MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > MouseScrappers - site news and thoughts
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Barbaraann
Learning about energy from Ellen and Bill

Software: Scrapbook Crafter, iScrapbook
Camera: Nikon Coolpix L26
Sayings under our name - Is there a list?

I just love the feature, where the short saying under a person's name changes as they accumulate posts.

The sayings are so cute and creative. As mine change, I wish that I had been writing them down.

I am going to start doing that from now on. Although, I have already missed writing down quite a few.
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Monorail United States of America Heart Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 1 Pop Century Sorcerer\'s Hat Carousel horse Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow

Barbaraann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
PrincessTiff
Having breakfast at Chef Mickey's

I love that too. I've wondered what it will say after I've "gone through" the 4 parks.
Pirate Ears Monorail United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat Earful Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Pirate Dog Cheshire Cat 1 Expedition Everest Pirate Flag Contemporary Resort 1 Heart

PrincessTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
I'm glad you like them. I didn't want to have just 'member' 'contributor', 'newbie' etc. I wanted it to be Disney related, but wanted it to have somewhat of a logical order, so I decided to do a 'tour' through the parks. I wanted to translate a number (post count) to something more tangible.. something that can be visualized - so you can kind of tell how active a person is by their location (well, aside from the obvious post count ).

The tour goes through the 4 theme parks of Disney World, ordered by date they opened to the public. Within each one, your tour takes you more or less in a clockwise direction through the park. There is no list anywhere. Currently, the max level is "E ticket holder" which you get when you get to 700 posts. But I've been debating about whether or not make additions to the list. For one thing, some people already have a lot of posts and will run out of places to go. Also, the tour is sorely missing Disneyland, which should be before WDW. I originally never intended to do more than one park. I used the common 'lands' that both DL and MK have (so there is no Liberty Square, New Orleans Square or Critter Country - there's actually no Toontown either). It also bothers me that EPCOT only has two locations (Future World and World Showcase). What do you think... should I add more? It would just take a while, which is why I've been putting it off. I could technically add the water parks, and all the international parks too - it's just too bad there isn't an easier way to manage the list.

Anyway if any of you suddenly get put back in a 'location' you used to be, you'll know why.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
buttner-jenkins
Admiring the nostalgic touches on Buena Vista Avenue

Software: GIMP
Camera: Canon EOS D40
Thanks Carol, I too was wondering how they related. You surely came up with something UNIQUE - and LOVE IT!

buttner-jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Barbaraann

Well I think it is wonderful feature, and I thank you Carol for the time and effort that you have put into this. I think it would be wonderful to see new sayings, like Jumping on a plane for California, and then doing a tour of Disneyland and DCA.

Of course, I understand how these things are labor intensive.

Thanks again for the response to my comment.

By the way, I checked the memberlist in reverse order of posts, and wrote down as many of the entries that were in there. There are quite a few.

Great idea by the way, and it makes one more reason why I think Mousescrappers is going to be seeing a lot of me.
Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Monorail United States of America Heart Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 1 Pop Century Sorcerer\'s Hat Carousel horse Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow

Old 07-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
Barbara Ann - you're blazing a trail through this site! It's so good to see you posting all of your paper layouts. They will be a good inspiration to all the other paper scrappers out there! Well, and to the digi-scrappers, too.

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #7
Barbaraann

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltyMom View Post
Barbara Ann - you're blazing a trail through this site! It's so good to see you posting all of your paper layouts. They will be a good inspiration to all the other paper scrappers out there! Well, and to the digi-scrappers, too.
I have a lot of finished Disney scrapbooks, and I have posted a lot of them in the gallery here. I actually make a lot of collages on a program called Collage Creator, and sometimes I use my Scrapbook Factory program. So some of my pages are actually a combination of a photograph enhanced on the computer, and then mounted the traditional way on scrapbook paper.

I don't think that I would ever go totally digital. I like the feel of the paper, and adding the embellishments and the lettering. Sometimes I tend to go a little overboard with all my hearts, and flowers. They seem to be favorites of mine.

I have gotten a bit behind in my family scrapping, but I don't like to fall too far behind in my Disney vacations, since I haven't been in a while.

Thanks for the kind words.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #8
TanyaH666
Fascinated by the World of Color

Software: CS5 and PSE8
Camera: Sony NEX-5R & QX-100
do it Carol!! we want ALL the parks and ALL the lands!!!! hehe
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Jungle Cruise I link to MouseScrappers! Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Tanya! Speed Scrapper! Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I got Maleficent as a dragon for referring people to MouseScrappers! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Expedition Everest Magical Express Pirate Dog Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pop Century Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Cutester Minnie Pumpkin King Kaa Ursula Pete Ive met another MouseScrapper Eiffel Tower

TanyaH666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:46 AM   #9
WDW Scrap Princess
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6~PSE10~SBC
Camera: Nikon D3300
Is it possible to see the list?
I noticed that feature and I Love it!!!
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts It\'s a Small World Carousel horse Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 1 Rocket Jets Monorail Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag I love DCL! Cheshire Cat 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Teresa! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Cutester Minnie Dale Bambi

WDW Scrap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
Sand
Watching the kids play in a bug's land

Software: PSE-8
Camera: Nikon D5000
The list would be fun to see!

Epcot, instead of just Future World and World Showcase, the pavillions in Future World and the countries can be listed. One can go in clockwise direction since it is basically a figure 8. Just a suggestion.

I guess when someone hits a milestone then they can be at a special event like the dessert party, Fantasmic or running thru the park with a special fast pass. My favorite would be a night in Cinderella's Castle!

My Blog
Disney Vacation Club Member United States of America Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Magical Express Star Tours Carousel horse Rocket Jets I love DCL! I link to MouseScrappers! Canada United Kingdom France

Sand is offline   Reply With Quote