MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Speed Scraps > Previous Marathons > 2016 SPEED SCRAP MARATHON
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 03-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #31
DianeInOz
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: adobe elements 13
Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XSi
How long do you usually have to finish a page? I was just asked to help with something on Saturday and it looks like I am going to be out for several hours, even though I had no plans!!!

DianeInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #32
sthompsonfoto
Going thru the EPCOT turnstiles

YEAR 3 for me, I think, maybe year 4, I'm not sure, I just know I get LOTS of pages done for the Marathon and have tons of fun and laughs in the chat rooms! Unfortunately I will miss most of the chats and am hoping for extra time to get the pages done so I can finish it. I have homeschool convention on Friday and Saturday ( again this year, last year I had 3 hours in the car on the way home with someone else driving and knocked out 2 days worth in 3 hours!! You talk about SPEED Scrapping!!) and my kids will just be back from spending 2 weeks with my Brother so... I could pretend like I am sick on Sunday and just stay held up in my bedroom with a computer to scrap or see my kids that I haven't seen in 2 weeks????? decisions, decisions!!

sthompsonfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #33
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeInOz View Post
How long do you usually have to finish a page? I was just asked to help with something on Saturday and it looks like I am going to be out for several hours, even though I had no plans!!!
Each host establishes her own time to complete. I will tell you that when I host I try to take into account people who are overseas and might be sleeping when my chat is going on. So, considering my chat is afternoon, which is evening/night in Europe - I will most likely give a nice timeframe to complete in. But each host is different. I would say my gut tells me that the average is 3-4 hours. - but do NOT quote me on that. LOL
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:26 PM   #34
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthompsonfoto View Post
YEAR 3 for me, I think, maybe year 4, I'm not sure, I just know I get LOTS of pages done for the Marathon and have tons of fun and laughs in the chat rooms! Unfortunately I will miss most of the chats and am hoping for extra time to get the pages done so I can finish it. I have homeschool convention on Friday and Saturday ( again this year, last year I had 3 hours in the car on the way home with someone else driving and knocked out 2 days worth in 3 hours!! You talk about SPEED Scrapping!!) and my kids will just be back from spending 2 weeks with my Brother so... I could pretend like I am sick on Sunday and just stay held up in my bedroom with a computer to scrap or see my kids that I haven't seen in 2 weeks????? decisions, decisions!!
LOL. that is a bit difficult if you've not seen them in a couple weeks! The new chat room has a phone app, in case you have downtime you can log in and say hello
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

Old 03-29-2016, 04:38 PM   #35
meagan43
Enjoying an Illuminations dessert party

Software: Creative Memories Storybook Creator
Camera: Nikon D3000, Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS, whatever else I can find to use :)
I did my first Marathon in January 2012. It is my absolute favorite event of the year! I just love getting so many layouts done in a single weekend. They really push me not only to complete pages, but also to try something different. This year, I am pushing myself a new way by hosting for the first time. . . . Go easy on me. Mine will be Sunday morning. I will probably give 5 or 6 hours since I will have my own obligations - My daughter is in tech week for her Winnie the Pooh show that she will be in next week. Rehearsal every day this week starting Friday, of course!

I am proud to have finished the whole Marathon each year (not every individual SS, but getting them all done by the Monday due time).
Can't wait for the fun!

my blog:
http://meaganshowto.blogspot.com/
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

meagan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:52 PM   #36
scrapperella
Just parked the car

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon Mark III
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1112 View Post
welcome! will you be doing digital or traditional?

Don't be intimidated. I would suggest you practice uploading your photos though. My very first posted layout was Jan 27, 2012 and it was for a speed scrap. It took me a bit to figure out how to post (it was literally my first EVER posted layout online. LOL). I almost missed the deadline because of it!

Once you have the hangout of uploading the layouts, then make sure you're familiar with the forums that are theme specific so you can also post your layout there (for example, a page about meeting Anna & Elsa would be uploaded in gallery but also posted here.

Have fun and if you need anything over the weekend, please feel free to reach out to me!
I plan on doing digital since time is not on my side at the moment.

scrapperella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:51 PM   #37
luv2scrapmm
E Ticket Holder

Software: Craft Artist
Camera: Canon Powershot SX10IS & learning to use my new Nikon D3100
So sad I am going to miss this year as we will be out of town. Have fun everyone!
Pirate Ears Speed Scrapper! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Haunted Mansion Sorcerers Hat Panda Beast Redfan R2-D2 Boo Toy Story Alien Gingerbread Italy Pigglet 1 Great Britain Morocco Big Eyes Goofy Mickey Bar Pooh Big Eyes Mike Wazowski Norway Cutester Minnie Kermit 1 France Test Track Pumpkin Mickey Germany

luv2scrapmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #38
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagan43 View Post
I did my first Marathon in January 2012. It is my absolute favorite event of the year! I just love getting so many layouts done in a single weekend. They really push me not only to complete pages, but also to try something different. This year, I am pushing myself a new way by hosting for the first time. . . . Go easy on me. Mine will be Sunday morning. I will probably give 5 or 6 hours since I will have my own obligations - My daughter is in tech week for her Winnie the Pooh show that she will be in next week. Rehearsal every day this week starting Friday, of course!

I am proud to have finished the whole Marathon each year (not every individual SS, but getting them all done by the Monday due time).
Can't wait for the fun!
we did our first marathon together then! You'll do great hosting! Not sure I'll be in that chat, but if we go to late service I might be

Old 03-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #39
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2scrapmm View Post
So sad I am going to miss this year as we will be out of town. Have fun everyone!
boo. sorry to hear it! I hope you have a good time where you are though!

Old 03-29-2016, 09:24 PM   #40
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
I'm hosting the latest one on Saturday night, so I'm probably not king to have the deadline until the next morning. it's my first SS hosting in years, I'm excited

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote