MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Let's talk about DISNEY! > Disney News and information
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 09-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Walt Disney Family Museum

For those that haven't heard, there is a new museum in San Francisco opening soon. I hope to be able to visit one of these days.

There are several sources of info about it. Here are two official ones:

Disney site: http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/index.html

There is even a Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TheWaltDisne..._fb_noscript=1

Below is a news article from NewsRoomAmerica.com

SHOWBIZ
Disney Museum To Open In San Fran
2009-09-19 01:10pm

San Francisco will soon become a place of note on Disney fans maps as a museum opens up paying homage to the master animator.

The Walt Disney Family Museum opens in San Francisco will open its doors on October 1, 2009 and bring the fascinating and inspiring story of Walt Disney to life.

Born in Chicago in 1901, Disney grew up on a failing farm in the rural Midwest, fell in love with drawing and animation and traveled, nearly penniless, to California in the early 1920s. Over the next 40 years, Disney elevated animation to an art form, created the first Academy Award-winning nature documentary, commissioned scores of songs that millions of people know by heart, and oversaw the birth of the first theme park, Disneyland.

Today, more than 40 years after his death, Disney's characters and creations remain an indelible part of popular culture around the world.

``The name `Disney' calls to mind the vast company that bears my father's name, rather than my father himself,'' said Diane Disney Miller, daughter of Walt Disney and a director of the foundation that is funding the $110 million museum.

"My father was a man of endless curiosity who loved to tinker and explore and entertain people. We look forward to sharing an honest and affectionate portrait of this amazing man."

The Walt Disney Family Museum will contain hundreds of audio clips of Disney and his family and coworkers telling the stories of his creations, as well as over 1,600 objects and works of art, 200 monitors, and interactive exhibits that will invite visitors to learn about Walt Disney and the industry he nurtured.

Highlights of the museum include the earliest known drawings of Mickey Mouse, animation cells of Disney's characters, storyboards, a Disney innovation, that map out timeless film classics and the one-eighth scale train he installed at his Hollywood home that spurred his vision for Disneyland

(c) NewsRoom 2009

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Last edited by Carolc; 02-26-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
Carolc
Administrator

Here is an interesting report from someone who visited the museum

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/02/...-family-museum

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 02-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
I really want to go there! I guess that we'll have to plan a trip to SF. We both have relatives living nearby, too!

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

QuiltyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
ScrappinCM
Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA

I went back in October after it opened. It was fantastic! I'm working on a page to post!!
D23 Member Pirate Ears

ScrappinCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #5
Carolc
Administrator

Awesome... can't wait to see it!

Studio1955

Old 03-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
ScrappinCM
Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA

Here is my first layout. I have a few more with more details on the inside of the museum.

D23 Member Pirate Ears

ScrappinCM is offline   Reply With Quote