MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Travel > DVC Chat
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
ResalesDVC
Having breakfast at Cape May

DVC announces new Resale policy

Disney Vacation Club® has announced a new policy that limits access to certain Member Getaways exchanges for Ownership Interests purchased on the secondary market (also known as the re-sale market).

Under the new policy, Members who purchase from anyone other than Disney Vacation Development, Inc., on or after March 21, 2011, will not be eligible to use those Vacation Points to make reservations within the Concierge Collection, the Disney Collection or the Adventurer Collection. Those Vacation Points will instead be valid only for reservations at Disney Vacation Club resorts, as well as for RCI® exchanges, Club Cordial and Club Intrawest.

The affected collections are special Member benefits programs offered by Disney Vacation Development, Inc., and are not part of Members' Ownership Interests. That said, Members who purchased on the secondary market prior to March 21, 2011, may use those Vacation Points for all Member Getaways.

Note that the policy doesn't impact banking, borrowing or transferring Vacation Points. All Members will continue to have the ability to make such transactions, regardless of where they purchased their Ownership Interests.

ResalesDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
PrincessMouse
In the Hall of Presidents

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Nikon D3
I'm betting there's going to be a run on resales with people trying to beat the deadline! Our resale purchase was so much smarter (for us) than going through Disney.
Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 1 Magical Express Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts China Monorail I love DCL! Minnie\'s Bow I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Skyway Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

PrincessMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
ILuvCrush
Having dinner at Ohana

Software: SBC+3.0
Camera: Sony Alpha-550 DSLR
hmmm thats pretty interesting.....
Disney Vacation Club Member United States of America Mouse Ears Monorail Eiffel Tower Mickeys shoe I link to MouseScrappers! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Contemporary Resort 2 Magical Express Star Tours Expedition Everest Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Ears Minnie\'s Bow D23 Member Captain EO Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Flag Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Turkey Christmas Tree Cheshire Cat 1 Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Paula! France Italy United Kingdom Morocco Canada Germany

ILuvCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #4
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Thanks for sharing this info with us.

Yeah, Kimberly, I'm guessing there are a lot of people that want to hurry up and buy, and some that want to hurry up and sell. I have two small contract and always wish I could buy more, but I'm very disappointed that any future points bought through resale cannot be used at the Disneyland Hotel / Paradise Pier (or DCL). I don't plan to sell my contracts anytime soon, but I do worry that this change will make the values drop. I had absolutely no idea this was coming down the pipe.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #5
ResalesDVC
Having breakfast at Cape May

DVC Resale Value changing?

Our conversations with owners reveal that most do not buy to use the extra programs as they can get a cruise comparable online without using points and also the concierge hotels offsite have comparable rentals by the time you use the increased points required and pay the reservation fee. The average owner does not own enough points to do the larger point requirement vacations. As far as declining value caused by the changes, we will see. Although, I feel the DVC product has already taken the loss the past year and has pretty much become much more stable. I do not foresee additional declining values due to the already large gap between resales and new from Disney. Now is the time to buy resale at the lowest prices ever and still get the additional features, if those features are important to you the buyer.

Kinn Tutas Lic. R.E. Broker 866-544-2919
www.ResalesDVC.com

ResalesDVC is offline   Reply With Quote