MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Travel > DVC Chat
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Lightbulb DVC members - I'm looking for some help

Hi members.

I think everyone knows QuiltyMom (Jan) by now. She is one of our many very talented MouseScrappers, and has done a lot for our community (not only sharing many of her layouts, but also hosting several challenges, arranging participation prizes with designers, and leaving lots of love for people). Well, she has had an AUGUST trip planned to California for months now, but has to curtail her visit to Disneyland because her husband recently lost his job. Expenses are especially tight as many of us can probably relate, but without getting into too many details, she and her husband also have a large expense related to the school for their son. It is an absolutely perfect school for his needs and they obviously want to be able to keep him there, so money is going to be pretty tight for a while. They will go ahead and visit Disneyland since they participated in the 'Give a Day, Get a Disney Day' promo, but will just go in the park one day instead of multiple days.

I really wanted to help Jan a little. I called DVC and to my surprise, there was one studio available for the two nights they wanted to stay. I went ahead and booked it since there was only one room available, but I really don't have a lot of points (I have two 50 point contracts), and at the moment it means I'll have to adjust our travel plans for next year. I'm wondering if anyone can somehow help - especially if you have some points that expire soon and can't use them. She is willing to pay the maintenance fees for the points. Does anyone have plenty of points that we can switch this over to your account and she pay you? Or can you spot me up to 46 points (at cost) if I'm short points for my (future) trip?

Important - this reservation goes into the 'penalty period' if I don't cancel this by 5:30pm Eastern tomorrow. So if someone has the points already and wants to switch this around to their account, we need to do it tomorrow or my points go into holding.

If anyone can help with points, or can think of another way to help Jan, I'd like to hear about it!

BTW, I told Jan I was able to get this reserved and she was very happy! It gives them an opportunity to stay nearby and have a nice pool for the kids at an affordable rate.

Thanks so much,
Carol

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 05:46 AM   #2
poohaddict
E Ticket Holder

Software: Storybook Creator 3.0 & PSE9
Camera: Canon Rebel T2i
PMed you!!

My Blog Donna
Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Expedition Everest Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mouse Ears Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Cheshire Cat 1 Teacups Star Tours Germany Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow It\'s a Small World Mickey Pumpkin USA Pinocchio Girlie Disney Vacation Club Minnie Cupcake Toy Story Pooh Marie Cupcake Cheshire Cat Cupcake Pirate 2 Pumpkin Mickey Confetti Cupcake Plane Crazy Toy Story Alien Mexico

poohaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
hobbes130
Taking a Journey Into Imagination

Software: Photoshop CS5
I have 6 points in my account going begging, not much I know but you are welcome to them I can transfer these to another members account if needed. They are use Aug 2010 - 2011
United Kingdom Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Emma! Disney Vacation Club Member I link to MouseScrappers! Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Eiffel Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Speed Scrapper! Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Christmas Tree I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers!

hobbes130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
Carolc
Administrator

Thanks Donna and Emma - I appreciate your responses. If we could do multiple transfers, it would be great! Then we could all pool some points together to help. Unfortunately we can only transfer once into or out of our account each year, so I don't think it will work out with the number of extra points you each have.

Jan wrote me last night, thanking me and said "You don't know what this means to me"... that's all I need to hear to feel like I'm helping them out a little bit... it feels good.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 07-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #5
hobbes130

Can I not do a transfer to Donna and then she transfer them all to you does this work I know you can transfer in and out once a use year can't you or have donna and I got enough to pay for one night together
United Kingdom Mouse Ears Mickey\'s glove Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Emma! Disney Vacation Club Member I link to MouseScrappers! Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Eiffel Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Speed Scrapper! Mickey Pumpkin Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Christmas Tree I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers!

Old 07-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
Carolc
Administrator

Hi Emma,

The first option wouldn’t work… if you transferred to Donna, then that would count as her transfer so she couldn’t subsequently transfer to me. The second option could theoretically work, but may just be too complicated. I know it’s late for you there in the UK, and Donna and I would have to coordinate when I cancel and she book… don’t want someone to jump in there and book it out from under us.  It may just be easier to have it just stay all on my account. My points expire Mar 31, and at the moment I did not have definite plans for their use, though I had considered a trip with my family during Feb since they are being given an unusual week off next year. So if things don’t work out for splitting up this reservation today, then perhaps one of you can extend me an option to purchase points later, if I need them.

If anyone can think of another way to help her out, I’m sure it would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

Studio1955

Old 07-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #7
hobbes130

Carol I will transfer my points to you regardless no charge hun just happy to help out. I know we wont use them they expire before we can go again and coming from the UK I can not do much with just 6 points. So they are yours, pm me the member details and you can have them. I will be around for the next 5-hours approx before bed if you want to sort out the option of me giving them Donna and her booking one night.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
janette

Just saw this, let me know if you run short later in the year. Right now I don't have any "current" points so nothing can transfer but I may have some after Oct. Planning a big trip in 2012 so saving for that and won't be using them right away.

janette is offline   Reply With Quote