MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Welcome > MouseScrappers - site news and thoughts
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #11
Carolc
Administrator

Software: PSE 7
Camera: Nikon D50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyR0618 View Post
Ladies - you have me in tears this morning....my daugheter was granted a Make a Wish trip last October and we stayed at Give Kids the World. This is THE MOST amazing place and I have been looking for digi materials to go with our pictures...

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Thank you for the kit and thank you for supporting such an amazing organization!!!

I cannot say enough about the lengths that this organization goes through to ensure that these kids have the time of their lives. Their generosity is beyond words.

Thank you!! Did I say that yet?

Seriously tears...you made my day :-)
I just love your post, Amy! I'm so glad that you were able to experience this wonderful resort first hand! I was there for just a few hours, and was wowed not just by the facilities, but the volunteer "Angels" that work there. Everywhere I walked, anyone I saw would look at me, smile and ask how I was doing. I wasn't with a child, I wasn't staying there - yet people were just plain nice to everyone.. such a warm and loving atmosphere! I can only imagine what it would be like for the children whose wishes were granted! I am so glad you like this kit.

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Carolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #12
Carolc
Administrator

I just updated the list of freebies on the first post. KayR previously didn't have a blog, but went through the trouble to get one all set up so that she could have a place to share her freebie with you. Thanks, Kay!

Studio1955
Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Pop Century Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Speed Scrapper! Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition D23 Member Pirate Ears Disney Vacation Club Member Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Minnie Cupcake Wish VoluntEAR - Ribbon Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Minnie\'s Shoe Anna Ive met another MouseScrapper Transfer an existing reservation

Old 09-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #13
AmyR0618
Heading to John Wayne airport… I'm going to Disney World!

Software: ADobe Photoshop Elements
Camera: Canon EOS 40D, Canon Powershot
Carol -

I cannot even begin to describe the experience that we had at GKTW. My daughter was granted a wish because she was undergoing treatments for leukemia. She was diagnosed at 2 & 1/2 years old and went through 2 years of complete hell while on chemo treatments. She was at the end of this long journey when we went and she actually took her last chemo pills while we were there. The amazing "angels" actually went out to the grocery store and got her a cake. That and some balloons were waiting for her when we returned from dinner that night. That is just one example of how amazing they treated us.

Another example - we actually extended our vacation and stayed a second week at AKL on Disney property (at our own expense of course) and I forgot my camera battery charger in the villa at GKTW. I would be lost without my battery charger on the 2nd week of our trip, but they had someone drop it off at the hotel while we were out at the parks...I was so incredibly thankful to them for doing this. They certainly did not have to do that for us, but they did because they knew it was important.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of the experience we had there and I will definately be getting the kit!!!

Thank you again for supporting GKTW!!!
~Amy

AmyR0618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #14
Carolc
Administrator

Such great stories, Amy... it's great to hear how they went the extra mile to help you out. I'm so glad you had an enjoyable trip!

Studio1955

Old 09-17-2011, 06:14 AM   #15
stenogoddess
Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA

What a perfect cause and what a perfect kit. Thank so much for creating this kit and allowing us to help such great place.

stenogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #16
Marie
Having dinner at Rainforest Café

Software: SBC Plus 3.0
Fabulous kit! Thanks so much for supporting GKTW!

My boys received a Disney wish trip thanks to Make a Wish in 2005. We stayed at GKTW . I can't say enough about this wonderful place and the people there. My boys especially loved the wheelchair accessible carousel and the castle. In Florida, we had van trouble. While our van was in the shop, they arranged for a wheelchair transport so the boys wouldn't miss out on going to the parks. My boys are no longer able to travel so I'm so thankful we made this trip when we did. So many great memories!

Marie is offline   Reply With Quote