View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 06:47 AM   #2
CynthiaY2
E Ticket Holder
 
CynthiaY2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alabama
Software: Photoshop
Camera: Nikon D300s
Posts: 4,276
Points: 32,857
Disney Vacation Photography and Tips Cont....

Have you ever heard of the Rule of Thirds. Located on Shutterfly’s Picture More Community Earl wrote a great and simple article about Don’t Always be the Center of Attention. Each time I take a photo I attempt to take it 3 to 4 different ways. You never know until you get home how you will use your photo. When you begin to scrapbook it might need to be a right side page but what if you only took the photo to the left or center. In a matter of seconds with a quick simple snap and move technique you have 4 terrific photos. I LOVE close ups so ZOOM in! Remember how I stated previously to move your family away from the background. You get two amazing effects by simply moving left and you have one side of United Kingdom move to the right and you have a whole different vantage point. Then sometimes you just have to get centered. It’s amazing how one location can create 4 very different perspectives. Besides you never know how your scrapbook page will materialize and you can’t ever recreate that moment again. Snap! Snap! Snap!



Now you have the third and final stage which I call finalization. This happens nightly, each evening while the kids are all snug in their beds with dreams of Mickey dancing in their heads, I fire up my laptop and download all my photo’s from that day and move them to the appropriate subfolder. This allows me to re-format my memory card and prepare for the next day of photos. This is a Disney Must Do because if I don’t download photos nightly I would certainly run out of room on my card.

On the road trip home my husband is gracious enough to do all the driving (he hates my driving..sound familiar to anyone) and I ride reviewing all the photo’s from the trip on my laptop. I delete those I don’t think I will need (very few), review each photo and then rename them as needed. Whatever system works easiest for you is great. I use this to locate my photos easily when I begin to scrapbook. I also use Photoshop Organizer to tag each photo but with 5,000+ pictures that takes time too. Once I have completed a subfolder to my satisfaction I then review each picture one more time and start writing down the ones I want to load to my Shutterfly share site and potentially use in my scrapbooking. As an example for my Magic Kingdom folder I create another folder called upload MK and copy just those photo’s to be uploaded. As you can see this takes time as each folder will eventually have an Upload folder. When I get home I use one of Shutterfly’s Photo Upload Tools and select one of my upload folders to begin the first upload of many. Once loaded I can then add them to my Shutterfly share site for my family and friends to see. I also use this folder to make it quick and easy to open those I’ve already identified as my favorites when I begin to scrapbook a new page in Photoshop Elements.

In all, if I can offer any advice it’s to snap, snap, snap! Take photos of the unplanned not just the planned poses, remember this is your family vacation and they are your most important subject, think outside the box and take photos of walls, floors, and signs and most importantly preserve those precious moments in photos and scrapbook memories.
__________________

DVC Member 2008! Annual Passholder
I'm a Disney fan who loves inspiring and helping others experience the magic of Disney
---ETSY Seller
I link to MouseScrappers! Disney Vacation Club Member Thanks for the great photography tips Cynthia! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Mickey Pumpkin I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member I love DCL! Sorcerer\'s Hat Canada United States of America Star Tours Contemporary Resort 2 2011 Special Edition pin #7 2011 Special Edition pin #5 2011 Special Edition pin #2 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Kermit 1 DCL Mickey Parts Big Eyes Goofy Minnie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper

Last edited by CynthiaY2; 05-10-2010 at 12:43 PM.

CynthiaY2 is offline   Reply With Quote