MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 11-30-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
sthompsonfoto
Going thru the EPCOT turnstiles

WEEKLY CHALLENGE #359 - Nov 30 - Dec 6

So last week I remembered this and Tuesday well, I forgot, but thanks to a magical email fairy I was reminded, thank you magical email fairies, I wonder if her name is Typerbell! I have typed this 2 times now and it has been eaten both times in cyberspace! !! This is my third attempt so here's hoping it works this time otherwise I would have had it posted for you yesterday but because of cyerbereating I will be giving you all extra time to complete this super challenging challenge!

For the last few years I have jumped in and taken this week because it is a special week, it holds the day that the world was blessed or cursed with my presence! On the 5th, Monday, I will be celebrating 41 years on this earth, but more importantly is who I share my day with. I get the privilege of sharing my day with someone dear to our hearts here at Mousescrappers, I share my birthday with Walter Disney! So this week we are going to celebrate Walt!
Your pages will be due Dec 9th since I will have a little extra time to look through pages while hanging in an airport on my way to a tropical island to celebrate said birthday!

HEre are your list of instructions, bear with me!

1. Walt was not a 1 man show. Disney became a reality because 2 brothers worked together and stuck together through some tough times. So lets use 2 pics on our page that are touching.
2. For Snow White, Walt's first full length production and the first of its kind, he won an honorary Academy Award that had one large figure and seven small ones to represent Snow and the Seven dwarfs. So lets use 8 papers to represent them and at least one of them needs to be mostly white (for Snow), red (for her lips) or black (for her hair).
3. Walt won 26 Academy Awards (22 regular and 4 honorary) 3 Golden Globes and one Emmy. So lets have at least 26 elements on the page, you can do more but at least 26.
4. You know what all of those awards did?? They sparkled! LOTS!! So we must have sparkle on our pages especially since no page is complete without glitter, especially a Disney page!
5. Walt has A LOT of quotes out there floating around. I always love walking around and reading the quotes when I am there, even if it means I have to dodge the construction to do it! So Find your favorite Walt quote and put it somewhere on your page. It can be in the title, as word art, in your journaling, on a word strip or where ever you see if.

I currently do not have a PP for you all. I know you are going to just click it closed and not participate now!! But wait and hang around a minute longer! I sent an email but never heard back so I will see what I can still muster up. If I cant there will be a prize GC for someone! So be sure to participate!

Don't forget the basics, Challenge should be Disney related, Layout should be uploaded to the MouseScrappers Gallery in the Weekly Challenge category, Participants should post their layouts in two places: in the challenge thread, and in the appropriate forum and Please don't use a quick page to fulfill the challenges!
Here is my page

also here
"Now The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

Last edited by sthompsonfoto; 12-01-2016 at 11:12 PM. Reason: due date changed

sthompsonfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #2
tukogirl

Fun challenge! And thanks for the extra time! I need it this week

Thanks for being so nice to others Andrea! Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) It\'s a Small World Teacups Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Skyway I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Carol helped me book my vacation! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Magical Express Expedition Everest 2011 Special Edition pin #1 2011 Special Edition pin #4 2011 Special Edition pin #2 D23 Member Norway Sulley Big Eyes Minnie I love DCL! Pop Century Big Thunder Cozy Cone Motel Kilimanjaro Safaris Ive met another MouseScrapper Dale Perry

tukogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:40 AM   #3
shaines
Enjoying the view from the Swiss Family Treehouse

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0
Camera: Nikon D3400
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm going to give this one a shot, thanks for the challenge.
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Boardwalk 1 Rocket Jets Contemporary Resort 1 Star Tours Minnie\'s Bow Captain EO Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Carousel horse

shaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:31 PM   #4
RMSTigger
Terrified on Tower of Terror

Software: PSE 12, Lightroom 3
Camera: Nikon
How fun! Now to figure out a page!

RMSTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:43 PM   #5
RMSTigger

Thanks for hosting a fun challenge! I hope I hit the count for the elements! I lost count!!!

Here is my page:

I also posted it within the Germany layouts(general) thread.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #6
DianeInOz
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: adobe elements 13
Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XSi

Also posted here

DianeInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:54 AM   #7
sthompsonfoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSTigger View Post
Thanks for hosting a fun challenge! I hope I hit the count for the elements! I lost count!!!

Here is my page:

I also posted it within the Germany layouts(general) thread.
Great page!! I love the pictures in the background. My one question... Was the dream drinking around the world??
Thanks for playing along!

Old 12-05-2016, 10:57 AM   #8
sthompsonfoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeInOz View Post

Also posted here
Great page!! I love the two big black buttons on the pic, it is kinda like a hidden Mickey! Thanks for playing along

Old 12-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #9
Murmer
Getting some photos of the Tree of Life

Fun challenge! Thank you.

Also posted HERE.
Ive met another MouseScrapper Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

Murmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:57 PM   #10
RMSTigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthompsonfoto View Post
Great page!! I love the pictures in the background. My one question... Was the dream drinking around the world??
Thanks for playing along!
Either that or that he made it through all the people to get to Germany!