MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Scrapbooking > Tutorials
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 01-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #11
JustTJ
On Casey Jr, going 'round the track

Robin, I just made a new globe, and mine is working out fine. SOOOO I wonder if you are adding a 12x12 backround TO the Globe rather than adding the globe TO a 12x12 background. Is your globe currently a globe on a transparent background so that you see the little grey and white squares of the "essentially no background" around the globe? Thats the way it should be. SO then, you need to open a new file with your 12x12 background, drag and drop the globe onto that back ground. You should then be able to resize the globe to any size you want without the background size changing. But first you want to pull in a copy of the globe that you should have saved in another file under a different name (so that you have one png globe saved as GLOBE 1 and the other saved as GLOBE 2, or something like that). One of those globes is to be flipped vertically. When you've dragged and dropped both onto your background, resize both at the same time so they remain the same size. Then repostion them as you want Let me know if this was helpful in any way.

Last edited by JustTJ; 01-14-2014 at 04:53 PM.

JustTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #12
SherBear
I'm on the tram

Software: PSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTJ View Post
Robin, I just made a new globe, and mine is working out fine. SOOOO I wonder if you are adding a 12x12 backround TO the Globe rather than adding the globe TO a 12x12 background. Is your globe currently a globe on a transparent background so that you see the little grey and white squares of the "essentially no background" around the globe? Thats the way it should be. SO then, you need to open a new file with your 12x12 background, drag and drop the globe onto that back ground. You should then be able to resize the globe to any size you want without the background size changing. But first you want to pull in a copy of the globe that you should have saved in another file under a different name (so that you have one png globe saved as GLOBE 1 and the other saved as GLOBE 1, or something like that). One of those globes is to be flipped vertically. When you've dragged and dropped both onto your background, resize both at the same time so they remain the same size. Then repostion them as you want Let me know if this was helpful in any way.
When are you headed my way for those private PS lessons?

SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #13
JustTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherBear View Post
When are you headed my way for those private PS lessons?
LOL, I'm no expert, but have learned a lot If you are serious about some lessons though, I'm up for that. We can do that via SKYPE if you have or install skype, then it's live chat and instructions

Old 01-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #14
robinsk@mac.com
Just parked the car

Smile Thank you!

I did what you said aNd it worked! Thanks so much . I should have thought of that myself. Now into the layer masks - I noticed PSE 11 has these, but I have never used. I can download the ones you linked but wondering if u have a newer version of PSE now and if these do what I need then to? I've only been using PSE since May so I'm a beginner.

robinsk@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #15
JustTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsk@mac.com View Post
I did what you said aNd it worked! Thanks so much . I should have thought of that myself. Now into the layer masks - I noticed PSE 11 has these, but I have never used. I can download the ones you linked but wondering if u have a newer version of PSE now and if these do what I need then to? I've only been using PSE since May so I'm a beginner.
If you have PSE 11 you should not need to download them, you should just be able to use them as instructed Thanks for bringing up this issue as I had lost those tools and didn't know I had lost them. We had reformatted my computer and thus had to reinstall PSE, but never ever thought that all the tools I had downloaded would disappear and also need reinstalling. I was wondering why my layer masks weren't working as they previously had LOL. Now that fixed my problem too So glad you had the problem afterall!

Old 01-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #16
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Quote:
LOL, I'm no expert, but have learned a lot If you are serious about some lessons though, I'm up for that. We can do that via SKYPE if you have or install skype, then it's live chat and instructions
Would this be something you could explain to several people at once in our chatroom? It would be a great excuse to have a chat

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #17
JustTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
Would this be something you could explain to several people at once in our chatroom? It would be a great excuse to have a chat
Oh my, hmmm maybe. The way I would envision it is to pick a sample of one of my pages, and use that to show everyone how to build that, make a page like that. Let me practice here after my vacation and perhaps we can set something up for MARCH?

Old 01-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #18
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Quote:
Oh my, hmmm maybe. The way I would envision it is to pick a sample of one of my pages, and use that to show everyone how to build that, make a page like that. Let me practice here after my vacation and perhaps we can set something up for MARCH?
That would be great! Just write me either here or PM when you have time to put something together (I'm juggling so many thoughts that I forget individual things)... March would be perfect.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #19
RMSTigger
Terrified on Tower of Terror

Software: PSE 12, Lightroom 3
Camera: Nikon
Thanks

Thank you for sharing. Cannot wait to try this!

RMSTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:58 AM   #20
aussiefi
Stopping for lunch at the Blue Bayou

Software: PSE 11
Camera: Canon SLR
Hi - thankyou for the wonderful template. I've just put 49 fabulous pictures into the template, and I can't turn it into a sphere. Do you have a hint for what to do next?
I tried to do the sphere thing when I had put 1/2 the pictures in, and it worked. Now I have finished, the 'spherize' option has gone.
I hope someone can help me.

Fiona

aussiefi is offline   Reply With Quote