MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Design Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
frogfish
Taking the Monorail to EPCOT

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Lumix
Design Challenge #7 - October 2012 - DISCUSSION & QUESTIONS

Here is where you can discuss and ask questions about DC7 (October's villian themed challenge). If you missed the post about the challenge, it is posted here.* This is what it says:

Quote:
I know it is a bit early to be talking about the next design challenge but since it is going to be different from anything we've done before, I want to give you a head start.

The October design challenge is a theme challenge.* And the theme is Disney Villains!

So, here's how it's going to work...each participant will choose a villain and make a mini kit based on him/her (and side kicks if desired).* Note: this is not about the heroes/heroines, it should be 100% evil! If you would rather, you may choose to do a general "evil" kit although my hope is that most people will choose a specific villian.* With all of the talent I've seen coming out of these Design Challenges, this is sure to be a go-to villain kit for any Disney fan!

The villains will be assigned on a first come, first served basis starting on Saturday, September 22 at 9am CST.* You may only sign up by posting in this thread (not by pm).* This thread will remain locked until that time so everyone has the same opportunity to get their villain of choice (I really tried to choose a time that would be convenient across time zones of at least our regulars).* Mark your calendars!

In the meantime, I would suggest that you think about several villians you would like to work with in the instance that someone signs up for your first choice before you do.

I know it's not fair, but I am claiming my villain now so I can concentrate on getting your DC6 submissions compiled and ready for release.* I am going to do Prince John from Robin Hood and may do a little with Sir Hiss and the Sheriff of Notingham.* I tried to pick a more obscure villain so you guys can fight over the more popular ones

I have compiled a list of Disney Villains (at the bottom of this post) to give you something to think about. I tried to put the more popular ones (the ones you are more likely to see at the parks) at the top. You are not limited to villains listed here; if you know of another one, claim him/her!

Cruella
Captain Hook/Mr. Smee
Lady Tremaine/stepsisters
Maleficent (person and dragon)
Wicked Queen/hag (Snow White)
Queen of Hearts/Cheshire Cat
Jafar/Iago
Zurg
Gaston
Ursula/Flotsam/Jetsum
Gov. Ratcliffe
Clayton (Tarzan)