MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Speed Scraps
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
britt
E Ticket Holder

*****> Here for Speed Scrap #129 <*****

I'm here! I'm here!! And it's time to start my Speed Scrap. I'll be posting all my instructions here in this post! Here we go . . .

As usual at MouseScrappers your layout needs to be Disney-related (or surrounding area parks) you need to follow the instructions below & post your completed LO's in this thread , and in the appropriate sub-topic forum. Make sure you post the sub-forum link here too.

Instructions:

1) It's time to scrap CHARACTER photos!! Pick as many or as few photos as you want, but they should include a character meet & greet moment.

2) We're going to use a LOT of papers. You need to figure out a way to use at least 6 papers, if not more! It don't care if they are patterned or solids, as long as there are at least 6. And no, using the same paper more than once doesn't count. I want to see 6+ DIFFERENT papers. (I used 8, can you beat that?)

3) I want to see something "living" on your page. That can be a flower, leaves, animals. As long as your element represents a living thing.

4) FLAGS! Yep, I want to see some of those cute buntings, flags, banners, whatever you wanna call them. They don't have to be the "strung on a string" kind. Even just the single swallowtail flag type item is fine. Don't own a kit with one? You can make an easy one by stapling triangle paper cut outs together.

5) Shrinkage. Not the Seinfeld kind. Take an item and shrink it down MUCH much smaller than it originally comes. Duplicate this element and use it on your page at least 3 times.

6) I love journaling on my layouts. I seldom scrap a page without saying a few words. So make sure to include at least 3 sentences of journaling. And put it on a journaling card, mat, or other type paper.

7) Since your page is all about a character meet & greet moment, be sure to include the character's name in your title. And use a big fat chunky alpha to create your title.

There you have it. All 7 steps. Hopefully its a good balance between challenging and fun.

Upload your LO to the Speed Scrap #129 Gallery before . . . well before I wake up and check the layouts tomorrow morning. (seems like everyone is allowing for extra time, so I'm jumping on the band wagon) All layouts in the SS gallery, the appropriate sub-topic forum, and in this thread by the morning will get my PRIZE!

Also, please try and leave comments for your fellow Speed Scrappers. I know during the marathon it's difficult to take time out to leave comments, but that's half the fun of a Speed Scrap is getting all the comments on your masterpiece. So try your best to leave lots of comments.

Here is my LO:

Also posted here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...003#post125003

Thanks and I hope you had fun and your layouts turn out amazing!

my blog my gallery
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for bringing in so many new members Britt! I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Mouse Ears Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1 Big Eyes Minnie Stormtrooper Boo USA Ive met another MouseScrapper

Last edited by britt; 01-18-2013 at 05:00 PM.

britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
gfengel
Testing cars on Test Track

Software: CS 5.5
Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Yeah!! I can't get into the chat room so I'll be following here.
Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Contemporary Resort 1 Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 2 Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey Pumpkin Rocket Jets Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie Bride Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Sorcerer\'s Hat Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! France Captain EO Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Carousel horse It\'s a Small World Expedition Everest

gfengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
britt
E Ticket Holder

Gayle, sometime it takes me a few tries to get it working.

my blog my gallery
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for bringing in so many new members Britt! I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Mouse Ears Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1 Big Eyes Minnie Stormtrooper Boo USA Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 01-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
Yzerbear19
Watching the Jedi Training Academy

Software: PS 7.0 / PS CS2
Camera: Canon Rebel SL1 / Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Great first instruction. Have to finish making dinner before I can scrap!
Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pirate Ears Thanks for bringing in so many new people Melissa! Pirate Flag I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! It\'s a Small World Ive met another MouseScrapper

Yzerbear19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
gfengel
Testing cars on Test Track

Software: CS 5.5
Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
I'll try again...it seems Java is giving me problems.
Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Contemporary Resort 1 Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 2 Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey Pumpkin Rocket Jets Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie Bride Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Sorcerer\'s Hat Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! France Captain EO Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Carousel horse It\'s a Small World Expedition Everest

gfengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
britt
E Ticket Holder

2) We're going to use a LOT of papers. You need to figure out a way to use at least 6 papers, if not more! It don't care if they are patterned or solids, as long as there are at least 6. And no, using the same paper more than once doesn't count. I want to see 6+ DIFFERENT papers. (I used 8, can you beat that?)

my blog my gallery

Old 01-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
Amanda J.
Enjoying the whimsy of PhilharMagic

Software: PSE9
Camera: Nikon D50, & iPhone 4s
Oooh! Character pictures! I'm ready. I have some great ones with Mickey from our last trip.
Mouse Ears

Amanda J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
britt
E Ticket Holder

3) I want to see something "living" on your page. That can be a flower, leaves, animals. As long as your element represents a living thing.

my blog my gallery

Old 01-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
nadauh
Trekking along the Maharajah trail

Software: Photoshop CS4, PSP and Vizros plugin
Camera: Canon
Would you count a heart a living?

nadauh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #10
britt
E Ticket Holder

4) FLAGS! Yep, I want to see some of those cute buntings, flags, banners, whatever you wanna call them. They don't have to be the "strung on a string" kind. Even just the single swallowtail flag type item is fine. Don't own a kit with one? You can make an easy one by stapling triangle paper cut outs together.

my blog my gallery