MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Resorts > Hotels in the Disneyland area
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
pennylayne
Watching fireworks burst over Sleeping Beauty's Castle

Software: PSE , project life app
Camera: Ipod touch 6s
Thumbs up Best Western Meridian Inn and Suites

My husband and I LOVE silence. I know this may seem like an oxymoron since we have three kids under 8, but when bed time comes, we like our peace. So we decided we wanted to stay close by, but off the "strip". We choose Best western Meridian Inn and suites, for several reasons.

1-it was the best value for the money ( a king suite that sleeps 5 for $89/night)
2- it boasted a FREE hot continental breakfast ,
3- We were able to get a king suite which had a bedroom and living room and a kitchenette,
4- there was a shuttle to disneyland,
5- there was a heated pool, and
6- it was 15 minutes from the airport.

We were not disappointed at all! Our room was spacious and clean. well furnished and comfortable. The bedroom has double doors which separated it from the living room. this was really great at night when we wanted to kids to go to sleep, and we stayed up a bit later (the privacy was nice too). There was a very nice mini crib brought to our room which fit next to the pull out couch bed the older two slept on. the water pressure was awesome!! as a mom who cloth diapers, I can tell you that I was able to wash those dirty diapers with the force of a thousand suns lol. The pool was like warm bath water, and extra pool towels were available. they staggered the guests throughout the hotel so that there was no one above us, or on either side of us.

In the morning, I went over to the lounge to get breakfast, thinking it was going to be day old pastry and hot coffee type thing. NO WAY!! This was a real hot breakfast made right there in the kitchen. Hot fresh scrambled eggs (with and without cheese) hot sausage, and a very nice Older gentleman, dressed in a vest with a watch chain (so cute) stood by to hand make fresh waffles!! 2 kinds of hot syrup were on hand as well. of course there were fruit, cereal, 2 kinds of milk, juice, tea (hot and cold) coffee and pastry, as well as fresh bread and toasters to get it your way. It was awesome. this was all free, and there was tip jar for the gentleman, and we did tip every time we ate there because it was soooo worth it.

The shuttle was kind of a let down though. it is not run by best western, and while the cost was good ($4/Adults/day kids free), it literally took us 40 minutes to go two miles in the morning with all the round about stops it had to make. we only used it one day, and then used the Disney parking the next day.

we stayed 2days 3 nights during the week. we enjoyed it so much, that we checked out of our next hotel a day early, and went back there for the last night of our trip so we would be close to the airport and the kids could have breakfast in the morning.

We only had one problem. I probably would have never noticed if we didn't have a baby crawling around. Within 10-15 minutes of being there, my baby's feet and hands were black black black. I took him right up to the front desk and complained, they apologized and offered us a new room, I declined, only because it had been a long day and I didn't want to move our stuff again. They promised to have the floors cleaned while we were out, and they did. the next night the floor was much much cleaner.

I highly recommend this place. I know it's not right there, but that's part of it's appeal. It's quiet, cozy and affordable.
United States of America Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Star Tours Captain EO Carousel horse Boardwalk 1

pennylayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Thanks so much for your review! It's always good to hear about hotels in the Disneyland area, since a number of people ask about it.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote