MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > MouseScrappers - site news and thoughts
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 06-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #21
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
The idea for the name tags arose because I wanted a way of saying thank you to someone who acted as though she was a 'Cast Member', even though she wasn't a part of our small team - really being kind and helpful to others, and offering to help me. Likewise, all of the name tags have gone to people who have gone 'above and beyond' what our regular members do.

So to get one, you need to do something that makes MS a better place. If you were a 'Cast Member' of our site, what might you do? Some people have gone out of their way to welcome and help others (without me asking them to). Some have done a lot to help me run this site (taking some of the responsibility off me... I'm spread very thin!). They've suggested ideas to me, and with my approval have taken responsibility for implementing/managing these new activities/forums so I don't have to. Some have written tutorials. Some have brought in a significant number of new members. Some are just on the site a significant amount of time, posting a lot of layouts, leaving a lot of love for others, participating in challenges, etc.

If you want a name tag, think of a way to make MouseScrappers a better place. Some ideas:
- we could use some more scrapbooking tutorials;
- I'd like to see more Disney news (e.g. updates on park changes);
- I'd like to see more content in the photography forum since photos are so essential to our pages... ideas for improvement, how-to's, etc;
- Also, if you know somebody that can help get negotiated discounts for our members (like I did with Hojo), or if you know somebody that can help me get some advertisers to help me fund the site, that would help, too!

btw, If anyone wants to 'nominate' someone for a name tag, I'm all ears - I'm sure I haven't noticed everyone.

Thanks,
Carol

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2010, 12:04 AM   #22
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaH666 View Post
by the looks of the people that have them, i am guessing you just have to be super fabulous!! LOL, or ya know, contribute a lot to this site =)
Looks at name tag, Yay! I'm super fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
The idea for the name tags arose because I wanted a way of saying thank you to someone who acted as though she was a 'Cast Member', even though she wasn't a part of our small team - really being kind and helpful to others, and offering to help me. Likewise, all of the name tags have gone to people who have gone 'above and beyond' what our regular members do.
I love how it's like a Cast Member. Even cooler.

Quote:
btw, If anyone wants to 'nominate' someone for a name tag, I'm all ears - I'm sure I haven't noticed everyone.
Did you mean "all ears" as a pun, or am I just all Disney, all the time?

Quote:
If you want a name tag, think of a way to make MouseScrappers a better place. Some ideas:
Another idea is to maybe try to post as many of your old (and current!) layouts on the respective forum threads. The idea Carol first had for the site is for it to be a place where you can easily find inspiration for a specific Disney subject, and it would be great to have as many ideas on the threads as possible! I know it's hard, I've been slowly doing this for a while, lol, and now I'm also adding my paper layouts! But I think if even one person gets inspired by even one of those layouts, I'm happy.

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:20 AM   #23
TanyaH666
Fascinated by the World of Color

Software: CS5 and PSE8
Camera: Sony NEX-5R & QX-100
Quote:

So to get one, you need to do something that makes MS a better place. If you were a 'Cast Member' of our site, what might you do? Some people have gone out of their way to welcome and help others (without me asking them to). Some have done a lot to help me run this site (taking some of the responsibility off me... I'm spread very thin!). They've suggested ideas to me, and with my approval have taken responsibility for implementing/managing these new activities/forums so I don't have to. Some have written tutorials. Some have brought in a significant number of new members. Some are just on the site a significant amount of time, posting a lot of layouts, leaving a lot of love for others, participating in challenges, etc.

- we could use some more scrapbooking tutorials;
- I'd like to see more Disney news (e.g. updates on park changes);
- I'd like to see more content in the photography forum since photos are so essential to our pages... ideas for improvement, how-to's, etc;
- Also, if you know somebody that can help get negotiated discounts for our members (like I did with Hojo), or if you know somebody that can help me get some advertisers to help me fund the site, that would help, too!

