MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > More Disney fun and memories > Character encounters
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #1
snowdrop
Moderator
 
snowdrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Posts: 3,547
Points: 50,498
Captain Hook & Mr Smee

This was one of my favorite character encounters on this trip (and it came on the last day!) One of the pics is one of my favs from the trip, too, when Mr. Smee was kissing my hand, I have a huge smile on my face! I appologize for the long credits with this one, but I did a lot of Cricut work.

For the title, I used an EK Success sticker for "Captain Hook." To match that, I made "and Mr Smee" from the Stamped Cricut cart. "Mr Smee" was welded together with Design Studio Software, while "and" was already welded on the cart. I couldn't shadow these since I used the normal function on the cart, so I just cut the title out in red & black, and then offset the black onto the red (hopefully that shows up in the pics.)

The scroll for journaling was done with Paper Dolls cart. I chalked the edge and stickled the x red. I've seen several others use this for the journaling on their pirate page, and others stickle the x, but I still love how it came out (and don't ask how long it took to line everything up to print right!)

And, the best part of all is Mr Smee, also made with the Paper Doll cart. I had a lot of fun putting him together. I printed out a second body to get white hands to use for white gloves (I placed it on the mat so I really only cut the hands.) I used Santa's hair & hat, pirate boy's shirt, pants, and shoe buckles, and prince's shoes. I matched the colors for his clothes as best I could. I was going to make glasses in DSS (weird that there aren't any glasses in Paper Dolls!?), but then I remembered I had a Jolee's sticker set for Ben Franklin, and knew these would work for Mr Smee. I had to break the glasses to work on his face, but it's ok. I chalked his cheeks & nose, but it doesn't show up in the pic. I love how he came out. The only thing I should have done was made his eyebrows a little thicker, haha. I made sure to place him away from the Captain Hook sticker on the LO so he didn't tower over Hook.

page 1


page 2


2 page spread


Journaling closeup


Mr Smee closeup

__________________

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
andrea4376
Blasting through Space Mountain
 
andrea4376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lancashire, UK
Software: PSE 8
Posts: 480
Points: 4,523
__________________
United Kingdom Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Andrea! Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Star Tours Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition

andrea4376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
MJAJmom
E Ticket Holder
 
MJAJmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Software: PSE 7.0
Posts: 4,543
Points: 13,728
My boys met Captain Hook and Mr Smee in Adventureland. I'll have to admit that Hook is pretty creepy looking!! Here's my layout using Kellybell Designs 'Off To NeverLand' kit.

__________________
Linda
Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Teacups Pirate Flag Monorail Carol helped me book my vacation! Magical Express Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Rocket Jets United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

MJAJmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
emmelleff
I'm on the tram
 
emmelleff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CT
Software: PSE 8, MemoryMakers
Camera: Canon Rebel, Canon Powershot
Posts: 22
Points: 1,761
I link to MouseScrappers!

emmelleff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
ILuvCrush
Having dinner at Ohana
 
ILuvCrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West-central PA
Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Sony Alpha-550 DSLR
Posts: 2,378
Points: 6,715
made for SS #23!


__________________
Disney Vacation Club Member United States of America Mouse Ears Monorail Eiffel Tower Mickeys shoe I link to MouseScrappers! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 2 Magical Express Star Tours Expedition Everest Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow D23 Member Captain EO Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Flag Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Turkey Christmas Tree Cheshire Cat 1 Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Paula! France Italy United Kingdom Morocco Canada Germany

ILuvCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
rescuetink
Buying my Disneyland park tickets
 
rescuetink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Jersey
Software: PSE8
Camera: Olympus E-450
Posts: 51
Points: 1,216
Andrea - I'm still a newbie with PSE, but i love the way your picture is blended in with the background...do you know if there is a tutorial for this on this board ord could you tell me what the technique would be called so I could google it?
Thanks! Your page is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea4376 View Post
__________________
Wendy


Magical Express Disney Vacation Club Member

rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
CynthiaY2
E Ticket Holder
 
CynthiaY2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alabama
Software: Photoshop
Camera: Nikon D300s
Posts: 4,276
Points: 32,857
Spring Break 2011

Click image for comments and credits.
__________________

DVC Member 2008! Annual Passholder
I'm a Disney fan who loves inspiring and helping others experience the magic of Disney
---ETSY Seller
I link to MouseScrappers! Disney Vacation Club Member Thanks for the great photography tips Cynthia! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Mickey Pumpkin I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member I love DCL! Sorcerer\'s Hat Canada United States of America Star Tours Contemporary Resort 2 2011 Special Edition pin #7 2011 Special Edition pin #5 2011 Special Edition pin #2 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Kermit 1 DCL Mickey Parts Big Eyes Goofy Minnie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper

CynthiaY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #8
ana_carol
E Ticket Holder
 
ana_carol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazil
Posts: 3,284
Points: 9,949

__________________
Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove Speed Scrapper! Brazil Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Minnie\'s Shoe Mickey Pumpkin Pop Century Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Ana Carol! Redfan Great Britain Morocco Miss Piggy 1 Canada Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

ana_carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #9
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder
 
Aussiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,310
Points: 25,333


__________________
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Aussiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #10
Chef Minnie Mouse
E Ticket Holder
 
Chef Minnie Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Winter Haven, FL ;)
Software: CS6
Camera: Nikon D7000
Posts: 9,340
Points: 34,859

__________________
My Blog My Gallery
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Lisa! Mexico Norway China Germany Italy United States of America Japan Morocco France United Kingdom Canada Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Pirate Flag Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Captain EO Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I love DCL! D23 Member

Chef Minnie Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

© Copyright 2009 - 2024 MouseScrappers.com, All rights reserved.
MouseScrappers.com is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger