MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #1
Jojo
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop CC
Camera: Canon EOS 550D
Weekly Challenge #116 (12/28/2011 - 1/10/2012)

Welcome to the Weekly challenge which is one to celebrate! We’re celebrating a lot this time of the year. Right now we’re celebrating my first time as a challenge host!! (I was super excited about it!!) And like you know, I’m a CT girl for Patty and her store opens on the 30th of December. And off course we have the New Year celebrations! (which I’m going to spend in Disneyland Paris so you’re going to miss me for 4 days in this challenge (12/30 – 2/1). But I’ll do my best to get online when I can during those 4 days.) And because of all those celebrations, we have an extra week for this one! So to make a really good start in 2012, I inspired my instructions on all those celebrations!

The instructions

- Since it’s the beginning of the new year, and the opening of Patty’s store, I want you to use something new in your lay out! Something you just bought as a Holiday gift to yourself, or something you’ve had all that time in your stash, never used before! It can even be a technique you wanted to try for a long time! When you post your LO here, please make note of what was new for you.
- We’re going to the year 2012 so I want 12 different elements on your page. You can repeat some and add more, but at least 12 different ones (if the same element is in a kit in different colors, it’s a different element for me)! (It’s a hard one, I know)
- I want to see some sparkling or bling! It will stand for the fireworks we will watch when we say 2011 goodbye.
- I love to blend. So I want you to blend one picture in a method of your choice in your LO.
- Because we all want to cut down some bad habits in these periods or just change something in our daily routines to take a new start, I want you to do something you don’t do that often with your journaling/dating. I want you to do the exact opposite of what you do normally. If you journal a lot then try to make a page without any journaling or only a date. If you don’t date your pages normally, try to do it this time.
- And because our family gives the Christmas/holiday presents on New Year’s Eve (apart from this year because I’m off to Disney of course) I want you to give some presents too. Give love to at least 3 other participants of the challenge! We all like gifts and love! Post links to the 3 LO’s where you left your love together with your LO (you can add the links later of course)

Here’s my page with the instructions. But when I’m back from my trip (on 1/2/12) I will make a new one. I just need the pictures of New Year’s Eve this year for the LO that I have in mind to fit the challenge even better! But for now this is my first example:

and here's the example I got in mind earlier.

I didn’t had the time before to make a LO with “My toes are cold” from Britt-ish Designs, which I bought at black Friday. So that was my new product. And I journal most of the time, but I don’t date that often, so I dated my page this time.

When you’ve completed this challenge, I can provide you with a nice PP donated by Patty! This PP coordinates with the kit “Light up the sky” which she will release when her store opens!

Please, keep the usual rules in mind:
* Your LO needs to be Disney themed
* Don’t use a quick page to make your LO.
* Your LO needs to be posted with proper credits in the Weekly Challenges Gallery by midnight Tuesday, January 10th.
* Add your LO to the venue/attraction/character threads in the MouseScrappers forum.
* Come back to this thread and post your layout and leave a link to your LO in the gallery AND a link to where you posted your LO in the venue/attractions thread. And the links of the 3 places you left love.
I hope everything is clear for everyone. Otherwise, just shoot your questions and I’ll answer. But keep in mind that I won’t be able to answer that much between 12/30 and 1/2 ! Have fun with the challenge, and I wish everyone the best for 2012!

Disneyland Paris Dream Annual Passholder
First DLR Anaheim visit: 13 - 20 August 2015!
First cruise: 7 nights - Magic (Mediteranian Europe) Departure 10 september!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Last edited by Jojo; 01-07-2012 at 05:24 AM.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2011, 04:02 AM   #2
Saar
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop 7
Camera: Nikon D40x
Great challenge Jolien. Thank you for hosting.
And that PP is awesome! Thank you Patty.

My blog | My shop | My Facebook Fan Page

I proudly create for:

<- Grab my blinkie
Eiffel Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Star Tours Rocket Jets Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey Pumpkin France Christmas Tree Turkey Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pumpkin King

Old 12-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
tukogirl

Fun Challenge! I think I might actually be able to play along this week, yay!!

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

Old 12-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
cmtscrap
E Ticket Holder

Software: Forever Artisan 6.0
Camera: Nikon D5000 and Nikon DX40
Send a message via Yahoo to cmtscrap
Fun challenge and cute prize. I should be able to do this one since I have taken the week off.

I link to MouseScrappers! United States of America Speed Scrapper! Mouse Ears Monorail Magical Express Earful Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Carol helped me book my vacation! Mickey\'s glove I love DCL! Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Charlene! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) D23 Member Minnie\'s Bow Pop Century 2011 Special Edition pin #2 2011 Special Edition pin #5 2011 Special Edition pin #7 2011 Special Edition pin #3 D Ticket Disney Vacation Club Member Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 12-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
Nanie Scrapper
Staying the night in the Contemporary Resort

Software: CS5 and PSE 9
Camera: Nikon
What a fun filled challenge and awesome pp prize! I hope I've covered everything. I used Bling Papers I've been saving for something special in my layout Lots of Elements and plenty of Bling which is my favorite thing in a layout!!! Blend... got it
I always Journal so for this challenge I changed it up and let Tinkerbell add the Date for me

Also posted in Forums here:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...?t=2931&page=5
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Minnie\'s Bow Magical Express Mickey Pumpkin Pinocchio Queen of Hearts Big Eyes Goofy USA Big Eyes Donald Italy Star Tours Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 2 Contemporary Resort 1 Jungle Cruise Expedition Everest Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Ears Mickey\'s shorts Pirate Flag

Last edited by Nanie Scrapper; 12-28-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
renatasluis
It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Software: photoshop cs3
Camera: panasonic lumix dmc-tz6
nice pp, maby i have time when i am back from disney with new pictures
Sorcerer\'s Hat

Old 12-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
tw1717 - EEYORE FAN
Riding Magical Express

Software: PSE6/MAC
Camera: Samsung/HZ15W
Here is mine:

Kit was new to me, and I had never really blended a photo before that I liked...

SHOP

BLOG

Carol helped me book my vacation! Magical Express I link to MouseScrappers! Mickey\'s glove Minnie\'s Bow Mickey\'s shorts I love DCL! Mickeys shoe Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Ears United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Carousel horse Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland)

Old 12-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
Wahoomrm
E Ticket Holder

Software: PSCS2
Camera: Canon
Dumbo, Weekly Challenge #116

Thanks for the challenge, Jolien. I hope your Disney trip was great!
Normally my titles are pretty bland, so I wanted to try something different. I used 2 techniques in my title. The first was using a clipping mask from one of the papers to form the word "Dumbo". The 2nd technique was using a horizontal type mask for the various "Fantasyland" words.
Your last instruction was to leave love. There were 3 layouts for this challenge so far and I've left comments here:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...hp?photo=22230
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...hp?photo=22232
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...hp?photo=22233

Here's my layout:

Forum: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...1123#post91123
Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Mickey Pumpkin Sorcerer\'s Hat Contemporary Resort 2 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Expedition Everest Contemporary Resort 1 Mickey Parts Patchwork Canada United Kingdom France Morocco Japan Italy Germany China Norway Mexico

Old 12-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #9
jr4mni
Enjoying a baguette by the fountains of France

Software: Craft Artist Pro, PSE 10, PCS6
Camera: Looking for a new one.
I think I am ready for my first challenge! Everything will be new for me since I've never done a challenge before and I'm so new to digiscrapping that I'm still using trial versions to test stuff out.

About the blending though... I've never done that but, I'll try. I hope I don't mess it up too much!
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie Bride Star Tours Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Mouse Ears Mickey Pumpkin United States of America Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pirate Flag Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Old 01-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #10
jr4mni
Enjoying a baguette by the fountains of France

Software: Craft Artist Pro, PSE 10, PCS6
Camera: Looking for a new one.
Embarrassed

Ok, don't laugh... here's my first digi page ever. I am very limited in what I can create and what I can use since I'm still testing out free trials. But, I created this page using Craft Artist.

also posted here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...ead.php?t=9423

Everything I did was new to me I guess!!! haahaa.... I tried my best to blend the photos with the limited functionality of the software I had. I used the picture that I tried to blend as my title. Never did that before!

Thanks for the challenge and I hope I got it correct.

Off to leave some love for others...

Left comments for:
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...hp?photo=22382
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...moment&cat=575
http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos...mickey&cat=500
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie Bride Star Tours Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Mouse Ears Mickey Pumpkin United States of America Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pirate Flag Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Last edited by jr4mni; 01-05-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Closed Thread