View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #23
agrievingmommy
Sliding back and forth on Mickey's Fun Wheel
 
agrievingmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 785
Points: 5,725
(Posting this here and at the beginning of the thread.)

I'm super excited to host another challenge this week! I know it's a busy week for those of us in the states (with the Thanksgiving holiday and Black Friday) but hopefully you all can join me

I'm not big on the Thanksgiving holiday. But I do work hard in my life to find things to be thankful for. And one thing I am VERY thankful for is scrapbooking. It is my hobby, and joy, and therapy! I truly love it and love learning new techniques and styles. Lately, I have fallen in love with photomasks! Photomasks are just a black/gray shape that you clip your photo to - giving your photo that same shape. I think they are super fun and can be really useful to highlight your photo or crop someone or something out with a cool look to it.

So this week, I'm keeping it super simple. The only rule is to use a photomask on your layout.

I realize that some people may not have used photomasks before so I made some for you to download if you want to use them. But it's not mandatory to use the ones by me - any photomask will do - or try making one yourself!


Download here


Download here


Download here

Hope you like them and give them a try!

Instructions for clipping your photo to the photomask:
In Photoshop Elements, put the photo layer on top of the photomask layer in the layer list. Then hit CTL-G.
In Photoshop CS, put the photo layer on top of the photomask layer in the layer list. Then hit CTL-ALT-G.

Remember to follow the usual rules:
1. Post your Disney-related layout in the Gallery. Don't forget to use a photomask on your layout!
2. Then come back here and post it in this thread.
3. Then post it in the relevant forum thread. (Please put a link to that in this thread also.)
4. Leave Love for other challenge participants!


Your Prize Package is this Mickey's Ice Cream Kit I made for you:


Hope you're inspired to do a page! I can't wait to see the layouts
__________________
- denise
A Grieving Mommy
"Life is about Love and Scrappin' is my documentation of that Love."

***My Blog***
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Speed Scrapper! Pirate Ears Angel Mickey\'s glove Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Pirate Flag Mouse Ears United States of America Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Monorail It\'s a Small World

agrievingmommy is offline