MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #11
Saar
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop 7
Camera: Nikon D40x
I chose Weekly Challenge #85 hosted by Sparklehal

Spring is a time of birth and rebirth. It’s a time to sweep out the old and put fresh coats of paint on walls, beat the dust out of the rugs, put the old clothes away and so forth.

This week’s challenge will be a new beginning for an old layout. Your assignment for this week is to take an old layout that you do not like or that needs a little tweaking and revamp it!

I deleted two photos, kept the main one and added a new one. On the first layout I made a large percentage of the items there and I knew it didn't mesh well but I was new to digi scrapping. I like this new layout soooo much better.

You may:
Use a totally different kit
delete photos
change journaling and title

You may not:
Add more than one photo not included in the original layout
Delete all photos

You will need to post both the old layout and the new layout in this thread. If the old layout is here in the Mousescrappers gallery, you do not have to reload it. Just put the image code in the thread alongside the new layout.

My old layout:

My redo:

I also posted:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...1902#post81902

Thank you so much for the challenge. It was really fun.
And thank you to Britt for the awesome PP!

My blog | My shop | My Facebook Fan Page

I proudly create for:

<- Grab my blinkie
Eiffel Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Star Tours Rocket Jets Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey Pumpkin France Christmas Tree Turkey Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pumpkin King

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #12
inkspots
Enjoying the whimsy of PhilharMagic

Software: PSCS5, PSE 5.0
Camera: Canon 40D
I went back in time to challenge #5:

This will be a color challenge. I don't want to restrict to just using Halloween photos but I would love to see some Halloween Time layouts! You also need to have a "hidden" (can be not so hidden) mickey and your page must be Disney related.

So simply pull your colors from this picture (orange, yellow, redish brown, browns, black) - basically the sign portion of the photo. Feel free to add in some white as well, if needed.

What fun! I can't wait to go to Disneyland next week and see it all done up for Halloween.

It's also posted here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...04&postcount=4

Old 08-31-2011, 08:00 AM   #13
tukogirl

wow, you guys are fast! Great job on all of the pages so far. It is fun to see what everyone chooses!

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

Old 08-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #14
hollyanne21
Cooling off in Critter Country

Software: photoshop elements
Camera: Canon Digital Rebel
What a great challenge, thanks for hosting! Thanks, Britt, for the awesome PP! It is awesome!

I chose challenge #63
Here are the instructions:
White. Use a white background for your page. You can layer other colored papers on top if you want, but I want to see a white colored background.
Alphas. I want to see at least TWO different alphas on your page. Mix & match, or alternate letters. Whatever you do, use two alphas or more.
Line it up. I want to see at least three buttons or brads in a row somewhere on your page.
Tell the story! I want to see some serious journaling (at least 4 or 5 lines if not more!).

And here's my page

Also posted here.

Last edited by hollyanne21; 08-31-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: left out a word.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:34 AM   #15
Usagi
Uh oh , I just looked into the eyes of Mara

Software: PSE
Camera: Sony point and shoot/Canon Rebel T3
The layouts so far are awesome! I can't wait to pick a past challenge!!

Thanks for hosting and Thanks Britt for the PP. It looks so cute!!

Old 08-31-2011, 09:35 AM   #16
scrappinnewbie
E Ticket Holder

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Cannon Rebel XTi
Woo hoo! Looks like a really fun challenge and a must have PP. Thank you Andrea and Britt! I will be to the wire, but am gonna do my best to do this one. Yeah!

Melinda
Mouse Ears United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Melinda! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Panda Germany R2-D2 Pigglet 1 Carol helped me book my vacation! Big Thunder Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 08-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #17
Charelkenl
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop Elements
Camera: Nikon 7200
Andrea, great challenge!!
Britt, Love the PP!!
Thanks to both of you!
Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours I love DCL! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Rocket Jets Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Ears Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Carousel horse 2011 Special Edition pin #7 2011 Special Edition pin #2 2011 Special Edition pin #5 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Expedition Everest Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Viking Ship Contemporary Resort 2 Eiffel Tower

Old 08-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #18
kathleena
Taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom

Software: PSCS4
Camera: Canon XS1IS Olympus Stylus-9000
The.Best.Prize.Ever.

Thanks so much!!!!
Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! United States of America Viking Ship Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Eiffel Tower Fairy Godmother D23 Member Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 I love DCL! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Canada Norway

Old 08-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #19
r0binb
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS5 & CS3
Camera: Sony Cybershot, Sony a55
This is a great challenge. There were several previous challenges that I wanted to do and just never had the chance. And the pp is awesome!!! (Thanks Britt.)

Now I'm off to pick a challenge to do...
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Speed Scrapper! Disney Vacation Club Member I love DCL! United States of America Magical Express Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Teacups Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Minnie Bride Captain EO Star Tours

Old 08-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #20
marinapj
Staying the night in the Beach Club

Software: Photoshop CS5
Camera: Nikon D-5100
What a great challenge and awesome PP!!!!!!!!!!!! Off to work on my page!!!
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Mickey\'s shorts Mouse Ears Mickeys shoe Magical Express Rocket Jets Expedition Everest Pirate Flag Mickey Pumpkin Boardwalk 1 Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Mickey\'s glove Contemporary Resort 1 Minnie\'s Shoe Captain EO Contemporary Resort 2 2011 Special Edition pin #2 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Monorail It\'s a Small World

Closed Thread