MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > MouseScrappers - site news and thoughts > 10th Anniversary - April 2019
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 04-12-2019, 07:07 AM   #1
Neverland Scraps
Having breakfast at Kona Cafe

Software: CS5
Camera: Nikon D3200, iPhone 8
MouseScrappers Gallery Guideline FAQ's

Many have asked what we mean by following the MouseScrappers Gallery Guidelines when posting to the gallery. Because our gallery is constantly moving, it makes it difficult to find layouts about a certain theme such as Cinderella's Castle, Mickey Mouse Character Meet, or something more specific such as The Living Seas at Epcot. To make it easier for our community members, in the Forums the are categories where we ask that you link your layouts so that anyone can go to that specific thread and see ALL the layouts on that subject.

This feature not only helps our community see how others scrapped those photos, but also see what products are out there to help them scrap those photos. Or perhaps, they are planning a trip and want to see what they might see while on their trip.

Take for example, the Living Seas. I know it's at Epcot. So I'll go to the Epcot Layouts thread and search in there for "The Living Seas". Once you click that, you'll notice there are sub-forums such as "Turtle Talk with Crush", Coral Reef Restaurant" and others. If your layout is about Nemo, at the front of the building, you would click "
In front of Nemo statue" and post your layout within that thread. Or if you are trying to see how others posed with the Nemo Statue, this is a great place to check that out!

Before I move on, take a moment and scroll through that thread to see how others have posted in that thread. You'll see everyone's layouts in front of the Nemo Statute. That's where you will post your layout with the link back to the gallery posting so they can see what products you used, leave you love on your layout or maybe see what else you've scrapped.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now how do you post a layout?
Go back to your layout in the gallery.

Scroll down towards the comments area and you'll see "Linked Thumbnail", "Linked Image" and "Direct link". You will want to copy (control + c on your PC) the "Linked Image" url. Go back over to the coordinating thread that matches the theme of your layout, just like we talked above and then paste (control + v) that "Linked Image" url. Nothing else needs to be done as it's linked back to your gallery for credits!

So for the MouseScrappers 10th Anniversary Celebration, you will be posting to THREE places
1 - Main Gallery
2 - Coordinating Forum Thread
3 - Your Tracking Thread Post

When the Celebration is over and you post your layout to MouseScrappers, you will only be posting to TWO places:
1 - Main Gallery
2 - Coordinating Forum Thread

Are there any other questions regarding linking your layout in the forums?
Eiffel Tower France Star Tours Earful Tower United States of America Teacups Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Kermit Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Wendy! Baymax Ive met another MouseScrapper

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 04-12-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Neverland Scraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #2
elk2009
Buying my Disneyland park tickets

Software: cs6
Camera: cannon
so where do i post my layout when none of the sub categories apply???

Last edited by elk2009; 04-12-2019 at 04:43 PM.

elk2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:55 PM   #3
Neverland Scraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk2009 View Post
so where do i post my layout when none of the sub categories apply???
what layout is it about? Can you link me here so we can help you figure out where to put it?
Eiffel Tower France Star Tours Earful Tower United States of America Teacups Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Kermit Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Wendy! Baymax Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 04-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #4
elk2009

both of these are D-land's 50th

this is a Disney collectible....I couldn't find anything that said collectible or"at home"

the 3 circles I put in the introduce yourself and the convention one I put in D-land hotel...don't know where else to put them

Old 04-12-2019, 11:27 PM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Quote:

both of these are D-land's 50th

this is a Disney collectible....I couldn't find anything that said collectible or"at home"

the 3 circles I put in the introduce yourself and the convention one I put in D-land hotel...don't know where else to put them
Sometimes, there might be a few options for where to post a layout (though please only pick one). There is often a 'misc' thread that might work, and off the top of my head I was thinking that your 50th layouts could go in that. But I did a quick 'advanced search' using "50th" and changed the drop down to "Search Titles Only". I found an existing thread here: http://mousescrappers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4786

We have a "Disney @ Home or on the road" forum (subforum of "General Disney layouts") that would work for your collectible layout. Look through the threads and see if there is a suitable one (if not, there is a 'misc' in that forum).

The bottom line when trying to decide where to put something is where you might look if you were trying to scrap a page with the same subject. Though a misc thread would work for your 50th layouts, it would be easier to find them in the 50th thread

I hope that helps Let us know if you need help deciding where others could go.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:16 AM   #6
elk2009

thank you for your help...I really do appreciate it!!! I just put all three in the 50th link as I could NOT find the disney at home or on the road...I looked through all the categories 3x...I guess I am just blind LOL...anyway the collectible was for the 50th anniversary...so thats where it went..

Old 04-13-2019, 08:26 AM   #7
Neverland Scraps

Thank you Carol. We were out of the house last until until 9:30. Once I put the little man to bed, I went to bed myself!

Old 04-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #8
Carolc
Administrator

Quote:
thank you for your help...I really do appreciate it!!! I just put all three in the 50th link as I could NOT find the disney at home or on the road...I looked through all the categories 3x...I guess I am just blind LOL...anyway the collectible was for the 50th anniversary...so thats where it went..
In case you need it for a future page, go to the home page, scroll about a third of the way down (scroll past the "Welcome", "Theme Parks" and "Resorts" forums). There is a forum called "More Disney fun and memories" - there are some subforums like water parks and DCL that didn't fit in the forums above it. Anyway, inside of "More Disney fun and memories" is a subforum with a plain white mouse head icon called "General Disney layouts". Disney @ home is a subforum of that. (Or you can just search for the @ sign from your browser (ctrl f))

Thanks!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 04-14-2019, 10:28 AM   #9
Carolc
Administrator

IMPORTANT

If you edit your photo and change galleries (from member gallery to a challenge gallery, for example), the link to that photo will change. You'll need to update the link anywhere you posted it or else the photo will not show up

Studio1955