MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
kathleena
Taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom

Software: PSCS4
Camera: Canon XS1IS Olympus Stylus-9000
Weekly Challenge #76 (3/9 - 3/15)

Hey everyone! I'm delighted to be hosting my first Weekly Challenge! I hope you will enjoy scrapping the instructions I have for you and also will enjoy the terrific prize that By Becca has prepared for you!

I went to the website that has lists of things related to Disney that happened every day of the year and found some fun things for us to learn about as we scrap this week. Let's get started!

3/10 1983: Country singer-songwriter Carrie Underwood is born in Muskogee, Oklahoma. She contributed to the soundtrack for Disney's Enchanted singing "Ever Ever After" in 2007.

All of these steps are inspired by the hidden Disney references in Enchanted.

1) Troll is wearing remnants of past Animated Disney Princess dresses as a loincloth: Snow White, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella. He also wears Ariel’s shells as earrings.
**Showcase an icon from a disney princess, like a crown, a rose, a shell, a castle
2) The name of Robert's law firm is an homage to the songwriters of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves: Frank Churchill, Leigh Harline and Paul J. Smith.
**I want to see seven of something – seven flowers, seven letters in your title, the number 7
3) The bus driver's hair is Mickey shaped.
**Hidden Mickey!
4) Square trees in the Rapunzel performance look like the Eyvind Earle designs for the Sleeping Beauty trees.
**Other than your background paper, use something square
5) The soap opera set is built to look like the bandaging scene from Beauty and the Beast. It's even snowing.
**Scatter something to look like snow. Doesn't have to be white, just looking for delicate, tiny scatter........
6) The Bella Notte Restaurant is named after the song in Lady and the Tramp. There is a sign in the window at the far end of the restaurant.
**How about some spaghetti? No? OK, then use some string or thin ribbon instead.
7) When Edward is searching the apartment complex for Giselle, the pregnant mom is Judy Kuhn, the singing voice of Pocahontas.
**Include something from nature – an animal, leaves, flowers. Choose something as real looking as possible.

OK, so following my own instructions, I came up with this:

And I made the layout with the prize for the challenge. This wonderful mini kit, Ever After Again, that is also an add-on to By Becca's kit Ever After. I asked her to make a Disney-style add-on to that kit and I think she did a wonderful job!

And not only will you get this add-on, but you will also receive a coupon for 20% off her full kit! You can see it in the Products forum here.

Ok, so now we are down to the fine print - the Rules!!!!

To get your prize; you need to complete all of the rules for the Weekly Challenge LO’s:

1) LO must be Disney related.
2) It must be uploaded to the MouseScrappers Gallery in the Weekly Challenge category before the deadline of midnight Tuesday, 3/15.
3) Your layout and a link to it must be posted in two (2) places: in the challenge thread (here) and in the appropriate forum thread, and please donĀ“t forget to put a link to your forum thread in your post here!
4) And very important you must leave love to ALLthe other pages in the challenge. If there are 30 layouts here, I want to see 29 comments on everyone's page! (Edited to add, well, OK if there are dozens of layouts for this, we can re-negotiate, but I just want everyone to get LOTS of love, even the ones who post near the end KWIM?????)

OK - ready - set - go! Can't wait to see your pages!
Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! United States of America Viking Ship Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Eiffel Tower Fairy Godmother D23 Member Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 I love DCL! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Canada Norway

Last edited by kathleena; 03-09-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
kathleena

here's my linked image

And my link in the forum
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...44&postcount=7
Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! United States of America Viking Ship Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Eiffel Tower Fairy Godmother D23 Member Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 I love DCL! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Canada Norway

Old 03-09-2011, 06:11 AM   #3
r0binb
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS5 & CS3
Camera: Sony Cybershot, Sony a55
OMG, what a coincidence. This morning DD asked to watch a princess movie so I put on Enchanted. (I can hear it from the other room right now.) And I come here to learn all these fun little secrets about the movie for this challenge. Now I want to go rewind the movie to see what I've never noticed before.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Speed Scrapper! Disney Vacation Club Member I love DCL! United States of America Magical Express Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Teacups Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Minnie Bride Captain EO Star Tours

Old 03-09-2011, 06:19 AM   #4
scrappinnewbie
E Ticket Holder

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Cannon Rebel XTi
Oh my word... BEAUTIFUL... Your LO and the PP gave me chills! So lovely. I can't wait to play!!!!

Thanks so much for the challenge, the trivia and the lovely PP. Thanks Becca for the stunning PP.

Melinda
Mouse Ears United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Melinda! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Panda Germany R2-D2 Pigglet 1 Carol helped me book my vacation! Big Thunder Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
By Becca
I'm on the tram

Camera: Canon XTi
Nancy, your challenge and page look fantastic! I simply must watch Enchanted again.

Melinda, I'm thrilled you like the PP. I had so much fun putting it together.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #6
hichchei
Learning some history in The American Adventure

Camera: Fujifilm Finepix JV
Thanks for the great challenge and what a wonderful PP can not wait to play!!!! Thank you Becca for the great PP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pirate Ears Monorail Carousel horse Magical Express Mickey\'s shorts Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat It\'s a Small World Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Maracas Mickey\'s glove Star Tours United States of America

Old 03-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
kathleena

Wonderful ladies, I'm so excited to see what you do!

And hi Becca - I didn't know that you joined here! I'm sure with all of your princesses and their prince that you can do a disney themed page or two ???

Old 03-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
By Becca
I'm on the tram

Camera: Canon XTi
LOL Nancy -- I'd feel a little odd promoting your challenge on my blog and stalking your challenge thread if I didn't at least poke my head in. I just may find the time to do a page, I have some fab pics of Elena and Kyra in Rosetta and Tink costumes from a couple of years ago. Ummmm.... I know he's hidden, but I can't see your hidden Mickey anywhere!

Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #9
PrincessMouse
In the Hall of Presidents

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Nikon D3
CHALLENGE is right! eek. This simple newbie scrapper is breaking out into a sweat just reading it, but I'm going to accept the challenge and learn and grow. Right? RIGHT?!?

Nancy, your layout is stunning and I'm going to have to take a look at what Becca has to offer!
Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 1 Magical Express Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts China Monorail I love DCL! Minnie\'s Bow I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Skyway Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

Old 03-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #10
nadauh
Trekking along the Maharajah trail

Software: Photoshop CS4, PSP and Vizros plugin
Camera: Canon
I already love this challenge!! Those instructions are great and I love the facts about enchantment! And your lo is absolutly stunning!!!

And then that fantastic PP. In the Netherlands we have a saying that fits such a pp: hebben, hebben hebben .

Thanks so much!!!! Now I'm off to think!

Closed Thread