View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
iheartdisneypins
On Casey Jr, going 'round the track
 
iheartdisneypins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Software: Photoshop
Camera: iPhone 6
Posts: 346
Points: 1,373
You can also make masks with shapes. I have mickey head shapes and castle shapes I've made for clipping masks. I watched the video and at the end she merges the layers, making it difficult to use as a mask (I couldn't find the next video). You want the "white" area to actually be transparent. The mask should be a solid color (the color doesn't matter for a clipping mask). If you use it as a layer mask ( I think you can only create a layer mask in Photoshop), then the color does matter, as it will be transparent.

Anyway, you can put a bunch of shapes together on a regular layer and clip it. I hope that all makes sense!
__________________

Melissa
Adobe Certified Instructor
inspire-me.com
cyberelement.com
I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag Disney Vacation Club Member Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Big Eyes Grumpy Captain EO Magical Express Contemporary Resort 2 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

iheartdisneypins is offline   Reply With Quote