MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Tutorials
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
MelissaD
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: Photoshop CS3
Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaD
Tutorial - How to weave string through alpha

Carol asked if I would mind putting together a tutorial on weaving stings through alphas. An example of this can be found in my page "Tomorrowland Speedway".

I was thrilled she asked, and I hope that this tutorial is easy to understand. I am going to offer it to you as a download, as well as post the images here. The kit I am using is my "Super Stuntman" kit. The program I am using is Photoshop CS3, but you should be able to alter it to fit your program.

To download this tutorial, click here: Weaving Tutorial

This technique can be used with more than just weaving a string or ribbon through an alpha. You can weave then through frames and other elements as well. Get creative!

If you have any questions, feel free to post them and I will do my best to answer. As with just about everything in Photoshop, there are many ways to do this, and this is just to show you how I personally do this technique. I hope it helps!
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Rocket Jets Contemporary Resort 1

Last edited by MelissaD; 05-06-2010 at 09:28 AM.

MelissaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Melissa, this is awesome!

Your instructions are so clear and easy to understand – the screen shots totally help. I don’t have the same program you do (I have PSE), but I have a lot of the same tools. I am definitely going to try this out. Thanks so much for writing this out!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Last edited by Carolc; 05-07-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
hobbes130
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

Software: Photoshop CS5
Great explanation thank you Melissa. I had figured out how to make things look as if they are weaving around objects but I had not figured out the way to shadow so now I can give this a try

In fact I had no idea what the burn tool was for - self taught on photoshop and there are so many tools I don't use.

I learnt how to do vignettes yesterday for a challenge on scrapmatters and I love that technique as well. Perhaps we should have a regular tutorial feature on here
United Kingdom Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Emma! Disney Vacation Club Member I link to MouseScrappers! Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Eiffel Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Speed Scrapper! Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Christmas Tree I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers!

hobbes130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
Carolc
Administrator

I'd love to have more tutorials on here! If anyone knows a special skill that they wouldn't mind sharing, we'd love to get a 'how to' on it. Does anyone have any 'how do you...?' questions? Maybe someone can help.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 05-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
hobbes130
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

Software: Photoshop CS5
I'd love to see one on recolouring parts of the photo I am sure that the way I do is the most long winded way possible

I also really struggle with getting good extractions from photos I can do it but only really if they are going to be blended into a background or something similar they are never good enough to be a stand alone element in a layout.
United Kingdom Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Emma! Disney Vacation Club Member I link to MouseScrappers! Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Eiffel Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Speed Scrapper! Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Christmas Tree I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers!

hobbes130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
Carolc
Administrator

Those are both great ideas! I totally struggle with the recoloring tool. Every time I try to use it, it seems to just come out gray.

Is there anyone out there that could help us learn how to do these things?

Studio1955

Old 05-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
Disney Baby

Software: Storybook Creator Plus 3.0 and 4.0
Camera: Sony Alpha 33
Weaving Tutorial in SBC 3.0

Carol asked me to put this together for SBC 3.0. Melissa did such a great job with hers for Photoshop CS3! There are many ways to do this but this is the method that works best for me. Sorry about the screen shots - I had a tough time getting them big enough to read. I will try to make them bigger tomorrow and edit the post but it is almost 1 am on the east coast

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for exceptional help with challenges Jennifer! Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s glove Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Teacups Minnie Bride Skyway It\'s a Small World Earful Tower Mickey Pumpkin Carousel horse Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Pop Century

Last edited by Disney Baby; 05-07-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Disney Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #8
Carolc
Administrator

Thanks so much for describing this process for SBC users, Jennifer!

You are both so kind, thank you for doing this for our fellow MouseScrappers!

Studio1955

Old 05-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
stormer
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: SBC+ 3.0
Thanks for the SBC info Jennifer. It is so great to learn how to do fun things. I only know the basics and always wonder how you guys do these creative things that I see on your pages!
Disney Vacation Club Member Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears United States of America Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Star Tours Rocket Jets Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Contemporary Resort 1 Monorail Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Ears Boardwalk 1 Earful Tower Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Cutester Minnie Gingerbread Darth Vader

stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:56 AM   #10
sullyntink
In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room

Software: SBC - Creative Memories
Camera: Nikon D5000
Thank you Jennifer, I agree with Stormer, it is wonderful to learn new things you made this sound easy and not overwelming to those of us new to the program. I can't wait to try it out.

Nancy

sullyntink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tutorial