MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #31
psugirl
Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA

Software: StoryBook Creator Plus
Camera: Canon Rebel
Lots of wonderful layouts by everyone! Mine is from 2/5/92 when Beauty and the Beast was nominated for 6 Academy Awards. I love that these challenges are inspiring me to work on my Dec '09 trip.

Credits -
Creative Memories - Cottage Garden Kit
Pirate Flag Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Captain EO Rocket Jets

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #32
Kim
In the Hall of Presidents

Software: PSE 6
Camera: Olympus Stylus 1010
My date inspiration was:
1966:
Disney's animated short Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree
is released along with the live-action feature The Ugly Dachshund. Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree is Disney's first animated treatment of the famous children's books written by A.A. Milne.

Linked for Credits
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat United States of America Monorail Disney Vacation Club Member Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Star Tours Rocket Jets Wish VoluntEAR - Castle I love DCL! Pirate Flag

Old 02-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #33
kathleena
Taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom

Software: PSCS4
Camera: Canon XS1IS Olympus Stylus-9000
Feb 8 2002: Disney World's Downtown Pleasure Island begins its Mardi Gras celebration

Thanks for the fun challenge and a chance at the great prize!

Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! United States of America Viking Ship Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Eiffel Tower Fairy Godmother D23 Member Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 I love DCL! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Canada Norway

Old 02-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #34
longhorn
Admiring the nostalgic touches on Buena Vista Avenue

Great twist on the weekly challenge! Really fun. Here's my inspiration:

February 7, 2004: The Disney/Pixar animated feature Finding Nemo earns an amazing nine Annie Awards at the 31st annual event, held at the Alex Theatre in Glendale, California.

Also on a personal note, I remember in 2004 when I was in pharmacy school, I used to put the Nemo movie on for my son (who was a toddler at the time) to watch while I studied. So I guess you can say Nemo has a special place in my heart! (and all the movie lines are etched in my brain!)

Maracas Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Sorcerer\'s Hat

Old 02-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #35
tukogirl

My third digital page. This time I was learning how to use a template, and challenging myself to use some different colors. Journaling reads: Feb 3rd, 1925. Actor John Fielder who voiced piglet is born. " In the '60s Disney was looking for a piglet. Walt was watching TV with his wife. I came on some show and he shut his eyes and said "that's piglet."" - John Fielder. August 16, 2007 - From the look of this conversation I seem to be having with Piglet, Walt made a great choice!

Ugh, I just realized I made several typos on the page.

click for credits

Andrea
Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

Old 02-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #36
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Here is my page:

my fun fact is from Feb. 4th, 1938 when SnowWhite and the Seven Dwards was released to US theatres for the first time.

Thanks for a fun challenge!
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Old 02-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #37
r0binb
Stopping for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern

Software: PS CS5 & CS3
Camera: Sony Cybershot, Sony a55
I loved this challenge. It was so fun looking through all those tidbits of Disney history.

I went with "Disneyland Resort’s It’s a Small World re-opens with a brand-new "Spirit of America" scene and 29 newly added Disney-Pixar characters." from February 6, 2009.

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Speed Scrapper! Disney Vacation Club Member I love DCL! United States of America Magical Express Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Teacups Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Minnie Bride Captain EO Star Tours

Old 02-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #38
calliclaire
Stopping to get photos of floral Mickey

Thanks for a great challenge. It was cool to see all that history and now I know where to go for future info! Here's my layout of Epcot:
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #39
Bev Cavera
Watching fireworks burst over Sleeping Beauty's Castle

Software: PSE 8
Camera: Cannon Rebel T1i
Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs 2-4-1938

http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...l_edited-1.jpg

Great Challenge ...this took some thinking. However, I remembered I had the perfect pic to go along with the theme. Credits named at Gallery site. Bev
Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Disney Vacation Club Member Magical Express Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 2 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Minnie\'s Shoe Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Captain EO Italy France Sorcerers Hat Pumpkin King Gingerbread Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World

Last edited by Bev Cavera; 02-09-2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: no pic

Old 02-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #40
cddiesel
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: SBC+ 3.0
I also was inspired by Beauty and Beast....2/5/1992 when Beauty and the Beast was nominated for 6 Academy Awards.

sorry for the size....I cant figure out resizing for anything.

Credits: Britt's Tale as Old as Time

Christina
Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Carol helped me book my vacation! Teacups United States of America Monorail Thanks for your help and contributions Christina! Thank you for using the Amazon link! Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Flag Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

Last edited by cddiesel; 02-09-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: ....

Closed Thread