MouseScrappers.com  

Go Back   MouseScrappers.com > Challenges! > Weekly Challenges
Click here to view our Sponsors Click here to visit us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Virtual Pin Shop
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
obumpus

Weekly Challenge #124 (2/29-3/6)

When I'm not at Disney the thing that keeps me "there," at least mentally, is the music. I almost always listen to Sorcerer Radio, a free, online Disney radio station. Most of the time I am very familiar with the music they play, but sometimes, sometimes they play a new tune that I don't recognize. So, our challenge is going to be based on Disney songs. Your challenge, if you choose to accept it is this – I am going to give you a list of 5 Disney songs, ones that are, for the most part, not as well known. I will include links so you can listen to the songs if you are unfamiliar with them as well as links to the lyrics in case you need help figuring out the words. You are to pick out one of these songs and use it as inspiration for your LO. As always, your page MUST be Disney. If you have any questions, please ask.

Your page must include at least 1 photo, journaling (3 sentences), and a title. Leaving love for your fellow participants is not required, but always nice. You will have until midnight Tuesday, March 6, 2012 to complete your page and get it uploaded to the site.

The songs you have to choose from for your inspiration are:

Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride – Lilo and Stitch
I Love to Laugh – Mary Poppins
Substitutiary Locomotion – Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Painting the Roses Red – Alice in Wonderland
Two Worlds – Tarzan
I'll Make A Man Out of You – Mulan
I'm Wishing – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Heffalumps and Woozles – Winnie the Pooh
Pink Elephants on Parade – Dumbo
I've Got A Dream – Tangled

Our PP has been generously provided by Brittney of Britt-ish Designs. Please be sure to thank her! Here's a preview of what you'll be receiving upon successful completion of this challenge. I have so been waiting to use this until the challenge started. When Britt sent me the preview I just about died. I LOVE it!

The song I chose for my sample LO is "Best of Friends" from The Fox and the Hound. I got my inspiration from the overall subject of the song being about an unusual friendship, thus a LO about the when I met Carol and Nichole (a mom of a Make-A-Wish child that I helped create an album for). If you aren't familiar with the song, you can find the lyrics HERE and the video HERE. And here's my sample page:

I have also posted it in the Theme Parks > EPCOT Layouts > World Showcase > France > General LO's Forum HERE

If you are having any problems, please let me know. I may be able to help you come up with ideas since I picked songs that I was able to think of ideas for, lol! And, there is a slim possibility, that you may be able to convince me to add an extra day for this challenge, seeing as today is Leap Year and all. Information for downloading the PP should be sent to everyone who successfully completes this challenge by end of business (CST) on Wednesday, March 7th. If you are unable to download via 4Shared, please let me know via PM and I will arrange another way for you to get your PP.

And, just as a reminder, here are the challenge guidelines:
  1. Layout should be uploaded to the MouseScrappers Gallery in the Weekly Challenge category.
  2. Your layout needs to be posted in two other places: in the weekly challenge thread, located HERE, and in the appropriate forum.
  3. You aren't required to leave love, but it is always nice. If someone leaves you a comment, please comment on their layout as well.
  4. Please don't use a quick page to fulfill the challenges -that really isn't fair to everyone who created their own page to receive the prize, and makes light of the prize providers work. Templates are allowed though.

Last edited by obumpus; 02-29-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
ana_carol
E Ticket Holder

Great challenge October
I chose Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride – Lilo and Stitch and here is my take on it

Also posted here
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...104#post101104
Mouse Ears Minnie\'s Bow Pirate Ears Mickey\'s glove Speed Scrapper! Brazil Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey\'s shorts Mickeys shoe Halloween 2010 - Limited Edition Minnie\'s Shoe Mickey Pumpkin Pop Century Thanks for helping to make MouseScrappers a better place Ana Carol! Redfan Great Britain Morocco Miss Piggy 1 Canada Wish VoluntEAR - Castle

Old 02-29-2012, 04:46 AM   #3
Nanie Scrapper
Staying the night in the Contemporary Resort

Software: CS5 and PSE 9
Camera: Nikon
Oh wow October... you have created a very unique, fun challenge for us this week!!! I can't wait to listen to the tunes and start creating! Looking so forward to this

Your layout and journaling is just AWESOME and so inspirational ! Love it!

Thank you Britt for these GORGEOUS silhouettes!!! Just gotta have them
Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Minnie\'s Bow Magical Express Mickey Pumpkin Pinocchio Queen of Hearts Big Eyes Goofy USA Big Eyes Donald Italy Star Tours Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 2 Contemporary Resort 1 Jungle Cruise Expedition Everest Minnie\'s Shoe Mickeys shoe Pirate Ears Mickey\'s shorts Pirate Flag

Old 02-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
jr4mni
Enjoying a baguette by the fountains of France

Software: Craft Artist Pro, PSE 10, PCS6
Camera: Looking for a new one.
OH WHAT A GREAT CHALLENGE! I love listening to Sorcerer Radio too!

