View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #15
Sand
Watching the kids play in a bug's land

Software: PSE-8
Camera: Nikon D5000
Cynthia, FANTASTIC tips! Especially taking the left, center and right shots. I too come home with TONS of photos and download every night. I get so caught up in reviewing the pics I forget to charge my camera battery. UGH! Journaling went out the window this past trip because I was too busy clicking away. You should have seen the looks I got take pics of the carpet in Conservation Station! All I could think was how great the layout is going to look.

I too have been trying to compile a list of wanted photos, especially the one from the train station looking at the castle. Haven't gotten that one yet. I would love to see your list. Maybe we could all compile a master list together!
What I would contribute are 2 things:
- Try and capture movement. Like the fantastic picture of your son with the balloons jumping in the air!
- We all have the pics with everyone hands by their side, looking straight with a generic smile. Try to either mimic the characters pose or, depending on their mood, try and get the family member/friend and character to strike a pose within the characters story line. For instance, Minnie blowing kisses, Goofy acting well goofy, or "swim" with Goofy/Minnie/Donald at Cape May breakfast. Here are some great examples of the Cape May, just scroll down - http://sites.google.com/site/wdwchar...nt/home/dining. My favorite on her site is the one of her with Tiana and Naveen on "all fours" sticking their tongues out like frogs! Her invisible jedi death grip from Darth Vader Goofy is priceless! She is up to date on the characters since she is a CM. Great to site to bookmark.

I LOVE that you are already planning your 10th anniversary book!! Your books that I have seen are spectacular. That book is going to be outrageous!!

It only makes sense to color coordinate the clothes. If you had a family photo session planned, wouldn't you try and coordinate the everyone's wardrobe? WDW is the only time we get pics of the 4 together. I have read of moms packing each individuals clothes for the day in a gallon size ziplock bags labeled with name and date to make mornings easier.

Cynthia I can't wait for your next post with more tips! Subscribbing!!

Sandy
Disney Vacation Club Member United States of America Contemporary Resort 1 Boardwalk 1 Magical Express Star Tours Carousel horse Rocket Jets I love DCL! I link to MouseScrappers! Canada United Kingdom France

Last edited by Sand; 05-23-2010 at 07:34 AM.

Sand is offline   Reply With Quote