View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #17
tukogirl
Moderator
 
tukogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 10,453
Points: 27,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by haynay View Post
Hey ladies, just wanted to give you a couple of hints that I use in any SS I participate in...(just suggestions, not requirements)
1. I always use a template, it's easier, especially when there is a specific number of photos....I go find a template with that number. If you have more photos than is required, make it a two page spread...you can do the second page later!
2. I use one kit only. (Now I might go find one flower or ribbon from another kit, but kits are made to be used at once, every color matching, etc.) It really makes things much easier.
3. I always use drop-shadow styles. It's so much easier, when the drop shadows are already done and you can just chose the DS for paper, photos, flowers, stitching, etc. Saves so much time and gives an easy finish to a page!
4. I don't do this, but would, especially with this marathon...do your journaling before hand. If you pick your pictures early, put them in a folder together, then open a word or text document, type your journaling and save it in the same folder!

You can all do it! SSs are so much fun. I hope to be joining y'all for most of them if possible!?!? (Saturday will be harder as my kids are in Ski School and I"m not sure where I'll be since I don't ski but have to take them! )
This are great tips, heather! I especially like the idea of getting the journaling done.
__________________
Andrea



Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote