MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > Help and Support
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
Notices

Old 09-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #11
BriarRose59
In Town Square, envisioning Walt giving his speech

Re: No More Hotlinking!

Sorry, Britt! I have fixed all of mine.

BriarRose59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #12
kathleena
Taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom

Software: PSCS4
Camera: Canon XS1IS Olympus Stylus-9000

ack I had no clue......I've seen DSTs stuff all over the place and just never knew......I always thought that when you click on the image and it takes you there, that's where it was from.............

But, just so happens my first LO here, I did upload to photobucket because I was in a hotel and it was faster. And come to think of it, still havent posted it in a gallery...............
Sorcerer\'s Hat I link to MouseScrappers! United States of America Viking Ship Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) I got the Tree of Life for referring people to MouseScrappers! Boardwalk 1 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Magical Express Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Eiffel Tower Fairy Godmother D23 Member Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Limited Edition Amazon pin #5 Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 I love DCL! Limited Edition Amazon pin #3 Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Canada Norway

kathleena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #13
labdogs42
Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA

Software: StoryBook Creator Plus
Camera: Canon 7D (I upgraded and I LOVE it!)

I host all of my layouts on Smugmug. I put them there as my online backup, so I always link from there. Now because of that, I get lazy about posting them to other places like ScrapMatters because I don't feel like uploading them again (although I know SM now let me use my smugmug links again, so I really have no excuse!). I highly recommend Smugmug if anyone is in the market for hosting!

Here's a question, though, if I want to post a pic of a digital freebie from someone's blog, can I right click properties and use that link to post the pic here on MouseScrappers? Or is that bad, too? Do I have to download the image, upload it to my hosting site, then post it with that link here? Help!

I link to MouseScrappers!

labdogs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #14
britt
E Ticket Holder

Jess - typically you shouldn't just right click on someone else's freebie preview to get the URL, you should host it yourself, unless you have that designers permission.

I give anyone on mousescrappers permission to do that with mine because they are all hosted in my photobucket account, so that's fine!!

my blog my gallery
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Thanks for bringing in so many new members Britt! I link to MouseScrappers! Speed Scrapper! Mouse Ears Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Magical Express Cheshire Cat 1 Big Eyes Minnie Stormtrooper Boo USA Ive met another MouseScrapper

britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #15
carolinagirl
Watching the Aladdin Musical

Software: Photoshop Elements
Camera: Sony DSC H50 & Canon Rebel T2i

OH My! I had no idea I was committing a "faux pas". So sorry....I've corrected most of mine. Thank you for the lesson in image hosting!

carolinagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #16
Jazz2000
Trying all the props in Toontown

So I can't link back to my blog??

I couldn't open the link to the info about hotlinks (my computer bad).

So my blog is not an official "hosting" site, I can't link the images FROM my blog? Is that right?

Don't want to be an internet pirate.

hugs
Angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by intenseblue98 View Post
Wow! I'm guilty and I'm not using SM or any digi website. I used Britt's link about Hotlinks in her first post and learned that I should not be linking my images posted using Comcast's personal web pages.

What I've been doing is linking the image posted on my blog. What I should be doing is viewing the file as it's own webpage before adding the image here.

Thanks Britt!

http://angi-scrap-blog.blogspot.com/

I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Ears Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Star Tours

Jazz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #17
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Exclamation Are you pointing to ScrapMatters?

-- IMPORTANT --

If you posted a PhotoBucket (etc) image here and put a link to ScrapMatters for your "credits", please consider copying the credits to your images in our forum (or better yet, upload your images/credits to our gallery). Because SM has announced they will be closing, your links will become invalid and your credits will be lost.

To find where you may have referenced SM, start an 'advanced search' and:

- put "scrapmatters.com" in the Keyword field

- put your username in the"User name" field

- change the radio button in "Show Results as" from "Threads" to "Posts"

Thanks!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #18
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
Carol, I have some posts in the Photoshop group in Community, linking to SM. What should I do? The only thing Im thinking right now is create a thread and add those posts but they would be a copy from the originals ( I would have to copy the images as well) and Im not sure that would be OK, in fact Im almost sure that would so not be OK. WDYT? What could we do so we dont lose these tuts? any thoughts?

EX: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...iscussionid=12

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #19
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Great question. Yeah it wouldn't be right to copy their article and images here, but if someone could perhaps create a similar tutorial (own words, own example images) in our tutorial forum, it would be great! Either that or try to find out who wrote that article and ask if they'd consider reposting it here (either in our tut forum or on our blog)

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #20
roxana
Checking out, and taking Magical Express back to MCO

Software: CS5
Camera: Canon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolc View Post
Great question. Yeah it wouldn't be right to copy their article and images here, but if someone could perhaps create a similar tutorial (own words, own example images) in our tutorial forum, it would be great! Either that or try to find out who wrote that article and ask if they'd consider reposting it here (either in our tut forum or on our blog)
Let me check who the authors are, and will let you know whatever they say about

I link to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Speed Scrapper! Sorcerer\'s Hat Jungle Cruise Peru Monorail Maracas Carousel horse Pirate Ears Teacups Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Magical Express Thanks for being so helpful to others Roxana! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Pirate Flag Viking Ship Pirate Dog Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Cheshire Cat 1 Minnie\'s Shoe It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Expedition Everest Mickey\'s glove Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote