MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photography (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9649)
-   -   Thinking about getting a new lens, give me your opinions please (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7934)

MiaShella 07-01-2011 02:28 PM

Thinking about getting a new lens, give me your opinions please
 
I have a Canon Xsi, and I'm thinking about getting a Tamron lens. I am trying to decide between the Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di-II VC lens and the Tamron AF 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di lens. The first one has vibration compensation and the other one doesn't. I want a lens I can use for everything, so I don't have to switch lenses so often. I would be using this lens for everyday, vacation, and my dd's sports. Please give me your opinions, the one with the VC is $90 more, is it worth the $90 to get VC? :thanks:

inkspots 07-19-2011 12:11 AM

We LOVE our Tamron lens and it's our go to for ourside, sunny photos. It's really come through for us (we have an older one, so it doesn't have quite the range.) I'm not sure with the VC. $90 isn't much, but at the same time, I've not been happy with our Canon lens with image stabilization. It may just be the lens though. At 300mm though, having that reassurance could be helpful too.

Good luck in your decision. Hope your happy with your lens. It's not as wide as we'd like, but it sure is nice to go to the park and only need one lens.

kendallt 08-11-2011 08:05 AM

I know this is an older thread, but in case you're still on the fence about spending the extra $$ for the VC, I'd definitely recommend doing so. You're certainly going to need some kind of image stabilization if you're planning to take pics of things from super far away...unless you're planning to buy a tripod. Good luck with the lens! It's so much fun getting new toys! :)

frzndaqiri 09-06-2011 02:52 PM

I shoot Canon and definitely notice the benefit of IS on vs off especially in low light and longer lenses. I'd spend the bit extra and get the VC. :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Copyright 2009 - 2024 MouseScrappers.com, All rights reserved.
MouseScrappers.com is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger