MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > MouseScrappers - site news and thoughts > 10th Anniversary - April 2019
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 04-10-2019, 06:06 PM   #71
tinkerbell1112
E Ticket Holder

Software: Artisan 5
Camera: Nikon D3300, Olympus TG-3, Sony, and my phone - Samsung S10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiegirl View Post
*Random questions for everyone*

What originally brought you to MouseScrappers? And what has been one of your favorite memories of your time here?
I'm pretty sure I was just doing a random search after I started digital scrapbooking. Either that or I followed something from Brittish Designs (one of the first digital designers I ever knew about). Can't really remember. But I instantly fell in love. I loved the inspiration the most. After pouring over the gallery I learned a lot of things I could take pictures of on next trips that I'd never thought of before! And I really loved the scavenger hunts. I miss the scavenger hunts. LOL I miss them so much that when we went last I just went and pulled up an old one!

another favorite memory was meeting Lyn & Lisa on a cruise (this one was random - they happened to be traveling on the same cruise as my family and I were) and then later meeting Tammy & Carol (and Lyn again) at Disneyland for a runDisney event (this one was planned)!! I've also made some great online friends that I'd love to meet for real some day
Contemporary Resort 1 Pirate Ears Star Tours D23 Member Monorail Mouse Ears It\'s a Small World Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Jungle Cruise Contemporary Resort 2 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Flag United States of America Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! Expedition Everest I love DCL! I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Christmas Tree Turkey Anna Carol helped me book my vacation! Elsa Olaf Sven Ive met another MouseScrapper Teacups Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s glove

Last edited by tinkerbell1112; 04-10-2019 at 06:14 PM.

tinkerbell1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2019, 10:28 PM   #72
Marie
Having dinner at Rainforest Café

Software: SBC Plus 3.0
Quote:

What originally brought you to MouseScrappers? And what has been one of your favorite memories of your time here?
I was just learning digiscrapping in 2010 and was looking around the internet and stumbled across this site. I participated in my first challenge and was hooked! I have learned so much since that first page. I give credit to the wonderful ladies on this site who were so helpful with tips and tutorials. Also, I especially appreciated how kind everyonewas /is with their gallery comments. It was so encouraging.

One of my favorite memories is the speed scrap marathons. What a crazy but fun weekend!Those challenges really pushed me to learn new things. And so much inspiration!

Another favorite memory would be meeting other scrappers. I met Carol on a trip to Disneyland and met a group of ladies at a Mousescrappers meeet in WDW in 2014. So fun!

Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:24 AM   #73
ta_merkins
Buying my Disneyland park tickets

To be honest, I was never interested in Mousescrappers or any other Disney related scrapping for a long time. Then my son was granted a wish through Make a Wish and he chose to go to Florida...which meant all the parks Now I have what is the trip of a lifetime to get scrapped.

ta_merkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:36 AM   #74
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
Quote:

mmm I don't remember, memory fails but I guess it was surfing the web for ideas for my Disney pages, but I'm shy and took me sometime to sign up LOL

I've made so many digi friends here, I hope I can meet some more in a future. I met Lisa in Legoland back in january 2016

And here is where I learned almost everything, checking tuts and asking for help that always got an answer.

I used to spend more time here, but then I got too many cts LOL, then a job sometime ago and oh well life just got in the way, but I'm still around and missing the chats

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #75
cmtscrap
E Ticket Holder

Software: Forever Artisan 6.0
Camera: Nikon D5000 and Nikon DX40
Send a message via Yahoo to cmtscrap
Quote:

I saw a template on Facebook by Britt-ish Designs and followed the link. Who knew that I would meet the most wonderful people that shared my love of scrapbooking and all things Disney.

My favorite memories are definitely of the times that I got to meet several members and the friendships that I have made through this group. There was the meet in 2011 (my goodness, I can't believe that was 7 1/2 years ago) at WDW, the meet at WDW in 2014, and all of the various times that I have traveled to California and visited with Carol and Tammy and to Florida and visited with everyone down there. Lisa and I try to get together every time I am visiting my mother and JoAnn (from Charlotte) and I get together quite often for scrapbooking retreats.

I am super bummed that I haven't had any time to work on any of the 10th anniversary projects so far.

My next trip to WDW is actually next month. We are staying at the Boardwalk and will be there from May 12 - May 18th. Of course we will be meeting various friends and family down there, but this is the first time ever that DH and I have been together that we are going alone.

