MouseScrappers.com

MouseScrappers.com (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Speed Scraps (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9675)
-   -   -----> HERE for Speed Scrap 85 <----- (http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658)

obumpus 01-27-2012 10:52 AM

-----> HERE for Speed Scrap 85 <-----
 
We'll be starting here in about 10 minutes. Just as a refresher, here's what you'll be receiving upon successful completion:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...borders_PV.jpg

"See" you in the chat room real soon! Remember, your password is your user name. :)

obumpus 01-27-2012 10:52 AM

SS 85 Instructions
 
I'll be posting 1 step every 10 minutes in this thread. If you want to bookmark it for easy reference, have at it. I'll be updating this as the chat progresses!
  1. I want to see an odd number of photos. There needs to be at LEAST 3, but no more than 13 in total. Make one of your photos larger than the others.
  2. Stack some papers for your background, at LEAST 1 patterned and 1 solid.
  3. Put a frame around at least one of your photos. Be creative. Maybe use a circle frame around a square/rectangle photo or a square/rectangle frame around a round photo.
  4. I love ribbons. I need to see at LEAST 2 different ribbons in your LO.
  5. I need to see at least 10 different TYPES of elements. Two buttons, even if they are different colors/styles does NOT count as 2 elements, etc. Using those elements, create at least 3 clusters. Your ribbon and frame DO count towards the element count.
  6. Since we're scrapping Disney I need either a hidden Mickey, pixie dust trail, or another character "hidden" in your LO. You don't have to include ALL of these, just one.
  7. – Title your LO. Add some journaling (at least 2 sentences) and date it if you wish. Don't forget your shadows!

When you are finished, please post your LO in the Speed Scrap 85 Gallery. Also, don't forget to post it in the appropriate forum. For example, mine is posted in Character Encounters > Pooh & Friends HERE. I will be giving you 24 hours additional to finish your LO. So instead of needing to have your page posted 4 hours after the Speed Scrap is finished, you will have 28 hours. To try and help you figure out when, here's a list of times: 7:00pm EST/6:00pm CST/5:00pm MST/4:00am PST/10:00pm GMT on Saturday, January 28, 2012.

Here's my page:

http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...85_obumpus.jpg

Please remember to leave love for your fellow scrappers! We all LOVE to read comments about how awesome our pages are. I realize you may not have time DURING the marathon, but next week we all can get back on here and spread the loves!

Remember: There will be goodie bags for all participants who complete at least 1/2 (8) of the scheduled scraps PLUS another goodie bag for anyone who completes the Full marathon (16 challenges)! In order to qualify for the goodie bags each scrapper needs to create a post in the *master thread *(just one) that has been stickied to the top of the Speed Scrap sub-forum and put a link (not a image, just the links please) to each of your LOs. You can post up until NOON EST on MONDAY in that thread to qualify.

jr4mni 01-27-2012 10:55 AM

Yeah! I'm here patiently waiting.... ok, not so patiently. I'm already in the chat. how sad is that?

Romajo 01-27-2012 10:55 AM

October: thanks for hosting. Can't wait to get started! ;-)
Sara: thanks for that pp, just love the things you make!

ljritchie 01-27-2012 10:56 AM

Hi all. I can't start yet but wanted to check in. Looking forward to it.

hichchei 01-27-2012 10:57 AM

I am here but will be in the forum as I am at work and will be coming and going:):):) :woohoo::yeah:

Uwsharp 01-27-2012 10:57 AM

I am here for the speed scrap but also I need some help. I have no idea what in the world I have done but my font button is set to a horizontal type mask tool and I can not for the life of me figure out how to undo it. Does anyone know. I have Photoshop Elements 6.0 -- I was about to pull my hair out on that last speed scrap trying to do the journaling. I finally pulled up a template of mine and copied the text box onto my layout and went from there. So there is my temporary band-aid.

Any words of advice, would be greatly appreciated otherwise this is going to be a really long marathon.

Thanks!

:pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::p c::pc::pc::pc::pc:mistake::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos ::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Annet83 01-27-2012 10:58 AM

I'm all ready for speedscrap number 2!
Just did my first with Kelly and I'm starting to like it :D

QuiltyMom 01-27-2012 10:59 AM

I'll be in the chat room...

dannethia 01-27-2012 11:02 AM

Just postedf my layout from SS #84. Hanging out in the forum during this speed scrap.

sarahorton 01-27-2012 11:02 AM

Whoo hooo! I'm here ... heading over to the chat room!

Valoree 01-27-2012 11:09 AM

Oh my gosh this is soo exciting! I can't chat right now, but I am here waiting anxiously. THANK YOU, October for hosting the project.

Amanda J. 01-27-2012 11:12 AM

I'm here! I've got my pictures picked out. Seven of them! Thank you October for hosting this!

Kim 01-27-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwsharp (Post 93772)
I am here for the speed scrap but also I need some help. I have no idea what in the world I have done but my font button is set to a horizontal type mask tool and I can not for the life of me figure out how to undo it. Does anyone know. I have Photoshop Elements 6.0 -- I was about to pull my hair out on that last speed scrap trying to do the journaling. I finally pulled up a template of mine and copied the text box onto my layout and went from there. So there is my temporary band-aid.

Any words of advice, would be greatly appreciated otherwise this is going to be a really long marathon.

Thanks!

:pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::pc::p c::pc::pc::pc::pc:mistake::sos::sos::sos::sos::sos ::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I use PE 6. Did you try clicking on the T with the down arrow and arrow under the T, it is at the end of the line with the font size, bold, etc. That is how I switch from horizontal to vertical typing.

sparklehal 01-27-2012 11:24 AM

I can't chat but I can lurk! Stinking school regulations against chat rooms ! lol

liriel 01-27-2012 11:34 AM

I am here!

obumpus 01-27-2012 11:39 AM

FREE Templates
 
Here's the blog with some great free templates. On the left hand side you can find a link for Freebies, or for Project Scrap. Both have templates, but then you need to go through to find them all.

scrappinnewbie 01-27-2012 11:39 AM

I can't chat or play either... I am at work.. :(

I just wanted to pop in and say hey...

Thanks October for hosting your first SS and thank you Sara for the great PP! I hope you guys have fun!

I look forward to seeing all the yummy LO's in the gallery.

Have fun!!!!

sparklehal 01-27-2012 11:39 AM

I can make the chat for the 4, 6 and 8 (CST) Chats. I can't WAIT~!!

MaryD73 01-27-2012 11:44 AM

You're killing me with the embellishments! But you are also forcing me to branch out.

vew-tori 01-27-2012 11:47 AM

I'm at work too. Looks like everyone is having fun! Just thought I'd pop in before my next class starts. I'll be leaving right after school to make it home for Britt's. Can't wait to see what everyone does! Happy Scrappin' :)

sparklehal 01-27-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vew-tori (Post 93843)
I'm at work too. Looks like everyone is having fun! Just thought I'd pop in before my next class starts. I'll be leaving right after school to make it home for Britt's. Can't wait to see what everyone does! Happy Scrappin' :)

I popped in during second grade rotation...Fourth grade is playing typing games right now so they are content!

jr4mni 01-27-2012 12:05 PM

Thank you for the extra time! Now I think I've got a shot at the 3 clusters without it looking like a 2 year old did it! :yeah:

3BluEyedBabies 01-27-2012 12:10 PM

ss 85
 
Thanks for the extra time. I just finished scanning 7 photos...some look blurry, but I give up; they will have to do. The PP is great! OH MY...10 DIFFERENT elements with clustering...that's gonna be a tough one for me but I'm up for the challenge!!

tw1717 - EEYORE FAN 01-27-2012 12:14 PM

http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...dc_ss_85-1.jpg

Posted here as well - Misc. Disney at home

susan0877 01-27-2012 12:21 PM

Thank you so much for granting the extra time. Now, those of us at work can actually get some work done! :D

kateolas 01-27-2012 12:23 PM

Great instructions ... thanks for hosting !!!

This is the FIRST speed scrap I ever did as the instructions were handed out. I always used to wait till the end. I can't handle chat right now ... being sick and dizzy that chat screen won't work for me.

http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...1/MS-SS-85.jpg

Also posted here: http://mousescrappers.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=21

Neverlnd16 01-27-2012 12:23 PM

Goofy's Kitchen
 
Thanks! I think I got everything.
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...901/GK_Web.jpg
Gallery and Credits
Forum

tinkerbell1112 01-27-2012 12:23 PM

http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...3869#post93869
general forum

http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...ge-003&cat=901
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...-_Page_003.jpg

love that I got home 2 weeks ago and I am now done with 2 layouts. LOL

warty 01-27-2012 12:28 PM

SS 85
 
Ok, I must agree, the embelishments are a killer. Here is my effort but I think I will really have fix up the embelishment portion later. I am so new to digitas SB that I have very few items available. Loveing everyones crativity.
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos/data/901/ss_2.jpg

SS - http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...=22933&cat=901
Forum - http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...3884#post93884

Usagi 01-27-2012 12:31 PM

OMG thank you so much for the extra time!! I'm bummed because I'm at work until 5pm PSTand am going to miss the first three speed scraps!

larkd 01-27-2012 12:31 PM

Here's mine:

http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...op-de-doo1.jpg

Credits in Gallery post
also posted here:http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...3877#post93877

simplegirlscraps 01-27-2012 12:33 PM

Here's mine!

http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...popcorn600.jpg

Romajo 01-27-2012 12:34 PM

Done! ;-) Didn't need those hours extra! Thanks for hosting and for the pp!
Here is my Lo:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos.../ss85klein.jpg
Also posted here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...3876#post93876

ana_carol 01-27-2012 12:34 PM

Thanks for hosting October, great instructions and great pp
Here is mine, i have Randall sort of hidden :)

http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos/data/901/SS_85.jpg
:credits:

Also posted here
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...3880#post93880

Pooh46 01-27-2012 12:35 PM

http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos/data/901/View2.jpg

Also posted here:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...3885#post93885

dinahfig 01-27-2012 12:36 PM

Thank you, thank you , thank you for the extra time! :) Going to a crop tonight! I really want this PP!! I'll try to post later tonight. At work now. lol!

meagan43 01-27-2012 12:38 PM

thanks for hosting October and thanks to Sara for the PP.

Here is my LO:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...hool_weblg.jpg

also here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...3889#post93889

Do I need to explain the hidden Mickey and other 10 ellies or is it a scavenger hunt?? :)

Raquel 01-27-2012 12:45 PM

:thanks:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos/data/901/ss2.jpg
:credits:
also posted here:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...3906#post93906

jenscrap 01-27-2012 12:47 PM

Here's mine. Thanks for the challenge.
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...ap_85_copy.jpg
Also posted here:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...3897#post93897


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Copyright 2009 - 2024 MouseScrappers.com, All rights reserved.
MouseScrappers.com is not affiliated in any way with Walt Disney World, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries.
Visit Disney's official web site at Disney.com As to Disney artwork, logos and properties: © Disney
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger