MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
teethdr
Stopping to get photos of Spaceship Earth

Software: Creative Memories
Camera: Sony
Weekly Challenge #262, Dec 10 - 18

It came to me "once upon a Dream"....."A few of my Favorite things" is the title of my Weekly Challenge! After taking a long hiatus from scrapbooking, I needed something to help motivate me get some long over due pages done.

So, here are a few of "my favorite things" and your Challenge! Please include these in your LO. I always love to hear the story behind people's LO, so if you would please explain your favorites! (hint: this could be included in your journaling!)

1) FAMILY: Since it is Christmas and a time to celebrate family, I want you to have pictures that showcase your "family". Now, we all know that "family" is not always our "blood relatives"! Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, we all celebrate our families!

2) PURPLE: This is my favorite color. Please include your favorite color and make it POP!

3) MICKEY MOUSE: Let's face it, we ALL love Mickey! So I want to see at least one "hidden" Mickey on your page!

4) PIXIE DUST: To me, pixie dust is Magic.... I want to see some magic in your LO. What is your Magic?

5) THREE: my favorite number. 3 pictures, 3 different papers

6) MUSIC: I love to sing, whistle, and hum. When I'm not talking, I'm doing one of these things! Include somewhere on your page a reference to a Disney song; this could be in the title, journaling, embellishment; be creative!

Since my hubby was out of town this week, I have been "solo-parenting" and have not had the time to do my LO! (my hats off to all you single parents!) Since he has returned tonight, I am hoping that I can get it done tonight and posted. Will also have the prize posted hopefully by tomorrow night. Since I am late with my LO, I will allow a couple of extra days to get your LO done as well!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's posts! And as always, please post your LO in the gallery and a link for your post in the appropriate forum. Also, please leave some "love" for the others, we all love to get praise for our work!

Happy scrapbooking!

Smiles!
Stacy

update: Although I posted again on this thread, I will repost here: due to problems, I am having to re-do my PP. I am working on it. But I did ask Michelle Bagely from Mad for the Mouse (http://madforthemouse.blogspot.com) if she could donate a PP at the last minute. She is AWESOME! And to make it even better, her PP has to do with my FAVORITE RIDE!! The Tower of Terror! I think it was meant to be. Here is the PP she donated:

[IMG][/IMG]

Please be sure to thank her for her PP! Be sure to check out her blog and her kits...I LOVE her work, especially her Mouse Bucks!

I am attempting to recreate my PP, which is an alphabet based on a Maleficent font (Maleficent is my favorite Villian). Will hopefully have a preview up for it by the end of this weekend as well as my LO that I am having to recreate.

Looking forward to seeing your posts!

Smiles!
Stacy

I hope I never have to attempt to "re-create" a previous LO...not an easy task! And I do have to say that this is not very close to my first ones, but I will have to deal with it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

also posted here:http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...251#post151251

does any one know the Movie the journaling is from???

As it took me some time to get it all recreated...I will give you until Friday, Dec 19.

Thanks for being patient!

Smiles!

Stacy

Signature using NPD "Jolly Holiday" Kit

Cheshire Cat 1 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat

Last edited by teethdr; 12-14-2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: updating

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #2
tukogirl

Fun! Going to put my thinking cap on and get to work!

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

Old 12-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #3
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
yay! going to think and try to whip something up in the next day or two
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

Old 12-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #4
tukogirl

Here's mine! This was a very fun challenge!

1) FAMILY - me and hubby
2) Red
3) MICKEY MOUSE - lots of those!
4) PIXIE DUST: To me, pixie dust is Magic.... title and theme
5) THREE: my favorite number. 3 pictures, 3 different papers - got it!
6) a reference to a Disney song; this could be in the title, journaling, embellishment; be creative! - The two stars on the banner represent
"second star to the right and straight on till morning" from Peter Pan

also here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...214#post151214

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

Old 12-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #5
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
awesome instructions!
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

Old 12-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #6
mom3sons
Just parked the car

Are these layout in this site mostly digital?

Old 12-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #7
teethdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sons View Post
Are these layout in this site mostly digital?
Most of them are, but they don't have to be!! I have seen people post pictures of their traditional pages and upload them to the gallery. I would love to see your LO---whether traditional or digital!

Smiles!

Stacy

Cheshire Cat 1 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat

Old 12-12-2014, 06:36 PM   #8
teethdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukogirl View Post
Here's mine! This was a very fun challenge!

1) FAMILY - me and hubby
2) Red
3) MICKEY MOUSE - lots of those!
4) PIXIE DUST: To me, pixie dust is Magic.... title and theme
5) THREE: my favorite number. 3 pictures, 3 different papers - got it!
6) a reference to a Disney song; this could be in the title, journaling, embellishment; be creative! - The two stars on the banner represent
"second star to the right and straight on till morning" from Peter Pan

also here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...214#post151214

AWESOME page! I love how you explained your LO!! Thank you for playing!

Old 12-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #9
teethdr

Mama told me there'd be days like this...

Okay...I really don't like technology some days. One of hard drives went toast.... attempting to retrieve information, but don't know if I will be able to get my alphabet that I created back, so I am working on re-creating it. I have asked someone else if they would be able to donate a PP, so I will hopefully know in the next day or two. I will make note of all participants and will send my alphabet PP when it is done; so you will get 2 PP for this challenge! Luckily, I think I remember how I created it and it doesn't take too long to duplicate and edit.

I am also having to recreate my LO...so please be patient with me.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #10
Tawna 2319
Taking a relaxing cruise on the Mark Twain

Epcot Front Entrance

Thanks for the fun challenge! I needed some motivation to scrap some more. And Michelle thanks for the awesome pp!

My favorite color is also purple. And "One Little Spark" is represented by the lightbulb/firworks.

Closed Thread