I've got two ideas for this challenge... Off to go plan my LO's.

Britt - AWESOME PP!!!! This is why I love MS so much. Having the chance to win such one of a kind pp's that speak to every fiber in my scrappin' being. I'm getting all emotional about it!!

PROUDLY creating for Mad for the Mouse Designs and Chubby Chihuahua-Designs
Disney Vacation Club Member Minnie Bride Star Tours Monorail Minnie\'s Bow Mouse Ears Mickey Pumpkin United States of America Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Pirate Flag Teacups Sorcerer\'s Hat Carousel horse Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Earful Tower Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar

Old 02-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
cassidyk
Taking the Studio Backlot Tour

Software: SBC+ 3.0
You are awesome October! What a great challenge and I love the song choices you provided. And thanks to Britt for another AMAZING pp!

Off to do some brainstorming.....
It\'s a Small World United States of America Mouse Ears Carousel horse Angel Limited Edition Amazon pin #6 Jungle Cruise Boardwalk 1 Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Monorail Magical Express I love DCL! Skyway Earful Tower Minnie\'s Bow Thanks for being an outstanding contributor to the site Kathryn! 2011 Special Edition pin #7 Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Great Britain Sorcerer\'s Hat Mickey\'s shorts Captain EO Teacups Mickey\'s glove Mickeys shoe Mickey Pumpkin Pirate Dog Rocket Jets Beast

Old 02-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
Bev Cavera
Watching fireworks burst over Sleeping Beauty's Castle

Software: PSE 8
Camera: Cannon Rebel T1i
We love to Laugh

Lo linked to credits at Gallery site
Thanks for the PP Brittney
http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...142#post101142
Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Disney Vacation Club Member Magical Express Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Contemporary Resort 2 Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Star Tours Minnie\'s Shoe Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Captain EO Italy France Sorcerers Hat Pumpkin King Gingerbread Mickey Bar It\'s a Small World

Last edited by Bev Cavera; 02-29-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: added forum site

Old 02-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
RuthieRoo
Having dinner at California Grill

What a fun challenge!!! I used Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride as inspiration as the Lilo & Stitch characters sang it during this part of the show. It was by far my favourite show they've done at Disneyland Paris so I loved doing this page.

Also posted here: http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...156#post101156

And thanks so much to Britt for that super cute PP!!!

Mouse Ears Sorcerer\'s Hat United Kingdom Monorail Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Mickey\'s glove Teacups Earful Tower I link to MouseScrappers! Pop Century Star Tours Captain EO Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Jack Skellington Wicked Stepmother Cutester Bee

Old 02-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #8
QuiltyMom
E Ticket Holder

Software: Creative Memories SBC+ 4.0
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150
Wow - What a challenge! And I love those songs, especially Substitutiary Locomotion. I love Bedknobs and Broomsticks!

I'll have to figure out a song for sure!

Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I link to MouseScrappers! Thanks for being an outstanding contributor Jan! Mouse Ears Earful Tower Pirate Ears Mickeys shoe Mickey\'s shorts Mickey\'s glove It\'s a Small World Eiffel Tower Monorail Sleeping Beauty\'s Castle (Disneyland) Teacups Viking Ship I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Skyway Carousel horse Pop Century Magical Express Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! I love DCL! Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Pirate Flag Pirate Dog Jungle Cruise Rocket Jets Ive met another MouseScrapper

Old 02-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
gfengel
Testing cars on Test Track

Software: CS 5.5
Camera: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
I would have to say I was inspired by the song Two Worlds except in our case it was TWO families traveling together to ONE world - just the opposite of what is in the song. So, here's my layout...

Also found here in the Main Street USA thread.

Thanks for the terrific challenge and thanks to Brit for the terrific PP!
Mouse Ears I link to MouseScrappers! Contemporary Resort 1 Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 2 Monorail Cheshire Cat 1 Mickey Pumpkin Rocket Jets Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie Bride Magical Express Boardwalk 1 Star Tours Sorcerer\'s Hat Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! France Captain EO Eiffel Tower Earful Tower Carousel horse It\'s a Small World Expedition Everest

Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #10
vew-tori
Watching the Aladdin Musical

Software: Creative Memories
Camera: Canon
Thanks for the fun challenge. I love Britt's PP too! and I finally got to use the template from Challenge #103.

Also posted here:http://www.mousescrappers.com/forums...175#post101175

Closed Thread