MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > MouseScrappers - site news and thoughts > I have an Idea!
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Running out of photos? how about a Minnie makeover?

While listening in on the speed scrap the other day, I heard several people mention they were almost out of Disney vacation photos. Ironically, some people have a ton of photos, yet not enough time or inspiration to finish them all. Then it hit me.... would there be any interest in scrapping other people's photos? I know it sounds silly on the surface, but here is my vision: someone would post a few photos (or perhaps even an existing unfinished layout) that they just can't get inspiration for. Others would use the photos (and any provided journaling) and create a layout with their own touch. Maybe this could even be a challenge. Ever seen a layout 'makeover' article in a magazine where designers redo each others layouts? kind of like that.

Does this sound dumb? Do other scrap sites have anything like this? This would just be for fun, not intended to be free scrapbooking services for others or anything like that. The recipient can see the finished layout, but they don't get to have the original files (don't want to be sharing designer elements!). Just a way to give the people who don't have many Disney photos a chance to play along in more activities. Designers, if this breaks any TOU rules, please let me know.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
snowdrop

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon & Sony
There used to be a RAK thread at SM for basically this type of thing. As long as it doesn't go against the designer's TOU, and the file is flattened, I think it's ok to get the 12x12 jpg file.

See the over 300 characters I've met at WDW, DL, & DLP: I Love Characters

Disney digital scrapbook LOs: (40+ trips, 2007-2019)
Disney paper albums: 2007 (a work in progress!) / 2003-2007 day trips
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey Pumpkin Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Heather! I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Captain EO Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pooh Marie Cupcake Ive met another MouseScrapper I love DCL! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Eiffel Tower

snowdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:37 AM   #3
hobbes130
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

Software: Photoshop CS5
It sounds like a fun idea and the 'scrappers' would not be profiting so I am sure the designers would not mind the 12x12 jpeg being passed over. It isn't like a scrap for hire service so I doubt it would go against designers terms tou but perhaps some designers sould come over and give their opinion on this
United Kingdom Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Emma! Disney Vacation Club Member I link to MouseScrappers! Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Eiffel Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Speed Scrapper! Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Christmas Tree I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers!

hobbes130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
tukogirl

This is a neat idea! I still have photos to scrap but I have seen them so many times that sometimes it is hard to get any inspiration or ideas for them. Seeing someone else's approach would be so cool. And vice versa - scrapping someone else's photos would be a challenge and growth for the scrapper!

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #5
andrea4376
Blasting through Space Mountain

Software: PSE 8
That's a brilliant idea - I know I for one am running short on unscrapped Disney pics now - still a good few months to go before I get any more.
United Kingdom Mouse Ears Monorail Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Andrea! Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Star Tours Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition

andrea4376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
MelissaD
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: Photoshop CS3
Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaD
This would be great! This is exactly why I don't do many challenges. I only have so many Disney photos that haven't been scrapped. We tend to enjoy the parks and making the memories more than actually capturing those memories on film, which is great, but I want to scrap! LOL
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Rocket Jets Contemporary Resort 1

MelissaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #7
Princess Janas Mom
Rockin to the beat of Off Kilter

Software: SBC+
OMG! I would love someone to help with mine. I have 5 trips worth of pics that I have yet to do anything with!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Princess Janas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #8
PNWmom
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Don't forget the "Disney @ home" area, there are lots of non-trip ideas over there.

http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...lay.php?f=9654
Mouse Ears Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Janna! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail United States of America Pirate Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Teacups

PNWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Thanks for your input. For those who are interested in this idea...

Do you think it should be a "challenge"? If so,

- how often?
- how long should it run for?
- what day should it start?
- do we have a sign up list with people who have photos to scrap?
- what should we call it?

If you do not think it should be a challenge,
- how should we incorporate it into the site?
- what should we call it?

Thanks!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #10
Princess Janas Mom
Rockin to the beat of Off Kilter

Software: SBC+
Is The idea is to give those scrapbookers who do not have a lot of Disney pics to have a chance to complete in challenges? If so, then have a sign up list for people who have photos.

I for one would love to get LO ideas from others.

You could also make it a challenge. Maybe the people with the pics could host the challenge, set up the criteria for the LOs, and provide the pics.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Princess Janas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote