MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Design Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 07-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #21
frogfish
Taking the Monorail to EPCOT

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Lumix
Changes...

There are some minor changes this time, some to make things a bit smoother for me and people who download the submissions, and another because of participant suggestions/requests (on the survey distributed last month).

They are listed in the challenge instructions (the first post in this thread), but here they are in a nutshell. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!

1) Submissions can be any combination of papers, individual elements (such as ribbons, scatters, frames, etc), word art, alphas, and clusters. The minimum number of unique items is 5; the maximum number of unique items is 25. The same paper/element in different colors counts as one. A full alpha fulfills the minimum requirement. Although you may submit any combination of items you want, we would prefer to see themed mini kits (which include a combination of papers, elements, and possibly a coordinating alpha).

2) Please limit the size of each zipped folder to 50mb. If your submission is larger than 50 mb, please split it into separate zipped folders to help control download times. If you have more than one zipped folder, name them in this manner:
Your MS username_DC#_folderletter
Example: MMouse_DC50_A & MMouse_DC50_B
3) We will be utilizing DropITtoME to collect submissions this month. When you are ready to submit you items, send frogfish (Christina) a PM for the link and password. Don't worry, it's super easy and I will receive your submission immediately (no waiting to download).

frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #22
Chef Minnie Mouse
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6
Camera: Nikon D7000
Add me to the blog hop I have more than 25 items So is the same flower (or any element) in different colors counter as one as well?
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Lisa! Mexico Norway China Germany Italy United States of America Japan Morocco France United Kingdom Canada Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Pirate Flag Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Captain EO Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I love DCL! D23 Member

Last edited by Chef Minnie Mouse; 07-10-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Chef Minnie Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #23
Saar
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop 7
Camera: Nikon D40x
You can add me to the blog hop too.
I already have 8 different elements and 3 different papers.
I also have some items for the add-on as well. Hopefully, I'll finish my kit by the end of the week.

My blog | My shop | My Facebook Fan Page

I proudly create for:

<- Grab my blinkie
Eiffel Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Star Tours Rocket Jets Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey Pumpkin France Christmas Tree Turkey Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pumpkin King

Saar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #24
frogfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Minnie Mouse View Post
Add me to the blog hop I have more than 25 items So is the same flower (or any element) in different colors counter as one as well?
Done already??? I have a couple ideas in my head but I'm not even close to starting on it...

You can have up to 25 unique elements, so if you have the same flower in 6 different colors it only counts as 1. The same is true for any element or paper. The items just have to be exactly the same (except for color) to count as 1.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #25
Chef Minnie Mouse
E Ticket Holder

Software: CS6
Camera: Nikon D7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogfish View Post
Done already??? I have a couple ideas in my head but I'm not even close to starting on it...
Okie Dokie I sent mine
Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts I link to MouseScrappers! It\'s a Small World Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Lisa! Mexico Norway China Germany Italy United States of America Japan Morocco France United Kingdom Canada Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Pirate Flag Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Captain EO Mickeys shoe Minnie\'s Shoe Minnie\'s Bow Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I love DCL! D23 Member

Chef Minnie Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #26
omaha
Cooling off in Critter Country

Software: Photoshop CS5
Camera: Sony a550
Me too, i participate as usual !

You can add me to the blog hop too and i send you my contribution ( kit) after the WEnd

my blog : Mary Cup of Tea First trip in WDW 10/25/17 - 11/15/17 and DLParis Passport Infinity so many time
Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Kermit 1 I link to MouseScrappers! Pumpkin Pirate Flag It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

omaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #27
Saar
E Ticket Holder

I'm finished. Got 1 alpha, 7 papers (5 different ones) and 17 elements (12 different ones).
Just need to make the preview.
I hope to send it in this evening.

I proudly create for:

<- Grab my blinkie
Eiffel Tower Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Captain EO Star Tours Rocket Jets Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Mickey Pumpkin France Christmas Tree Turkey Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pumpkin King

Old 07-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #28
Cindyrelly
Stopping for lunch at the Blue Bayou

Software: PhotoShop
Camera: Nikon 3100
I love that we have the Thunder Mountain Railroad as a "Theme." I am off to a running start making papers in NEUTRAL Colors. I wanted to do a kit in all neutrals but then with this challenge not having a color palette it was a no brainer to use the neutrals I had already started playing with. I am accumulating embellishment possibilities at the moment and have several train possibilities and some frames so far... gotta brainstorm a little more
I link to MouseScrappers! Ive met another MouseScrapper

Cindyrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #29
frogfish

Just shy of 2 weeks until we bring DC4 to a close and the submissions I have already received are awesome!

I just finished up my part and although I drew on my favorite parts of the ride and surrounding area, some of you who are still working may be able to find inspiration in the Big Thunder Mountain backstory I found on Wikipedia. I knew the basic story; that its set in an abandoned mining town (which coinsidently is the name of my mini), but some of the things on Wikipedia were new to me (I'm assuming this information is correct). Do you know the whole story?

Quote:
Although the details of the backstory vary from park to park, all follow the same general story arcs. Some time in the late 1800s, gold was discovered on Big Thunder Mountain in the American southwest. Overnight, the small mining town of Rainbow Ridges (at Disneyland), Tumbleweed (at the Magic Kingdom), or ThunderMesa (at Disneyland Paris) became a thriving mining town. Mining was prosperous, and an extensive line of mine trains was set up to transport the ore. Unknown to the settlers, the Mountain was a sacred spot to local Native Americans and was cursed.

Before long, the settlers' desecration of the mountain caused a great tragedy, which, depending on the park, is usually depicted to be an earthquake (Disneyland Paris, Disneyland), a tsunami (Tokyo Disneyland), or a flash flood (Magic Kingdom), which befell the mines and town, and the town was abandoned. Some time later, the locomotives were found to be racing around the mountain on their own, without engineers or a crew. The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was founded in the old mining camp to allow tourists to take rides on the possessed trains.

--Wikipedia

Old 07-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #30
Saar
E Ticket Holder

That's great Christina! Can't wait to see what everybody made. I'm so excided for it.
Can you tell me when the kit will be revealed?

I proudly create for:

<- Grab my blinkie