MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Tutorials
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Disney Baby

Software: Storybook Creator Plus 3.0 and 4.0
Camera: Sony Alpha 33
How to "Glitterize" an Element

Hello! This is for SBC+ users but I kept the title generic just in case any other program users want to post how it is done in the program that they use.

I pulled this off chattycathie's blog

http://www.bobcatshaven.blogspot.com/

Add the item to be "glitterized" to your project. While clicked on the item, click on the "Format" tab. Next, click on "Surfaces". Choose the very first surface option, "Block". Slide the "Amplification" selector all the way to the right, to number 10. Click "Accept".

Repeat the above process again. In most cases, this will yield you a bling-ish enough glitter finish. If you would like more, do it again.

The alternative is to use glitter paper and fill your element with it.

I hope this helps!!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for exceptional help with challenges Jennifer! Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s glove Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Teacups Minnie Bride Skyway It\'s a Small World Earful Tower Mickey Pumpkin Carousel horse Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Pop Century

Disney Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
stormer
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: SBC+ 3.0
I have always wondered how to do this. Thanks for sharing!
Disney Vacation Club Member Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears United States of America Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Star Tours Rocket Jets Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Contemporary Resort 1 Monorail Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Ears Boardwalk 1 Earful Tower Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Cutester Minnie Gingerbread Darth Vader

stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
ILuvCrush
Having dinner at Ohana

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Sony Alpha-550 DSLR
Thanks Jennifer!!

I usually fill with glitter paper.... but sometimesit doesn't end up exactly how I want. It's nice to learn another way to do it!!
Disney Vacation Club Member United States of America Mouse Ears Monorail Eiffel Tower Mickeys shoe I link to MouseScrappers! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 2 Magical Express Star Tours Expedition Everest Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow D23 Member Captain EO Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Flag Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Turkey Christmas Tree Cheshire Cat 1 Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Paula! France Italy United Kingdom Morocco Canada Germany

ILuvCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:04 AM   #4
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
OOh - this is so cool! Thanks!

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
AmyR0618
Heading to John Wayne airport… I'm going to Disney World!

Software: ADobe Photoshop Elements
Camera: Canon EOS 40D, Canon Powershot
Anyone have instructions for Photoshop Elements? I am going nuts over here!

Thanks!
I link to MouseScrappers!

AmyR0618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
tukogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyR0618 View Post
Anyone have instructions for Photoshop Elements? I am going nuts over here!

Thanks!
I agree! Is there anyone out there can explain how to glitterize in photoshop? We will give ya

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #7
Jenn1
Watching the kids play in a bug's land

Software: My memories suite and PSE9
Camera: Canon t2i
Smile

O.k. couldn't sleep i found this on About.com re:Free downloads for PSE to change layer styles? Hope this works. It had metallic, glitter, and many more.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pho...m-Shelby-Kate/

I also found a free download to make those picture shape collages. Thought that was cool too!

http://www.shapecollage.com/?gclid=C...FQkSbAodvjDGaA

Me (39), DH (45), DD (11), and DS (6)
Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Pirate Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Rocket Jets Teacups Mickey Pumpkin Star Tours

Jenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
AmandaRockwell
Just parked the car

Software: PS
Camera: canon
Do any of you have artrage? It's a really great program that's inexpensive and you can create wonderful glitter in there!

In PS you can just drag the glitter paper into your program, pull it on top of the layer you want to add glitter and then right click and 'create clipping mask' and it will make that shape look like glitter.

Clear as mud?

AmandaRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #9
Jenn1
Watching the kids play in a bug's land

Software: My memories suite and PSE9
Camera: Canon t2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRockwell View Post
Do any of you have artrage? It's a really great program that's inexpensive and you can create wonderful glitter in there!

In PS you can just drag the glitter paper into your program, pull it on top of the layer you want to add glitter and then right click and 'create clipping mask' and it will make that shape look like glitter.

Clear as mud?
Does it work for PSE? I tried the site that I mentioned and they don't work for PSE.

Where can you buy it?

Me (39), DH (45), DD (11), and DS (6)
Magical Express I love DCL! United States of America Pirate Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Rocket Jets Teacups Mickey Pumpkin Star Tours

Jenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
AmandaRockwell
Just parked the car

Software: PS
Camera: canon
www.artrage.com

It's a stand alone program. The simple version is around $20 I believe(bought mine years ago) and you can create a sheet of glitter in it. You'd pick the glitter tool and make lines across the paper, over and over again. Then you'd save it, pull it into PS/PSE and put it over the shape you want to use.

AmandaRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote