MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Photography
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
Kramer.zoo
Taking the boat to the Studios

Software: PSE 10
Camera: Nikon D3000
EEK!!! Need your Opinion!

OK fellow mousescrappers!!!

I am in the process of getting a new lens for my Nikon D3000.
I have done the internet searches...read reviews online...read through this forum as well as DISBoards....and even played with both lens at the store.
Could you give me your personal pros and cons if you use these lens.

I am looking at 35mm f/1.8 and the 50mm f/1.8. I am torn between the zoom sizes. Which one do you prefer? and Why?

Help!! I wanna make sure I make the right decision since I probably won't get another lens for a while...

Thanks a million in advance for everyone's help!!

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Mexico Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pumpkin Mickey Pooh Beast Confetti Cupcake Pete

Kramer.zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
mncstbr
Heading to John Wayne airport… I'm going to Disney World!

Software: pse9
Camera: Canon 6D
oooh lenses! I love talking about and looking at lenses. I definately think you should get the 35mm b/c 50mm indoors sometimes is tricky if you have a small space. Too zoomed in. As far as a zoom, depends on what range your looking for. I am no expert by any means but I have researched all kinds of lenses for awhile now! You know I love taking pics and photography! Jenn had recommended on my last post the 24-105 lens which is a good range.

ha! I'm such a dork... I thought you were also looking for a zoom lens. lol.. So my opinion for your post is the 35mm. I have the 50mm and sometimes it's difficult taking pics b/c there's not always enough room to back up. For instance at home, or if we're in a restaurant... etc. but outdoors of course it's not an issue.

Another lens that I have been eyeing is the 17-55mm f2.8 lens which is another awesome lens for a crop sensor camera. It's a little more pricey but it zooms AND is fixed at 2.8 so would be good for indoors. But if your looking for a prime (which I loooove), I would get the 35mm 1.8 or 35mm f1.4 (which is on my wish list )
I link to MouseScrappers!

Last edited by mncstbr; 08-19-2012 at 12:37 PM.

mncstbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:17 AM   #3
Saar
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop 7
Camera: Nikon D40x
I have the 50 mm f1.8.
It's my portrait lens and I absolutely LOVE it.

In Disneyland I use it to make photos of It's A Small World without using my flash.
For example:

But like said before, I think maybe the 35 mm is a better option for Disney, because there's not always enough room to take a step back.

My blog | My shop | My Facebook Fan Page

I proudly create for:

<- Grab my blinkie
Eiffel Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Star Tours Rocket Jets Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey Pumpkin France Christmas Tree Turkey Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pumpkin King

Saar is offline   Reply With Quote