MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > Help and Support
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 07:24 AM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Gallery help/guidelines

Hey MouseScrappers!

We now have our very own Gallery! Here are some guidelines for using it:
  • To upload a photo, click on the "Upload Photos" link on the far right side of the blue Gallery nav bar
  • Category field: If it is for a challenge, use the appropriate 'Challenge' gallery. All other photos should go in the "Member Galleries" (this is the default)
  • Photo selection: Select the location of your photo by clicking on the 'Browse' button. You can choose a file from your computer, or you can enter a URL of an image from the Internet (e.g. if you already have it in your PhotoBucket and would like to copy it here, too)
    Note: the max dimensions are 600px x 600px. The max file size is 180kb
  • Title field: Enter a Title for your layout (otherwise the title will default to your filename, which may look kind of funny)
  • Description field: here is where you should add credits (required if your layout is digital, optional if your layout is traditional/paper) and any other comments you'd like to include about your photo. If you include your credits here, you do not also need to list the credits in the forum (as long as you use the linked image back to your photo in the gallery). Outside links to products is okay.
  • Keywords: optional

Click on the "Upload/Submit" button

Once your photo has been successfully uploaded, you will see some fields below the image. To easily grab a link to your photo, click once in the "Linked Image" field to highlight it (sometimes it will say something slightly different like "Medium Image"). Copy this entire string. Go to the appropriate forum and paste this in your post.

PLEASE DO NOT HOTLINK! (do not copy the linked image on other websites). See more information in this post

Please be sure to use a linked image in the forums area of MouseScrappers.com. It makes it easy for members to see your photo in the gallery in case they want to see the credits or 'leave love' (i.e. positive feedback) for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Carol

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Last edited by Carolc; 02-12-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
PNWmom
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Wow Carol you have been busy!
Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Janna! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail United States of America Pirate Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Teacups

PNWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:53 AM   #3
Carolc
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWmom View Post
Wow Carol you have been busy!
And how! But I think all the work is making things better for the community.

Update:
I decided to change the directory name of the gallery. I opted for simplicity over the product name.

Before: http://www.MouseScrappers.com/photopost/index.php

After: http://www.MouseScrappers.com/photos/index.php

I went through both the database and the forums to find/fix all existing links pointing to the old directory. So a number of posts (esp in the Challenge 17 thread) will show 'Modified by Carolc' I think I fixed them all, but if you notice any missing images, it may be pointing to the wrong place.

I also put a link at the top of the page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Carol

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Last edited by Carolc; 01-17-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
psugirl
Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA

Software: StoryBook Creator Plus
Camera: Canon Rebel
I'm having trouble trying to upload my layout into the gallery. It keeps giving me an error message that the webpage is not available.

I'm a totally newbie when it comes to this so I tried to follow the directions very carefully...any idea what my problem could be?
Pirate Flag Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Captain EO Rocket Jets

psugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

At what point do you see that error?

- Are you able to see the gallery?

- what happens when you click on the "upload photos" link? Are you taken to the upload page?

- Are you able to select a photo?

Studio1955

Old 01-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #6
psugirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
At what point do you see that error?

- Are you able to see the gallery?

- what happens when you click on the "upload photos" link? Are you taken to the upload page?

- Are you able to select a photo?
yes, I can do all of those things. When I click submit it tells me to wait and then after several moments the webpage not available page pops up.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
Carolc
Administrator

I'm unfortunately not able to recreate that error you are encountering.

- what operating system are you using?

- what browser are you using?

- what kind of internet connection do you have? (DSL, cable, dial-up...)

- how large of a photo are you trying to load? Maybe do a test with a really small image.

Maybe try logging out of MouseScrappers. Clear your cache. Reboot. Sign in and try again.

Studio1955

Old 01-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #8
psugirl

OK, the size of the photo was totally the problem, thanks for suggesting that. I've not done this before so I wasn't thinking about saving the photo is a smaller size.

Thanks!!

Old 01-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
Carol,

I'm having problems uploading to the gallery. I've saved my LOs at 600, but I'm getting an error message about them being too large. I'm afraid that if I save them any smaller they will be such poor quality that they'll be fuzzy.

Any suggestions?

Jan

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #10
Carolc
Administrator

Jan,

How many KB's is your file?

Studio1955