MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Speed Scraps > Previous Marathons > 2015 SPEED SCRAP MARATHON
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 03-29-2015, 06:27 PM   #1
scrappinnewbie
E Ticket Holder

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Cannon Rebel XTi
2015 Marathon - Game #6

The goodie bags are delivered and things are starting to wind down. I'm not ready yet to call the Marathon over. I've got a couple more games that I'd like to play.

I call Game #6- Make Over - Why? Because I often find after completing a Speed Scrap (and especially a marathon) that my pages need a little touching up. A tiny Make Over. I don't do my best work under the pressure of the clock and when I am getting tired.

Now, I do not wish to speak negatively about the Speed Scrap instructions...so please keep that mind. The idea of this game is to simply make your page more your own. For example, in one of my pages, I missed the green requirement and quickly added a piece of green paper at the very end. I think I would like my page better if it didn't have the green. Or in one of the SS's I was getting tired and couldn't get the shadows just right. I need to tweak them.

Or maybe another Scrapper did something super clever and you wish you had done it on your page. Got for it! Or maybe you forgot to add a hidden Mickey... do it! Or maybe you wanted to journal... add it!

You get the idea. If your page needs a little help, then this is your chance. Take a moment to fix it to meet your style.

I want to see the before and the after photos. You have one week to play this game. It will end on Sunday, April 5th at midnight EDT time.

Two lucky winners will receive a $3.00 GC to the MouseScrappers Store! Thanks Carol for the awesome donation!

Good luck all and I look forward to seeing your new and improved pages.

Melinda
Mouse Ears United States of America Minnie\'s Shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Melinda! Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Teacups Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Panda Germany R2-D2 Pigglet 1 Carol helped me book my vacation! Big Thunder Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Ive met another MouseScrapper

scrappinnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2015, 06:16 AM   #2
ladyleopard1106
Riding Radiator Springs Racers

Software: Photoshop
Camera: Olympus FE-170, Olympus VR-340, Cannon PowerShot A110 IS
Love this game! This is more my speed. LoL.

-Lori
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours It\'s a Small World Contemporary Resort 1 Minnie Bride Teacups Italy Monorail Jungle Cruise Skyway Sorcerer\'s Hat

ladyleopard1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:46 PM   #3
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
Um.... I had already made over a page before I saw this!

And I deleted the old page.

so, I can tell you what I did!

I fixed the title. It seemed too plain. I added stroking around it, then the word "goin'."
I took away a brown flower and replaced it with the coon hat.
I added a bit more little touches like flowers, nails to clip the word art to the signs, and some journaling and some more water splashes.

Hope this is okay!

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:27 PM   #4
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
Haha I did the same as Jan and did a fix on one of my pages but already reuploaded it here. But I still have the old version on photobucket if you want to see the old version

And here's the new version. I didn't have enough time to finish editing my picture during the SS, and I'm working on updating my character site, so I worked on the pic this weekend and decided to switch it out on the layout. Hey, I may have just ran 13+ miles in Florida, but don't really need to show *all* that sweat on my layouts lol! I also upped the brightness on the Minnie pic.

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:58 AM   #5
MsCarolina
On the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Software: Photoshop Elements
Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i
Here is the BEFORE (where we were restricted to two papers only):

Here is the AFTER. I slightly modified the title, added another paper to the background so the lion element wouldn't blend in, and added another patterned paper for the triangles:

MsCarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:57 PM   #6
Hpgirl
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop Elements 10
Camera: Canon Rebel T3i
In order to get out of the house, I had to be uploading this one as the chat was ending, so I didn't get to spend as much time on it as I would have liked.

Before:

After:

I gave it a border, subtracted a couple ribbons (I didn't have time to find a bunch that really complemented the page the first time around), and added a bunch of greenery.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Teacups I link to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Carousel horse Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Contemporary Resort 2 Pirate Dog Captain EO United States of America Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Italy Monorail Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Toy Story Boo Pirate 2 Sorcerers Hat Italy Green bear Ive met another MouseScrapper

Hpgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #7
ladyleopard1106
Riding Radiator Springs Racers

Software: Photoshop
Camera: Olympus FE-170, Olympus VR-340, Cannon PowerShot A110 IS
Here is the before from SS 184:

Here is the after:

I was so glad to fix this! I swapped out the background papers because my "ole" and journaling totally got lost on the pattern...I moved the margarita glass to the bottom cluster and added the taco (I love that taco! LoL), got rid of the banner behind the title and went with the blue banner instead, move the ribbon to the top of the page, and adjusted the little flower clusters. I love my layout now!

-Lori
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Cheshire Cat 1 Star Tours It\'s a Small World Contemporary Resort 1 Minnie Bride Teacups Italy Monorail Jungle Cruise Skyway Sorcerer\'s Hat

ladyleopard1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #8
Murmer
Getting some photos of the Tree of Life

Here is the before:

This is part of a 2 page layout (other side is HERE)

So I wanted this layout to only have the 1 letter (I added the Maul to the other side) and moved some things around and deleted the banner and some buttons, and now I am so much happier with how this page turned out.
Ive met another MouseScrapper Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

Murmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:23 AM   #9
sewfun06
Randomly selected to dine in Club 33!

Software: SBC 4
Camera: Canon T3i
Thanks for the opportunity for this game. I loved the instructions for this scrap. Here's my before:

Here is my after. I removed the song title and made a title of my own, shifted things around a bit and removed the stitching. I'm much happier with this now.

sewfun06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:13 PM   #10
Wahoomrm
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSCS2
Camera: Canon
Snow White shop redo

I'm happy for this challenge. I didn't like the original page, but with multiple speed scraps there wasn't much I could do at the time.
I've rotated pics, added 3 dwarfs, removed the song, and adjusted some of the clusters.

Original:

Redo:

Forum: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...623#post156623
Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Mickey Pumpkin Sorcerer\'s Hat Contemporary Resort 2 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Expedition Everest Contemporary Resort 1 Mickey Parts Patchwork Canada United Kingdom France Morocco Japan Italy Germany China Norway Mexico

Wahoomrm is offline   Reply With Quote