MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Scraplift Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 04-19-2019, 03:38 PM   #11
DianeInOz
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: adobe elements 13
Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XSi
I wanted to scrap an old layout, so I chose one of my VERY early ones. Right when I started digital scrapping. I had used the limited templates from Studio J (is that still a thing?) and ZERO embellishment. Just some plain digital papers.

I still use elements sparingly and love jamming in a ton of photos, but they are no longer non-existent! Plus, titles are much more fun now with interesting alphas and fonts...

Now to work on journalling more...

DianeInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2019, 04:38 PM   #12
naturebug
Cooling off in Critter Country

Software: Photoshop Elements
Camera: Nikon Coolpix and Cannon digital EOS
Playing at the Poly

This is my scraplift from my very first LO that I posted here in 2013. Back then I didn't know that I could move the templates and use shadowing. I didn't know about all the elements I could add anywhere I wanted. I'm still not great at this but do believe I've learned many things since then. Thank you for the challenge and the wonderful prize. I love seeing so much activity again on this site!

Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Boardwalk 1 Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Contemporary Resort 2 Mouse Ears Pirate Ears

naturebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #13
slfam
Stopping to get photos of floral Mickey

Scraplift

I struggled and struggled with this layout and no matter how many times I worked on it I never liked the outcome. So... I tried again. Better. But maybe I will have another go at it one day.

[IMG][/IMG]

Newest Version:

Last edited by slfam; 04-21-2019 at 06:27 PM.

slfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:06 AM   #14
Got2Scrap
Exploring Adventureland

Fun Challenge. Thank you for hosting and the wonderful template from Natalie's Place.

I am going to scraplift this layout. It was from a speed scrap.

I added another picture. I added staples (in the past, I had avoided putting staples on layouts not sure why but recently I started using them). I mixed the title between fonts, alpha and word art, historically, I either do font or alpha but hardly combine them. I added fasteners by the buttons to hold the paper stacking down.

Also posted in forum: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...341#post177341

Last edited by Got2Scrap; 04-23-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Got2Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:40 AM   #15
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeInOz View Post
I wanted to scrap an old layout, so I chose one of my VERY early ones. Right when I started digital scrapping. I had used the limited templates from Studio J (is that still a thing?) and ZERO embellishment. Just some plain digital papers.

I still use elements sparingly and love jamming in a ton of photos, but they are no longer non-existent! Plus, titles are much more fun now with interesting alphas and fonts...

Now to work on journalling more...

oh my goodness! I used Studio J!!! That's how I started digital scrapping too (I was a rep so I could get my pages really cheap!). I was only disappointed later that I didn't have digital copies of all the pages because in the beginning they didn't offer digital of every one of them when you bought them - just sent you the print out. It's not a thing any more, unfortunately. It's where I bought my pages even when I didn't use them to design. great quality!

Thanks for playing!
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:29 PM   #16
ratgirl24
Feeling like a kid again on Tom Sawyer Island

Software: Photoshop Elements 2019
Camera: Nikon D3200, Nikon Coolpix S8100 and iPhone
I am going to scraplift an old layout that I did a few years ago. I love this template and want to do a similar layout for a more recent trip with the large picture across the top as this was our first trip to Disneyland.

Also posted in Theme Parks > Disneyland > Main Entrance / Main Street (DL) > Main Street - General
Transfer an existing reservation Contemporary Resort 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 2 I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Star Tours Cutester Bee Ursula Cheshire Cat Cupcake Epcot logo WDW logo Monorail I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! A Ticket Cutester Minnie Pigglet 2 Jungle Cruise Olaf Pirate Dog Jiminy Cricket Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

Last edited by ratgirl24; 04-20-2019 at 03:26 PM.

ratgirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:48 PM   #17
kolohigirl
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: Adobe
Scraplift

I liked the idea of going back to your old pages and scraplift one of them. This one was from the first Marathon I participated in.

The reason I picked this one is:
1. It was kind of bland.
2. I wanted to add some clustering and interest that would make it fun, but wouldn't detract from the photos (I like these to be the star of my pages)

This is the revised page.

I like how it turned out. I started with a simple cluster and then kept adding elements. I like what it looks like.

kolohigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:12 PM   #18
Disneysheryl65
Taking the bus to Downtown Disney

Software: SBC4/Artisan
Camera: Cannon Power Shot XS20IS
I chose this layout. It was one of my first challenges in 2013 and I was very new to the world of digi-scrapping. I mixed lots of kits and feel like my embellishments are a little over the top (all 4 corners with fireworks.)

In my scraplift, I used one kit to do the whole page and tired to use restraint with the embellishments.

Also here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...288#post177288

Thanks for the fun challenge and thanks to Natalie for the beautiful template!

Disneysheryl65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #19
RMSTigger
Terrified on Tower of Terror

Software: PSE 12, Lightroom 3
Camera: Nikon
Thanks for hosting such a fun challenge!

Here is my OG page I scrapped about 10 years ago. Way before I knew anything about shadowing and weaving elements and how to even clip to a template.

This is my lift of my page. I stuck to 3 photos but added all the things I did not know about before.

Posted everything within the Donald thread.

RMSTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:05 PM   #20
Murmer
Getting some photos of the Tree of Life

I also decided to do my very first layout...I had no idea how to cluster or resize or even really use shadows or templates.
Here is the original

and here is my improved scraplift

Also posted HERE
Ive met another MouseScrapper Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

Murmer is offline   Reply With Quote