MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Speed Scraps > Previous Marathons > 2015 SPEED SCRAP MARATHON
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2015, 06:30 PM   #31
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder
 
QuiltyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
Posts: 4,581
Points: 41,915
One thing I always do is choose which photos I want to scrap and match it up with the kit or kits that I want to scrap them with. That way you're not spending scrapping time trying to figure out what you're going to do.
__________________

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2015, 06:31 PM   #32
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder
 
QuiltyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
Posts: 4,581
Points: 41,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1112 View Post
Whoo hoo. Driving home right now from my first cruise so I have a brand new set of pictures to go through and start Scrapping!! And my DH and DS will be camping. DD is going to get to do practically anything she wants to. Lol
Same here - Thank you, Boy Scouts! Ha!
__________________

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:09 AM   #33
Annet83
Enjoying the whimsy of PhilharMagic
 
Annet83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,171
Points: 3,254
Too bad I've got a really busy weekend planned, so I won't be able to participate this time. Had so much fun the last couple of years!

Annet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:41 AM   #34
lmshubrook
Just parked the car
 
lmshubrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Boothwyn, PA
Posts: 6
Points: 74
Thanks for the tips. I look forward to learning more.

lmshubrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:21 AM   #35
Chef Minnie Mouse
E Ticket Holder
 
Chef Minnie Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Winter Haven, FL ;)
Software: CS6
Camera: Nikon D7000
Posts: 9,340
Points: 34,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
Welcome! If you want to join in the chats, try logging in to the chat room this week to be sure your java is up to date. Post a layout to the gallery this week to be sure it works for you. Also, if you look in the forums under challenges and speed scraps, there is a post about tips and tricks that might be helpful. The marathon can be crazy busy but have fun and don't hesitate to ask if you have a question!
Like Marie said be sure to have the current version of java. Mine was out of date and no one wants to be updating at the last minute...just sayin'
__________________
My Blog My Gallery
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Lisa! Mexico Norway China Germany Italy United States of America Japan Morocco France United Kingdom Canada Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Pirate Flag Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Captain EO Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I love DCL! D23 Member

Chef Minnie Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #36
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder
 
tinkerbell1112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
Posts: 5,949
Points: 36,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmshubrook View Post
I am new to digital scrapbooking and I am looking forward to the upcoming scrap-weekend. Any advice for a newbie?
Don't wait until you have completed your first speed scrap layout to try to figure out how to upload! my very first lo I uploaded was for a ss and it took me forever to get it down. Do a test layout this week And have fun! If you don't get them all done, that's ok! use the time to get to know the other members and the website
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:03 PM   #37
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder
 
tinkerbell1112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
Posts: 5,949
Points: 36,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltyMom View Post
Same here - Thank you, Boy Scouts! Ha!
YEP! His Tenderfoot campout - first one as an official Boy Scout so my husband is going to tag along. He can go to all of them if he wants but I think he's looking forward to not having to do them anymore. haha
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:05 PM   #38
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder
 
tinkerbell1112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
Posts: 5,949
Points: 36,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmshubrook View Post
I am new to digital scrapbooking and I am looking forward to the upcoming scrap-weekend. Any advice for a newbie?
oh, and another thing that I was stressed about when I did my first few speed scraps. sometimes I don't like an instruction. I will make my page and then after the fact tweak it for my personal album. This mostly comes up when it says "no journaling" but I have a lot to say on most of my pages. haha. so I make the lo with no journaling, but then fix it after I upload it. So don't think that you can't do that. That's the nice thing about digital - the delete button can be used as many times as you want!
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #39
snowdrop
Moderator
 
snowdrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Posts: 3,547
Points: 50,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmshubrook View Post
I am new to digital scrapbooking and I am looking forward to the upcoming scrap-weekend. Any advice for a newbie?
Here's a thread with tips for a speed scrap weekend

http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4848
__________________

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:38 AM   #40
CoralTurtle
Feeling like a kid again on Tom Sawyer Island
 
CoralTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 7 miles from WDW :)
Software: CS5 & Lightroom
Camera: Canon Rebel T3i, Canon SX40
Posts: 1,080
Points: 3,770
Yeah!

I'm so excited!
__________________


Mouse Ears United States of America Monorail Star Tours Earful Tower Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Ears Expedition Everest Sorcerer\'s Hat Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Japan Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Pooh Big Eyes Pluto Big Eyes Mike Wazowski Pete Yin Yang Carousel horse Pirates of the Caribbean Ive met another MouseScrapper

CoralTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:21 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

© Copyright 2009 - 2024 MouseScrappers.com, All rights reserved.
MouseScrappers.com is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger