View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #12
gfengel
Testing cars on Test Track
 
gfengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Peoria, IL
Software: CS 5.5
Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Posts: 1,544
Points: 3,369
Marla,

I'm so curious to know how your book turned out. I'm thinking about using Blurb to print a book I'm doing right now. I will have between 120 and 140 pages by the time I'm done, I think. Anyway I have a couple of Blurb questions for you...

How many pages was your book? I looked at it a while ago and I cannot remember.

Did you import your pages into their software before you printed or did you upload them as PDF files (I think you can do it that way...)? If you did use their software (or, I guess even if you didn't), does it look like it did trim the 1/2 inch all the way around each page?

I had about 70 pages done when I first uploaded them to the Book Smart software only to find out that a good share of my elements and journaling were within the dreaded pink zone.

SO, I had to redo a bunch of them. The one and only other book I have done was less than 100 pages and I had it printed through Shutterfly. Shutterfly doesn't stress the issue of the 1/2 inch around the page and all of my layouts looked great.

Anyway, now I don't particularly like the way my layouts look with that extra 1/2 inch trimmed all the way around - especially when I use overlays and stitching that is supposed to go around the outside edge of the page. Most of those will be lost completely if they cut off the 1/2 inch all the way around.

Anyway, since you've just gotten your book back, I thought you might be able to give me your opinion. I will probably still avoid the pink zone, but I just wondered if I really needed to.

Thanks so much for any information you can give me!

Gayle
Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Contemporary Resort 1 Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 2 Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey Pumpkin Rocket Jets Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie Bride Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Sorcerer\'s Hat Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! France Captain EO Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Carousel horse It\'s a Small World Expedition Everest

gfengel is offline   Reply With Quote