Thanks,
Carol
thanks for the info Carol!! i just linked someone up to some tutorials that helped me when i first started digi-scrapping. then after that i was thinking that we should really have some basic tutorials of our own here on this site!! i even made a list, lol. hoping to have some up in the next week or so.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Jungle Cruise I link to MouseScrappers! Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Tanya! Speed Scrapper! Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Expedition Everest Magical Express Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pop Century Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Cutester Minnie Pumpkin King Kaa Ursula Pete Ive met another MouseScrapper Eiffel Tower

TanyaH666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #24
inkspots
Enjoying the whimsy of PhilharMagic

Software: PSCS5, PSE 5.0
Camera: Canon 40D
Can I make a Pin suggestion? I love that you have the country pins. Could we get one for Hong Kong too? (the Hong Kong flag, not China flag.) I first saw these as not only being nationalities, but also to show what parks one has been to.

inkspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #25
Carolc
Administrator

Hi Jamie,

The country flags I've posted so far were Disney pins from EPCOT. Have you seen any similar pins with the Hong Kong flag?

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 06-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #26
inkspots
Enjoying the whimsy of PhilharMagic

Software: PSCS5, PSE 5.0
Camera: Canon 40D
Not off hand. I'll keep my eyes open though.

inkspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #27
Sand
Watching the kids play in a bug's land

Software: PSE-8
Camera: Nikon D5000
Quote:
Okay, I guess I couldn't wait very long to reveal the pin I mentioned in my first post. This one is from Hong Kong Disneyland, and shows Mickey and Pluto flying through space in a Space Mountain rocket. I just can't get over how cute it is!

So I will give this pin to anyone that transfers an existing Disney reservation to me and allows me, as your Travel Agent, to take over the servicing of your reservation (I can help with room requests, online check in, documentation, arrange Magical Express, help with modifications to your reservation if needed, ADR's and call Disney on your behalf whenever you have a question). There are no costs associated with this. Note that you can only transfer a booking if you've booked through Disney directly, but haven't made a final payment yet. You can't do this if you've booked through an online travel site (Expedia, etc) or another Travel Agent.

I will also give this pin to anyone that books a cruise through me (Disney or not). I have been working towards ACC certification from CLIA (Cruise Line International Association) and have to book about 10 more cabins before the end of the year. The 25 cabin booking requirement is a little ambitious in this economy, and I'm not sure if I'll reach my goal or not, but I'm surely hoping to! Transfers or referrals would work here, too.

If neither of these apply to you, don't worry... I'm sure I will find another cute pin again soon, so stay tuned.

Thanks so much for listening and allowing me to describe my services for a moment.
UGH! I wish I would have known sooner!! I just paid off our DCL balance for our first cruise in October. As our girls get older, I know we will be booking more cruises. I can't wait to show our girls the world! Hubby and I were talking about cruise #2 destinations (highly optomistic for cruise #1) which we will probably book on-board. (I read you get the best rate booking on-baord). I would be glad to transfer the ressie to you Carol!!

The pins are too stinkin' cute!! What fun! I LOVE the mickey bar. I have to figure out a way I can earn that one. The "cast member" name pins are fantastic!!
Sandy

My Blog
Disney Vacation Club Member United States of America Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Magical Express Star Tours Carousel horse Rocket Jets I love DCL! I link to MouseScrappers! Canada United Kingdom France

Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:12 PM   #28
Carolc
Administrator

Thanks very much, Sandy... I certainly would appreciate the cruise bookings, especially (any cruise line). I'm sure you will have a wonderful time on the Disney cruise - you may be hooked! There was a super good deal here for the Disney Wonder when it comes over here to the west coast (kids sail for free!). But that deal disappeared fast (though yesterday I saw 8 balcony cabins open for Feb 6). I wish we would have been able to take advantage of it, but the kids would be in school.

Oh, to get the Mickey Bar, just host a challenge.

Studio1955

Old 07-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #29
Sand
Watching the kids play in a bug's land

Software: PSE-8
Camera: Nikon D5000
Thanks Carol. I thought one had to be a designer in order to host but I guess as long as a participation prize is available then hosting is available to everyone. Cool!

I knew I had DL Hong Kong images. I hope to visit all of the castles, someday. So, I have been saving things as I find them. Carol, I hope you will be able to one of these for a pin:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I have tons of clip art. Just let me know what activity the character needs to be doing or something more specific.

Sandy

My Blog
Disney Vacation Club Member United States of America Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Magical Express Star Tours Carousel horse Rocket Jets I love DCL! I link to MouseScrappers! Canada United Kingdom France

Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #30
Carolc
Administrator

I just added some more country pins - the remaining EPCOT countries plus Hong Kong and a few others: http://mousescrappers.com/forums/xpe...?go=shop&cat=6

Studio1955