MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Tutorials
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #51
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder
 
WDW Scrap Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 1,103 Miles from MK
Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
Posts: 7,119
Points: 27,465
Wonderful!
__________________
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #52
Bev Cavera
Watching fireworks burst over Sleeping Beauty's Castle
 
Bev Cavera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: on Lake Michigan
Software: PSE 8
Camera: Cannon Rebel T1i
Posts: 537
Points: 3,333
Question HELP Globe template & Fading Reflection page

Help I am not doing something correct?? I have the Globe & all the pic
> correct.I made a reflection globe.I have dark blue paper on level 1 ,
> light blue paper next, the Globe on 0 level and reflection above the
> globe.I cannot fade the reflection globe. It either totally disappears as
> I try to fade it or the entire layer goes black & white. I did download
> Grants tools to us for my PSE 8. Any ideas? My hair is turning grayer by the hour...as I try to figure this out! Bev Cavera
> MouseScrappers.com
Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Disney Vacation Club Member Magical Express Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 2 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Minnie\'s Shoe Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Captain EO Italy France Sorcerers Hat Pumpkin King Gingerbread Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World

Bev Cavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #53
ILuvCrush
Having dinner at Ohana
 
ILuvCrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West-central PA
Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Sony Alpha-550 DSLR
Posts: 2,378
Points: 6,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev Cavera View Post
Help I am not doing something correct?? I have the Globe & all the pic
> correct.I made a reflection globe.I have dark blue paper on level 1 ,
> light blue paper next, the Globe on 0 level and reflection above the
> globe.I cannot fade the reflection globe. It either totally disappears as
> I try to fade it or the entire layer goes black & white. I did download
> Grants tools to us for my PSE 8. Any ideas? My hair is turning grayer by the hour...as I try to figure this out! Bev Cavera
> MouseScrappers.com
did you get it figured out yet Bev??? I don't know anything about PSE8 but I know Roxana can probably help you and a few of the other girls too. hopefully this 'bump' will get a little notice
__________________
Disney Vacation Club Member United States of America Mouse Ears Monorail Eiffel Tower Mickeys shoe I link to MouseScrappers! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 2 Magical Express Star Tours Expedition Everest Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow D23 Member Captain EO Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Flag Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Turkey Christmas Tree Cheshire Cat 1 Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Paula! France Italy United Kingdom Morocco Canada Germany

ILuvCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:49 AM   #54
luv2scrapmm
E Ticket Holder
 
luv2scrapmm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SE NY
Software: Craft Artist
Camera: Canon Powershot SX10IS & learning to use my new Nikon D3100
Posts: 3,755
Points: 16,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev Cavera View Post
Help I am not doing something correct?? I have the Globe & all the pic
> correct.I made a reflection globe.I have dark blue paper on level 1 ,
> light blue paper next, the Globe on 0 level and reflection above the
> globe.I cannot fade the reflection globe. It either totally disappears as
> I try to fade it or the entire layer goes black & white. I did download
> Grants tools to us for my PSE 8. Any ideas? My hair is turning grayer by the hour...as I try to figure this out! Bev Cavera
> MouseScrappers.com
Here's another little bump Bev! I have to admit I created my globe and then inported it into my other software to work on a reflection. Still not 100% happy with the effect but it is a work in progress . If I get some time to play today maybe I'll see if I can figure out PSE8 a lttle more.
__________________
Monica
Pirate Ears Speed Scrapper! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Haunted Mansion Sorcerers Hat Panda Beast Redfan R2-D2 Boo Toy Story Alien Gingerbread Italy Pigglet 1 Great Britain Morocco Big Eyes Goofy Mickey Bar Pooh Big Eyes Mike Wazowski Norway Cutester Minnie Kermit 1 France Test Track Pumpkin Mickey Germany

luv2scrapmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #55
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO
 
roxana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lima, Peru
Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
Posts: 8,246
Points: 21,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev Cavera View Post
Help I am not doing something correct?? I have the Globe & all the pic
> correct.I made a reflection globe.I have dark blue paper on level 1 ,
> light blue paper next, the Globe on 0 level and reflection above the
> globe.I cannot fade the reflection globe. It either totally disappears as
> I try to fade it or the entire layer goes black & white. I did download
> Grants tools to us for my PSE 8. Any ideas? My hair is turning grayer by the hour...as I try to figure this out! Bev Cavera
> MouseScrappers.com
I´m sorry Bev but I haven´t try with the reflection yet, I was so dissapointed with the appearance of my globe that didn´t want to try anything else until I get a globe I like. I thought the reflection thing was only something to play with the opacity and grunge eraser to smooth the borders, so I don´t understand why it disappears or turns b/W. Yesterday I was supposed to be in a Photoshop hour were you can ask whatever you want, but I got the flu and was feeling so bad that I missed the PS hour( I was going to ask about the globe). Maybe if you can´t solve the problem you can check next week PS hour and ask Lauren(the host) she is a PS expert. If you are interested I can post the links to it, it was Lynette(Mama-si) who introduce me to that forum.
__________________

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #56
mae5731
Just parked the car
 
mae5731's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: big D, Texas
Software: pse7
Camera: nikon d90
Posts: 1
Points: 129
Going to try this evening using the pse8 instructions. I have version 7, hopefully the steps are the same. Thank you for posting this!

mae5731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #57
MJAJmom
E Ticket Holder
 
MJAJmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Software: PSE 7.0
Posts: 4,543
Points: 13,728
Wow, I am so thrilled to make a globe. What a neat tool! I followed the tutorial that was posted, loaded the layers mask, and played around with it. It took quite a while, including a little bit of frustration, but I finally got it. Thanks for all the helpful hints!! I now have a fabulous cover page!!

__________________
Linda
Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Teacups Pirate Flag Monorail Carol helped me book my vacation! Magical Express Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Rocket Jets United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

MJAJmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #58
MJAJmom
E Ticket Holder
 
MJAJmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Software: PSE 7.0
Posts: 4,543
Points: 13,728
some other tips

After spending the day trying to make a globe, I can add a few helpful hints from what I learned today....

- I made the 7x7 rectangular photo boxes to cover the entire 12x12 page and filled all of them with photos
- I used a circle cookie cutter with a fixed size of 11.5 x 11.5inches to cut out the globe after it was spherized
- I have PSE7 so I downloaded the Grants Tools for PSE6 (there is no version for PSE7, just one for 6 and 8)
- For fading the reflection image, once you've got linear gradiant selected and black foreground color selected, click from the middle of the globe, drag toward the outer edge and click again. It just draws a line from the 2 clicks and fades from the middle to the edge. It will erase the other half of the globe. I kept trying to click from the edge to the middle. Remember to start in the middle first.
- then you can reduce opacity on the reflection to make it even lighter.

I followed the PSE8 instruction for the globe and thought they were superbly written and very detailed. Thank you for a great tutorial and sharing such a cool image with us!!!
__________________
Linda
Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Teacups Pirate Flag Monorail Carol helped me book my vacation! Magical Express Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Rocket Jets United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

MJAJmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #59
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO
 
roxana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lima, Peru
Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
Posts: 8,246
Points: 21,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAJmom View Post
After spending the day trying to make a globe, I can add a few helpful hints from what I learned today....

- I made the 7x7 rectangular photo boxes to cover the entire 12x12 page and filled all of them with photos
- I used a circle cookie cutter with a fixed size of 11.5 x 11.5inches to cut out the globe after it was spherized
- I have PSE7 so I downloaded the Grants Tools for PSE6 (there is no version for PSE7, just one for 6 and 8)
- For fading the reflection image, once you've got linear gradiant selected and black foreground color selected, click from the middle of the globe, drag toward the outer edge and click again. It just draws a line from the 2 clicks and fades from the middle to the edge. It will erase the other half of the globe. I kept trying to click from the edge to the middle. Remember to start in the middle first.
- then you can reduce opacity on the reflection to make it even lighter.

I followed the PSE8 instruction for the globe and thought they were superbly written and very detailed. Thank you for a great tutorial and sharing such a cool image with us!!!
How did you spherized, using the 3D-function or using the filter function? I´ve tried 5x5,6x6 and 7x7 and all the globes I get are the same not matter how many squares.
__________________

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:58 AM   #60
luv2scrapmm
E Ticket Holder
 
luv2scrapmm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SE NY
Software: Craft Artist
Camera: Canon Powershot SX10IS & learning to use my new Nikon D3100
Posts: 3,755
Points: 16,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAJmom View Post
Wow, I am so thrilled to make a globe. What a neat tool! I followed the tutorial that was posted, loaded the layers mask, and played around with it. It took quite a while, including a little bit of frustration, but I finally got it. Thanks for all the helpful hints!! I now have a fabulous cover page!!

Beautiful!!!

Would you mind also posting it here? Picture grids GLOBES
__________________
Monica
Pirate Ears Speed Scrapper! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Haunted Mansion Sorcerers Hat Panda Beast Redfan R2-D2 Boo Toy Story Alien Gingerbread Italy Pigglet 1 Great Britain Morocco Big Eyes Goofy Mickey Bar Pooh Big Eyes Mike Wazowski Norway Cutester Minnie Kermit 1 France Test Track Pumpkin Mickey Germany

luv2scrapmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

© Copyright 2009 - 2024 MouseScrappers.com, All rights reserved.
MouseScrappers.com is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger