View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
iheartdisneypins
On Casey Jr, going 'round the track
 
iheartdisneypins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Software: Photoshop
Camera: iPhone 6
Posts: 346
Points: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlovesthemouse View Post

a) how to use photoshop... ie, how to use the basics (lasso, magic wand, etc)

b) how to make elements

c) how to make the "globe" with reflection (as much as I made my first globe yesterday, it took me ALL day cos I had to use photoshop and didn't know how to do it.)

d) here's a tough one... how to come out of your comfort zone and be really creative. (by that I mean that, because I'm a very conservative digi scrapper, I see beautiful layouts from everyone here, but when it comes time for me to do it, I get "scared" because I don't feel confident using "lots of embellies" etc. ) Learning how to "let go" and being creative would be a HUGE challenge for me, but I would love to learn how to.

e) how to give layouts the "WOW" factor - ones that people really comment on as being exceptional.
Basics of photoshop - you have specifically listed 2 selection tools - how about a tutorial on how to make selections? What do you want to select?

Do you have some specific elements you want to make? I have tuts for gems, pearls and ribbon.

A globe - Ok, that's an interesting one. I'll have to play with that.

As for the last 2, you just have to play. It's all digital, you can undo, toss it, whatever. Throw all of your elements on a page and move them around, resized them, see what happens!
__________________

Melissa
Adobe Certified Instructor
inspire-me.com
cyberelement.com
I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag Disney Vacation Club Member Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Big Eyes Grumpy Captain EO Magical Express Contemporary Resort 2 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

iheartdisneypins is offline   Reply With Quote