I link to MouseScrappers! United States of America Speed Scrapper! Mouse Ears Monorail Magical Express Earful Tower Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Carol helped me book my vacation! Mickey\'s glove I love DCL! Thanks for all your help with MouseScrappers Charlene! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) D23 Member Minnie\'s Bow Pop Century 2011 Special Edition pin #2 2011 Special Edition pin #5 2011 Special Edition pin #7 2011 Special Edition pin #3 D Ticket Disney Vacation Club Member Ive met another MouseScrapper

cmtscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:38 PM   #76
Disneysheryl65
Taking the bus to Downtown Disney

Software: SBC4/Artisan
Camera: Cannon Power Shot XS20IS
Heart

Working on:

2 2017 trips - June with a friend and December with my son and his fiance (they got engaged on the trip!)

I have 2 more trips in 2018 to do - so I am trying to finish these up to get started on those. This is the furthest behind I have been

How I got to Mousescrappers:

Searching on pinterest for Disney layout inspiration in 2013 and found it. I had only used Creative Memories before and this site opened a whole new world of digiscrapping for me. I have also had the good fortune to meet Carol in person in Disneyland. She is a wonderful resource of historical information about the park.

Favorite memories: speed scrap weekends and chats!

Disneysheryl65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:38 AM   #77
Firstoscartgrouch
Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA

Software: affinity photo
Camera: cell
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta_merkins View Post
To be honest, I was never interested in Mousescrappers or any other Disney related scrapping for a long time. Then my son was granted a wish through Make a Wish and he chose to go to Florida...which meant all the parks Now I have what is the trip of a lifetime to get scrapped.

That’s awesome, my daughters wish granted last nov was togoto set of Law and Order SVU in nyc. I have so many pages already.

Miss Fish Templates posted about her contribution to the collaboration for the 10th anniversary so I came over.ima newbie.

I have two trips one from 2008 (mybirthsay) and one in 2011 (both kids birthdays)

We had been so many times pre kids, in the time of film, that I don’t even know what pictures match what trips. We would take character photos one day, dothe overnight film processing at the film booth just outside the park, grab the photos next morning and get all the characters to sign them.

Favthing since I’ve been here, having one of my pages posted on the mousescrappers fb page.

Firstoscartgrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:52 AM   #78
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstoscartgrouch View Post
That’s awesome, my daughters wish granted last nov was togoto set of Law and Order SVU in nyc. I have so many pages already.

Miss Fish Templates posted about her contribution to the collaboration for the 10th anniversary so I came over.ima newbie.

I have two trips one from 2008 (mybirthsay) and one in 2011 (both kids birthdays)

We had been so many times pre kids, in the time of film, that I don’t even know what pictures match what trips. We would take character photos one day, dothe overnight film processing at the film booth just outside the park, grab the photos next morning and get all the characters to sign them.

Favthing since I’ve been here, having one of my pages posted on the mousescrappers fb page.
I am SOOOOO glad we could make you feel extra special by featuring you on the Facebook page! We have had so many amazing layouts during our celebration! We are also so happy to have so many newbies joining us, and hope you have found your way around!

Scrapping pre-digi photos is one of the hardest things (I think!) There are a few photos I have scanned to my computer to scrap digi style, but it is still hard. I have been resigned to just putting my paper photos into sleeve albums (even though I still have a huge storage bin of paper scrapping albums and supplies!)

That is such a cute idea, to have the characters sign their photos the next day. Even though I wouldn't do it in my Disney planner brain, because it would mean meeting each character twice (I was very strict about trying to only meet each character once on our last trip. Didn't fully work, but I tried!)
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Aussiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:06 AM   #79
Aussiegirl
E Ticket Holder

*unlimited page sale at Shutterfly*

For those of you super close to finishing an album to print, Shutterfly is having their unlimited page sale! Use code UNLIMITED ends Sunday.
Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World Minnie\'s Bow United States of America Carousel horse Monorail Mickey\'s glove Star Tours Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Teacups Minnie\'s Shoe Pirate Dog Christmas Tree Eiffel Tower Thanks for helping with the product forum Dawn! Ive met another MouseScrapper Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey\'s shorts Expedition Everest Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Italy I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Jungle Cruise New Zealand United Kingdom Earful Tower Pirate Flag

Aussiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:55 AM   #80
Murmer
Getting some photos of the Tree of Life

I found MS through trying to find disney scrapbooking creators....and my favorite thing is speed scrap marathons!
Ive met another MouseScrapper Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!

Murmer is offline   Reply With Quote