MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Disney News and information > Park changes/openings
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
MJAJmom
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSE 7.0
Star Wars Weekends 2011

This is the place to come to find out everything you want to know about Star Wars Weekends 2011!! Come back often because we'll be updating it as we find out more about this years events. Please pass on any news that you hear as we try to keep the schedules current.

Recent News:The dates have been announced for Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios: May 20-22, May 27-29, June 3-5 and June 10-12. The official announcement can be found on Disney Parks blog: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...weekends-2011/

Official celebrity guests are:
- Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano in “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” will appear each weekend this year as Celebrity Host. Ashley is no stranger to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Ashley, who grew up in central Florida, had one of her first show-business roles as a parade performer at the theme park.
- James Arnold Taylor, voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Plo Koon on "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" has announced on his Facebook page that he will be the second Celebrity Host of all 4 Star Wars Weekends.

Weekend 1 - MAY 20-22
Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
The Clone Wars Special Guest: Dave Filoni (Supervising Director)
Daniel Logan (young Boba Fett)

Weekend 2 -MAY 27-29
Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
Bruce Spence (Tion Medon)
The Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Dee Bradley Baker (Captain Rex)

Weekend 3 - JUNE 3-5
Ray Park (Darth Maul)
Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
The Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Matt Lanter (Anakin)

Weekend 4 - JUNE 10-12
Ray Park (Darth Maul)
Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
The Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Tom Kane (Yoda)

What Happens At Star Wars Weekends?
Star Wars happens on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Disney's Hollywood Studios from 9:00 am to 7:00pm. No special admission ticket is required to attend.

Stormtroopers At Park Entrance - About 15 minutes before the ticket gates open, several stormtroopers are on the roof of the ticket gates. They are very entertaining.
Celebrity Autograph Sessions - There are usually 3 celebrity guests each weekend along with 1 host that is there for all 4 weekends. You must get a FastPass for the celebrity autographs. People line up very early the night before for these.
Star Wars Character Encounters - There are lots of characters that have scheduled meet and greet times and several characters that are walking around the park (no special passes are needed to meet these characters). There are 5 Disney characters - Jedi Mickey, Darth Vader Goofy, Stormtrooper Donald, Princess Leia Minnie and R2-MK. Other characters include Aksoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker, Aurra Sing, Boba Fett, Cantina Band, Captain Rex, Chewbacca, Clone Troopers, Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Ewoks, Gamorren Guard, Jango Fett, Jawas, Kit Fitso, Mace Windu, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Queen Amidala, R2-D2, Shaak Ti, Stormtroopers, Tusken Raiders, Asaaj Ventress and Zam Wessell.
Motorcade Parade - All the celebrities and characters parade by you with a grand motorcade at 11:40am. It's a must-do parade!
Celebrity Welcome - Following the motorcade, the Star Wars Weekend Host will welcome all the celebrities and characters up on the Star Tours stage for a fabulous one-of-a-kind photo opportunity.
Stars of the Saga Celebrity Talk Show - Experience the fascinating life and movie making adventures of the three visiting celebrities. The presentation concludes with a lively audience Q&A session. Starts at 1:15pm.
Padawan Mind Challenge - Guests 11 and under can use their Star Wars knowledge to pass the trivia trials and become official Padawan learners. Registrations begins at the Event Information table at 9:00am and the Challenge begins at 11:00am and 5:45pm.
Behind the Force - Join the host Ashley Eckstein with a fascinating look behind the scenes of the shows. Shows are at 11:00am and 3:35pm.
Hyperspace Hoopla - Held on the Star Tours stage at 7:00pm, all the Star Wars characters participate in a fun dance-off showoff to end the day's events. Check out this video from last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI49q...454&feature=iv
Star Wars Merchandise - Lots of event exclusive merchandise such as limited edition pins, posters, t-shirts, hats, light sabers, toys and much more are available. This merchandise in NOT available on a non-SWW day at Hollywood Studios.

In addition, Star Tours (which officially reopens on May 20th) and Jedi Training Academy are regular attractions that are open.

Some information from last year's Star Wars Weekends:
- map of 2010 weekend events: http://allears.net/tp/mgm/sww10/sww2010map.pdf
- photo gallery 2010: http://allears.net/tp/mgm/sww10/ssw10a.htm#1

Mousescrappers Attending Star Wars Weekends:
MJAJmom (Linda) - June 2-13
PoohAddict (Donna) - May 29
CarmenF - June 4-13
Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Pirate Flag Teacups Monorail Carol helped me book my vacation! Magical Express Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Rocket Jets United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

Last edited by MJAJmom; 05-09-2011 at 07:03 PM.

MJAJmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
This is awesome, Linda.... Thanks for sharing all this info! I really want to go sometime - this year would be the good since I've already paid for an annual pass (now just need a cheap flight, cheap hotel and a hall pass for work/home ).

Do you know when the guest celebrities will be announced? I'm wondering if Ray Park (quite the hottie ) will be there again this year

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Like Carol, I'd really love to go to this sometime! I don't even care about the celebs, I want to meet the characters! This is partly your fault, Linda, your layouts from SWW are always so cute!

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
MJAJmom
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
Do you know when the guest celebrities will be announced? I'm wondering if Ray Park (quite the hottie ) will be there again this year
I would love to see him too!!! The SWW logos should be released later this month. Then the celebrity guests will start to leak out. Last year, the full list of celebrities came out on March 18th.
Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Pirate Flag Teacups Monorail Carol helped me book my vacation! Magical Express Star Tours Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Rocket Jets United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

Old 02-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
MJAJmom
E Ticket Holder

A little bit more information released about Star Tours 2.0:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...of-star-tours/

Old 02-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
scrappinnewbie
E Ticket Holder

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Cannon Rebel XTi
Linda,

Thanks so much for putting this thread together. We are wanting to attend a Star Wars weekend this year and your information is extremely helpful. I will be watching as information unfolds.

I must confess... I really want to see the Disney Characters dressed up as Star Wars characters. They look so stinkin cute in all your LO's!

Thanks again for sharing this information. I can't wait!!!!! Oh, btw... do you have your trip planned? I would love to meet you if everything worked out.

again!

Melinda
Mouse Ears United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Melinda! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Panda Germany R2-D2 Pigglet 1 Carol helped me book my vacation! Big Thunder Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

scrappinnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #7
MJAJmom
E Ticket Holder

In the first post I'm listing all the Mousescrappers attending SWW. Maybe we can all find a way to hook up. What are your dates?

Old 02-16-2011, 03:31 AM   #8
luv2scrapmm
E Ticket Holder

Software: Craft Artist
Camera: Canon Powershot SX10IS & learning to use my new Nikon D3100
My son's HS band trip to WDW is the first set of Star Wars weekends. He has been a big Star Wars fan since he was very little - had all the legos etc... I just hope they can even get into the park because they have seminars in the AM and won't get to the parks til closer to noon every day they are there. I'm bummed because I can't go due to work obligations . I just hope he can get some pix of (or better yet with) the Disney characters in their Star Wars gear.
Pirate Ears Speed Scrapper! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Haunted Mansion Sorcerers Hat Panda Beast Redfan R2-D2 Boo Toy Story Alien Gingerbread Italy Pigglet 1 Great Britain Morocco Big Eyes Goofy Mickey Bar Pooh Big Eyes Mike Wazowski Norway Cutester Minnie Kermit 1 France Test Track Pumpkin Mickey Germany

luv2scrapmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:18 AM   #9
poohaddict
E Ticket Holder

Software: Storybook Creator 3.0 & PSE9
Camera: Canon Rebel T2i
We will be going to DHS on may 29th the sunday of memorial day weekend probably going to be packed but we are going anyway.
Last year we went the last weekend in June and it wasn't bad but everyone was crany our flight to Florida was at 6:30 am. we didnt get to do anything

My Blog Donna
Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Cheshire Cat 1 Teacups Star Tours Germany Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow It\'s a Small World Mickey Pumpkin USA Pinocchio Girlie Disney Vacation Club Minnie Cupcake Toy Story Pooh Marie Cupcake Cheshire Cat Cupcake Pirate 2 Pumpkin Mickey Confetti Cupcake Plane Crazy Toy Story Alien Mexico

poohaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
Julie L.
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

thanks Linda! I So would love to get to the last Star Wars weekend---we'll see! this is great info to have!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Ive met another MouseScrapper Mouse Ears

Julie L. is offline   Reply With Quote