MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 12:01 AM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Weekly Challenge hosts - sign up here PLEASE READ

*** ATTN: PLEASE READ********

In an effort to make Mousescrappers an even BETTER place for everyone, we've divided up the challenges and they will each have an "owner" who is responsible for keeping the lists updated, reminding people of their challenges, answering questions and all of that good stuff. As I'm sure you've guessed, I am the new responsible party for the Weekly Challenge!

In the next day or two, I am going to lock this thread and a new weekly challenge hostess sign up thread will be started.

Because there are so many people wanting to host our sign ups have gone all the way to the new year! Crazy cool, huh?! However we don't want to get tooo far ahead of ourselves because a lot can happen in 5 months - unexpected circumstances come up, people forget, yada yada....So with that in mind, as of today sign ups will be closed until sometime in October. I will definitely give plenty of warning when they will be reopened and at that point we will be taking sign ups to host weekly challenges in 2011.

Also, I'd like to have a couple people volunteer to be back up hosts just in case we have a week where we are missing a host. Hosting can be a lot of work and I wouldn't want anyone to feel obligated to host a challenge at the last minute so if we had several people volunteer it would be wonderful - that way I can ask all of the volunteers and hope that someone is having a week where it wouldn't be too much of a challenge to host an unexpected challenge, haha! Send me a PM if you'd be interested in helping out as a "just in case host" sometime.

If you have any questions, thoughts, want to volunteer for a back up or see something I missed, send me a PM!

Tukogirl (Andrea)

Here are the guidelines for weekly challenges:

1) Challenge should be Disney related
2) Layout should be uploaded to the MouseScrappers Gallery in the Weekly Challenge category
3) Rules should be flexible enough to allow for both traditional and digital scrapbooking
4) Participants should post their layouts in two places: in the challenge thread, and in the appropriate forum
5) A new challenge will begin every Wednesday and will run through the following Tuesday
6) Providing participation prizes and selecting 'winners' are optional - this is left to the discretion of the host
7) Please keep an eye on your thread. Don't post the rules and then disappear all week - please keep an open dialog with participants and make sure they are posting where they need to be.
8) Let's all keep it fun and supportive... we are here to motivate each other.

The subject line of these challenges should begin with "Weekly Challenge #" followed by the number and the dates

If you are interested in hosting, please sign up below. Thanks!

#39 - Sahlink (6/16-6/22)
#40 - Fran9876 (6/23-6/29)
#41 - Hobbes130 (6/30-7/6)
#42 - CAVEA001 (7/7-7/13)
#43 - Britt (7/14-7/20) <--------- Disneyland's 55th Anniversary July 17th
#44 - mickeysmyboy( 7/21-7/27)

#45 - Tukogirl (7/28-8/3)
#46 - luv2scrapmm (8/4-8/10)
#47 - Natalie from Pa (8/11-8/17)
#48 - Chef Minnie Mouse (8/18-8/24)

#49 - cddiesel (8/25-8/31)
#50 - Leslie 537 (9/1-9/7)

#51 - QuiltyMom (9/8-9/14)
#52 - agrievingmommy (9/15-9/21)
#53 - Hpgirl (9/22-9/28)

#54 - TanyaH666 (9/29-10/5) October 1st marks the anniversary of the opening of WDW's Magic Kingdom (1971) and EPCOT (1982)
#55 - CAVEA001 (10/6-10/12)

#56 - ILuvCrush (10/13-10/19)
#57 - CaliforniaTeri (10/20-10/26)
#58 - leslie_537 (10/27-11/2)
#59 - Mary Jo (11/3-11/9)

#60 - CarmentF (11/10-11/16)
#61 - Roxana (11/17-11/23) November 18th is Mickey Mouse's "Birthday"
#62 - agrievingmommy (11/24-11/30) Thanksgiving
#63 - Britt (12/1-12/7) Walt Disney's birthday - December 5th, 1901
#64 - tukogirl (12/8-12/14)
#65 - Sparklehal (12/15-12/28)
#66 - cmtscrap(12/29-1/4)

Thanks!
Carol

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Last edited by tukogirl; 11-07-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Updated list

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Re: Weekly Challenge hosts - sign up here

I will take Oct. 28th to Nov. 3!

Thank you for the updated schedule!
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Old 09-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150

I'll take #8.

ETA: I'm going to have to pull my offer to keep the list updated for the time being. Maybe we can switch off doing it every few months? I really don't think that I could do it right now with everything that's going on. Sorry for speaking before I thought it through!

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 09-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
TheWerners
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

I can take #4
*2001 WDW - CBR & DCL Bahamas Cruise (Disney Magic) *2008 DCL 7 Night Mex. Riviera Cruise (Disney Magic) *Anxiously waiting for 2010 WDW 10 Day Trip - CSR and AKL CL *Disneyland - more times than I can count over the past 34 years!
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Old 09-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
cddiesel
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: SBC+ 3.0

I'll take lucky number 7

Christina
Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Carol helped me book my vacation! Teacups United States of America Monorail Thanks for your help and contributions Christina! Thank you for using the Amazon link! Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Flag Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
Carolc
Administrator

Aussiegirl, QuiltyMom, and TheWerners - gotcha down

cddiesel #7 is the same one that Aussiegirl wanted... is there another one you can take?

Thanks so much for volunteering!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 09-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
cddiesel
Racing through the icy caverns of the Matterhorn

Software: SBC+ 3.0

oops!!

I'll take whatever!

Christina
Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Carol helped me book my vacation! Teacups United States of America Monorail Thanks for your help and contributions Christina! Thank you for using the Amazon link! Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Flag Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

Old 09-17-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
Carolc
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddiesel
oops!!

I'll take whatever!
Okay, I put your name in the next open slot (Nov 11th). Thanks for volunteering!

Studio1955

Old 09-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
Neverland Scraps
Having breakfast at Kona Cafe

Software: CS5
Camera: Nikon D3200, iPhone 8

If anyone needs a small prize please pm me or email me at NeverlandScraps at gmail dot com
Can I post my email addy here? If not please remove it--its just best for me since I check it a million times a day!
I wish I could sign up but Im keeping November open since Im guesting at a store and December we are heading to his family for two weeks and I dont want to be tied in to anything with packing, etc. Maybe in the new year when we aren't traveling.
Eiffel Tower France Star Tours Earful Tower United States of America Teacups Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mouse Ears Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Pirate Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Kermit Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Wendy! Baymax Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 09-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #10
britt
E Ticket Holder

Has anyone signed up for #10? Mickey's birthday week? I'll take it!!!!!!

my blog my gallery
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for bringing in so many new members Britt! I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Mouse Ears Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1 Big Eyes Minnie Stormtrooper Boo USA Ive met another MouseScrapper

Closed Thread