MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Speed Scraps
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 08-05-2020, 02:17 PM   #1
Disneysheryl65
Taking the bus to Downtown Disney

Software: SBC4/Artisan
Camera: Cannon Power Shot XS20IS
>>HERE FOR SPEED SCRAP #246 Friday, August 14, 2020 at 6pm PT/9pm ET

Hi everyone! I am so excited to announce Kellybell Designs 10th Anniversary Speed Scrap! I will be hosting and revealing the rules in the chat room and here in this thread. Please join us! (Find the Slack chat room by clicking the blue chat balloon in the upper right hand corner of this site!)

This is where all directions will be posted but I will also be chatting with whoever can join me on Slack. The easiest way to log in is to look at the very top right corner of MouseScrappers and you will see a brush and a facebook link...The one you are looking for is the blue chat bubble that says chat room. Click it and you will be directed to log in to the MouseScrappers chat area.

As a reminder - I will be posting instructions beginning at 9pm ET and will post one every 10 minutes until 10pm. For those of you outside the US, please play along when you can!

I will be here and in the chat around 8:50pm ET to get us started.

DIRECTIONS:
1. PICK ONE PHOTO. MAKE IT FAIRLY LARGE (I know - one photo is not usually my thing - mixing it up!)
2. TRIPLE MAT/BORDER THE PHOTO TO MAKE IT STAND OUT. USE PAPER, SCALLOP, STROKE, ETC.
3. USE AT LEAST 2 PAPERS FOR YOUR LAYOUT BACKGROUND
4. INCLUDE A BANNER (easy one!!)
5. MAKE A LARGE TITLE. THIS CAN BE WORD ART OR MAKE IT YOURSELF WITH ALPHA/FONTS, ETC.
6. USE 3 OR MORE RIBBONS OR PAPER STRIPS UNDER YOUR TITLE
7. INCLUDE AT LEAST 1 ROUND FLAIR (my favorite of all elements)

Please post your pages in the #246 SS area of the gallery. It's a sub-category under "Speed Scrap Challenges 200+" . Please also link them here and also post in the proper forum category here at MS. ****Leave some love for everyone while you are in the gallery!!!****

If you are new to MouseScrappers here are some links to help out:

Chat Room Issues: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...ight=chat+room
Trouble logging in to Gallery: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...ead.php?t=3740
Posting in the Gallery: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...ead.php?t=3732
Speed Scrap Tips (thank you Andrea for creating this!): http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...ighlight=slack
You have until midnight ET Saturday to post your layout. Participation prizes will be send on Sunday.

Thanks for playing! Here's my layout:

Also here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...833#post180833

Last edited by Disneysheryl65; 08-14-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Disneysheryl65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2020, 04:50 PM   #2
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Ooh fun! Praying I can play along! We are supposed to have some company that weekend, but hopefully I will be able to find time to scrap! Thank you so much for hosting, and Happy Anniversary Kellybell!!
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Aussiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:37 AM   #3
RMSTigger
Terrified on Tower of Terror

Software: PSE 12, Lightroom 3
Camera: Nikon
How fun! Cannot wait!

RMSTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:01 AM   #4
tkradtke
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

Software: PS CC
Camera: Canon 5D
Ooooohhhhh!!!! Can't wait!!

tkradtke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:40 AM   #5
pixleyyy
Staying the night in the Contemporary Resort

Software: PS CC
Camera: Nikon d7000
Daughter's boyfriend is coming to town so we're taking him to the beach for the first time. Hoping I'll still have time to join in though.
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Sorcerer\'s Hat Expedition Everest Carousel horse Cheshire Cat 1 It\'s a Small World Mouse Ears Teacups Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Star Tours Earful Tower Captain EO

pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:37 PM   #6
3BluEyedBabies
Watching Finding Nemo the Musical

Software: GIMP
Camera: Canon Power Shot SX260
It's been FOREVER since I've done a SS! This is gonna be fun!!

3BluEyedBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 06:05 AM   #7
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
How fun! I'll be there!!!

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:18 AM   #8
Kesali
Just parked the car

Could someone explain how a speed scrap works? I was hoping to find more details about this.

I was reading the hints,tips, how's to for speed scraps and it suggested I try signing into the chat room first. But when I click on the blue chat room button, while it takes me to Slack - Sign into MouseScrappers, it only allows me to sign in. Nothing to create an account. When I try my MouseScrappers e-mail address and password, it rejects it. Any ideas please on how to fix this?

Last edited by Kesali; 08-14-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Kesali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:48 PM   #9
Disneysheryl65
Taking the bus to Downtown Disney

Software: SBC4/Artisan
Camera: Cannon Power Shot XS20IS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesali View Post
Could someone explain how a speed scrap works? I was hoping to find more details about this.

I was reading the hints,tips, how's to for speed scraps and it suggested I try signing into the chat room first. But when I click on the blue chat room button, while it takes me to Slack - Sign into MouseScrappers, it only allows me to sign in. Nothing to create an account. When I try my MouseScrappers e-mail address and password, it rejects it. Any ideas please on how to fix this?
Hi Kesali!

The instructions will be given in the chat and the thread starting at 9pm EST. Every 15 minutes I will give an instruction for your page (7 total) and you will create your page as you go or you can do it after the chat. You will have until tomorrow to upload your layout. There are some instructions for posting that will also be included in the instructions. I will add those to my post at the top now so you can check them out. I don't think you need an account for slack - I think you just log in with your user name and no password. You may have to select guest - I can't remember. Try that and see. If not, let me know and I will try and trouble shoot for you.

Disneysheryl65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:55 PM   #10
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Just to clarify, Slack is a separate website and you do need a separate account. Moderators and I used to have to add everyone to our list of members, but now there is a much more convenient way to do it. Those who have chatted with us in the Slack chat room before already have an account. If you have not, please check the first post of this thread for a link. If it doesn't work, let me know.

http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16227

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote