MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Disney News and information
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
MelissaD
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: Photoshop CS3
Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaD
CustArtists

Have you seen these guys?! They are awesome! They do water art on the sidewalks throughout Disney World.

My mom and I were sitting with my girls today at Magic Kingdom waiting for my dad to ride the raceway with one of my boys. My husband and oldest son had taken off to ride Thunder Mtn. It was quite hot for this time of year (about 84) and the girls were antsy about having to wait around. All of a sudden, we spot a cast member named Dave and he is blowing bubbles. The girls had the best time popping the bubbles and running around since the crowds were pretty light. After about 15 minutes or so of poor Dave's lungs getting a workout, he told me he would be right back, he wanted to do something a little different. So, we waited, and sure enough he came up with his broom and some water. He asked the girls if they were fans of Tink, and naturally they said yes. Next thing we know, he draws Tink with water. The girls were completely mesmerized, and so was everyone that had been walking past. He asked Cassie if she wanted to help and he had her trace a swirl on one wing and create the swirl from scratch on the second, then had Elena add a little swirl to the bottom of the wings as well. As if that weren't enough, he also gave them both little certificates for helping. They had the best time, and he totally went above the call of duty there. He also mentioned that they have a facebook group that they just started, so be sure to look it up. Here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=201662612830

And here are a couple of pics from my tweets...not the best quality since they were from my phone, but you get the general idea.

http://twitpic.com/tn5ka
http://twitpic.com/tn5h7
http://twitpic.com/tpmwz (before my girls put their final touches)
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Rocket Jets Contemporary Resort 1

Last edited by MelissaD; 12-15-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: correcting link

MelissaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

How cool Melissa! I'm glad you got some photos! What a fun way to entertain and pass the time! I think it'd be fun to work on Disney...someday! You better scrap these!!! What a fun experience to remember!
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Aussiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
Yes, I did! They were so cool! Unfortunately I didn't get many photos because my kids wanted to move on to the next ride. But I did enjoy seeing them. They were amazing! And I didn't know what they were called - thanks to you, now I do.

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
MelissaD
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: Photoshop CS3
Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaD
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltyMom View Post
Yes, I did! They were so cool! Unfortunately I didn't get many photos because my kids wanted to move on to the next ride. But I did enjoy seeing them. They were amazing! And I didn't know what they were called - thanks to you, now I do.
LOL I wouldn't have either, but he was a chatty guy and mentioned that facebook page. I had him repeat their group name just to be sure I understood him correctly. LOL

There were a couple near the front of HS yesterday, too, and they had a bucket with smaller brooms for the kids and were letting them draw, so keep an eye out there as well!
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Rocket Jets Contemporary Resort 1

MelissaD is offline   Reply With Quote