MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
r0binb
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS5 & CS3
Camera: Sony Cybershot, Sony a55
Weekly Challenge #12 (12/2-12/8)

Walt Disney was born on December 5, 1901.

If he were alive today he’d be celebrating his 108th birthday this week. My original idea was to have you use a combination of 108 papers and elements on your layout, but that seemed a little excessive. So instead these are the rules:
  1. Use exactly 12 elements, 5 papers, and 1 photo (12/5/01)
  2. Add a quote from Walt Disney
  3. In addition to the quote from Walt, your layout must be Disney related in some other way too
  4. You have until midnight Disneyland time (PST) to post your layout for this challenge
HAVE FUN and HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALT!

Some of the many places to find Walt Disney quotes:
http://www.disneydreamer.com/walt/quotes.htm
http://www.disneydreamer.com/walt/quotes2.htm
http://www.mouseplanet.com/8161/In_Walts_Words
http://www.mouseplanet.com/8169/Walts_So_Funny
http://www.justdisney.com/walt_disney/quotes/

Be sure to post your layout here in this thread and in the appropriate themed thread to qualify for the participation prize.

Here's my layout.

CREDITS
papers: jack's track by Erica Zane
elements: jack's track by Erica Zane, motor mania by Britt-ish Designs, string theory by Britt-ish Designs, attached at the hip by Haynay Designs, a stone's throw by Haynay Designs
font: CK Cosmopolitan

-
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Speed Scrapper! Disney Vacation Club Member I love DCL! United States of America Magical Express Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Teacups Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Minnie Bride Captain EO Star Tours

Last edited by r0binb; 12-02-2009 at 10:08 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
gillscott
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

hmm.. the photo comes to mind but i'll have to think about the rest, i'll be back!
Minnie\'s Shoe United Kingdom Teacups Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Star Tours Carousel horse Pop Century Pirate Flag Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Eiffel Tower Cutester Bee Kermit 1 Cheshire Cat 1 Big Eyes Goofy Canada Cutester Minnie Herbie

Old 12-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0binb View Post
...My original idea was to have you use a combination of 108 papers and elements on your layout, but that seemed a little excessive.
Well, maybe just a little

Thanks so much for hosting! I love that everyone must include a little bit of Walt in this one.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 12-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
CCIntrigue
Stopping to get photos of floral Mickey

Software: Photoshop CS2
Camera: Nikon D7100, Nikkor 18-300mm zoom, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4
I have my quote and my photo ... but all those elements are giving me a fit!

Old 12-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
calliclaire
Stopping to get photos of floral Mickey

I agree...it is HARD to use 12 elements! But I will keep trying.....

Old 12-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
r0binb
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS5 & CS3
Camera: Sony Cybershot, Sony a55
Quote:
Originally Posted by calliclaire View Post
I agree...it is HARD to use 12 elements! But I will keep trying.....
That's why it's called a challenge. Just be glad my DH didn't influence the rules. He suggested adding one font & one alpha (for one man/one mouse) but I thought that was really too much to deal with.

And for clarification, it's a total of 12 elements not 12 different kinds of elements. So in my layout, I have staples in each corner of the photo and each count toward the total number of elements.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Speed Scrapper! Disney Vacation Club Member I love DCL! United States of America Magical Express Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Teacups Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Minnie Bride Captain EO Star Tours

Old 12-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #7
lynett_rock
Taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom

Software: SBC+
Camera: Olympus eVolt
Okay...I have twelve elements...and after I got started I wanted to add more than twelve (I counted each mickey brad as one element even though they were originally three brads, but I "welded" them to make each one one).

Credits:
happiest kit on earth –britt-ish designs (blue stitched mickey)
paper, ribbon, staple, mickey brads (made from one)—leave the world behind britt-ish designs
clip on ribbon—hang in there—britt-ish designs
Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Star Tours Rocket Jets Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express

Old 12-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #8
janette
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

Love the use of a quote. I need to try to get this one done.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #9
Hpgirl
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop Elements 10
Camera: Canon Rebel T3i
What a fun challenge! As soon as I found the quote I thought of the perfect picture - it might not scream Disney at first sight, but it was taken in Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland and basically fits our excitement at being in MK (plus there's a hidden Mickey in my sister's earrings). The twelve elements - 6 flowers, 2 ribbons, 2 stitches, 1 glitter, 1 sparkly gem (on the pink flower - it came separate!). Thanks for not doing 108 pieces - I think my photoshop would have rebelled

Credits: Brittish Designs - Mouse In the House (paper recolored), Fantasy, The Bright Side, Leave the World Behind; Sahlin Studio - Simply You, Innovation; Karen Lewis - Daydream Believer; Emily Giovanni - Glitter Splatters I (recolored); Artistic Leanings - All Together
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Teacups I link to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Carousel horse Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Contemporary Resort 2 Pirate Dog Captain EO United States of America Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Italy Monorail Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Toy Story Boo Pirate 2 Sorcerers Hat Italy Green bear Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 12-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
QueenV284
Buying my Disneyland park tickets

I am super excited about this challenge, now I just have to make time to get a page done!

Closed Thread