MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 05-20-2021, 06:32 PM   #1
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

do over Challenge 5/20 to 6/30, 2021

So, we were talking about past challenges here at MouseScrappers, and the fact that we have all missed a couple along the way. There are a total of 20 pages of Weekly challenges alone!!!

What a great way to spend time at the end of this crazy school year, than a DO Over Challenge!

Take a look back through the past challenges. Find one that inspires you, one that you missed the first time, one that you did the first time but want to do again! Whatever it is, find at least 1 challenge to DO OVER! The original Participation prize for the challenge you chose is no longer valid, so you are doing this for the fun of getting a layout finished!

Please DO NOT post in the original challenge thread (if you do this, we have to lock the thread so it does not populate as new). Post your new layout in this thread, and post a LINK to the original challenge thread! That way we can see what your directions were!

I can't wait to see your DO OVER Layouts!

**This just in!!!! If you do one of the following challenges, the original PP will be given to you if you send a message to mmbstaley linking to their post in this thread and their layout in the gallery!! Some numbers of her challenge PP's are: 418, 407, 406, and 402.***

Please remember:
1) Challenge should be Disney related (or from a vacation/theme park around Disney) (following the details listed above)
2) Layout should be uploaded to the MouseScrappers Gallery in the Weekly Challenge category
3) Participants should post their layouts in two places: in this challenge thread, and in the appropriate forum for the theme of their page.
Please be sure to do this.
If you need help on where to post in the forum, please let me know and I'll be happy to help!
4) Please leave love on the person who posts before you (not required, but certainly a nice way to boost the people up around you!)
5) Please don't use a quick page to fulfill the challenges
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Last edited by Aussiegirl; 05-28-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Aussiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2021, 12:22 PM   #2
pixleyyy
Staying the night in the Contemporary Resort

Software: PS CC
Camera: Nikon d7000
Any chance you could compile a list of all the challenges (or maybe the last page or two) and what they were? That might make it easier for anyone wanting to join in. The idea of going back through all the forum entries is daunting. LOL
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Sorcerer\'s Hat Expedition Everest Carousel horse Cheshire Cat 1 It\'s a Small World Mouse Ears Teacups Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Star Tours Earful Tower Captain EO

pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 12:36 PM   #3
pixleyyy
Staying the night in the Contemporary Resort

Software: PS CC
Camera: Nikon d7000
Didn't want to make you do all the work so I started a list....
424-Your challenge is to complete a Disney-themed page and use a huge shape on your layout. *
423- Use 2 or more photos, 2 solid and 2 patterned papers, at least 1 photo with a frame or accent, elements and journaling
422-1 large photo, 2 themed elements or word strips, 3 buttons, 4 or more flowers and/or leaves, 5 photos
421-Use a template but it make it your, make a 2-page layout, mix at least 2 kits, use at least 4 papers, use cards or wordart and add some finishing touches
420- Arrange pics on one side of the layout, use a large title on the opposite side of the page, use at least 2 ribbons, papers or stitching, journaling
419- Surround page edges in pics, use large title in center of pate, use at least 3 ribbons, journal at least 3 lines
418- This challenge is FOOD related. It needs to be about FOOD.
417-Use given color palette with violet, coral, pink and marigold *
416- Superheros, either super hero characters or friends/family in hero professions
415 - At least 4 sentences of journaling *
414 - Template with 2 sections, 5+ pics, 2 patterned and 2 solid papers, 1+ glitter papers, 1 scatter, 3 clusters, 2 different titles not next to one another
413 - Template with all circle photos, 3+ photos, something sparkly, stitching, title
412 - Now & Then Photos layout
411 - Large photo, at least half the page
410 - Scrap about a place - restaurant, hotel, park, etc
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Sorcerer\'s Hat Expedition Everest Carousel horse Cheshire Cat 1 It\'s a Small World Mouse Ears Teacups Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Star Tours Earful Tower Captain EO

Last edited by pixleyyy; 06-19-2021 at 10:12 PM.

pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 12:26 PM   #4
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Another option, so that you aren't overwhelmed:

I had my daughter pick a number 1-20 (20 pages of challenges). She chose 17.
I opened page 17. Then had her pick another number 1-20 (minus the sticky thread, there are 20 challenges per page). She chose 3.

I opened that challenge, read the instructions and that is the one I will be chosing. I had her do it again, just for fun and she chose page 5, challenge 13.

I plan to do both of those challenges!

I understand that 20 pages is a LOT! So rather than get overwhelmed trying to read through them all, try the numbers approach. Pick 2 numbers, 1-20.
First number is the page, 2nd number count down that the challenge. If that challenge isn't appealling to you, or you aren't quite feeling it, chose 2 more numbers or just open a random challenge page, then chose a random challenge and pick that one!

This is supposed to be fun, not stressful! If you need, I will pick/assign you page and challenge numbers! I do NOT have the time to go through 20 pages of challenges. Also, in picking yourself, it was fun to look back through the original pages for these challenges to see what others did! It helped to give me more ideas for my own page!
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Old 05-28-2021, 11:19 AM   #5
mmbstaley
Spending the night in the Grand Californian

Software: PSE19
Camera: Nikon D3000
As a person who has made a few scattered prizes here and there - usually Jlynn is the host and gives them out - I will send anyone who does one of those the past prize if the person sends me a message and points me to their post in this thread and their page in the gallery I don't remember what all the challenges were, so people will have to ask for them. For example, #418 Food was one of them - I made some cute snack food digital pins.

mmbstaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:10 PM   #6
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbstaley View Post
As a person who has made a few scattered prizes here and there - usually Jlynn is the host and gives them out - I will send anyone who does one of those the past prize if the person sends me a message and points me to their post in this thread and their page in the gallery I don't remember what all the challenges were, so people will have to ask for them. For example, #418 Food was one of them - I made some cute snack food digital pins.
Thank you so much!!! That is so kind of you! I can't wait for life to settle down a little so that I can scrap! 3 working teenagers, the end of the school year, a mix of online and in person school and a husband who is working almost 6 days a week is taking it's toll! It never seems like my days I plan to scrap work out!

Old 05-29-2021, 10:24 PM   #7
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Such a fun challenge! I did 418:
http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17451

Posted in DCL Food

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

Last edited by snowdrop; 05-29-2021 at 10:36 PM.

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 04:20 PM   #8
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

I have redone 2 challenges so far. Here is my 1st one.

also posted here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...444#post182444

My daughter chose p. 5 of the weekly challenges, the 13th challenge on that page. #316: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...ad.php?t=15495

Old 06-09-2021, 02:13 PM   #9
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

I did a 2nd layout. My daughter chose page 17, 3rd challenge #72
[IMG][/IMG]

also posted here: http://mousescrappers.com/forums/sho...469#post182469

Old 06-09-2021, 02:49 PM   #10
Marif
Trying to find Nemo in the Tomorrowland lagoon

Software: The Gimp
Camera: iPhone
This is so much fun, thanks for organizing it and helping with the short list of recent challenges and the ideas for selecting some.
I picked #416 found here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...ad.php?t=17404
And I made it about my son's crazy flexibility (which is one of his superpowers) using an Incredibles themed kit, so it's a little bit regular superhero and still a little bit Disney

Marif is offline   Reply With Quote