View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #45
Hpgirl
E Ticket Holder

Software: Photoshop Elements 10
Camera: Canon Rebel T3i
Be there for rope drop if you can - traffic will likely be awful around 9:30, 10, especially the Mark Hamill weekend. If you don't get there super early, it may take an hour just to get in (at least using the satellite entrance on buena Vista - I don't know about traffic from the main auto plaza). Mark Hammill is not doing autographs, but they will be doing a live stream on the giant screen in front of the hat of his show in Premiere Theater. They've added some new sequences to the shows on the stage. There are two new face characters from the new Star Wars Rebels show (Ezra and Sabine, plus their droid), but they're only in the motorcade and the Behind the Force show (I think it's that one? Not 100% sure). Also new: Luke and Leia switched places with the Big Figs - now all the VIPs minus the Chipwoks are in Darth's Mall, which has been moved next to Pixar. It's also worth checking out the roving characters in the Dark Side - the Stormtroopers got an upgrade this year that you have to hear. Unless you have reservations, you're not likely to be able to get into the new character dining locations; if you are, the photopass photos at the beginning are a complimentary download and they each have an new photopass card exclusive to the event. With motorcade, you'll probably need to be there there least two hours early if you want a good spot to take photos. Biggest suggestion: do the motorcade/shows stuff on Sunday if you can, as Sundays have been less crowded. There's also a new cupcake with Yoda; it has Nutella frosting. The DTech offerings at Darth's Mall have also been expanded this year, but I'm afraid I don't know much about the set up for those ones. If you want to meet an Eowk, their sets don't start until after motorcade. For the characters, the attendants don't have a master list of set times and they've been known to change times the night before with very short notice to the cast, so please have pity on the poor attendants who can't tell you when certain characters will be out. They're not trying to be coy, they just honestly do not have set times beyond their own.
Definitely plan on checking out the finale show and the fireworks. It's no Hoopla, but there's pyro! Go two nights if you can - one to be close to the stage to see the finale show, one by Echo Lake or further back to actually be able to see the fireworks.
Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar Minnie\'s Bow Teacups I link to MouseScrappers! Cheshire Cat 1 Carousel horse Minnie\'s Shoe Earful Tower Magical Express Sorcerer\'s Hat Contemporary Resort 2 Pirate Dog Captain EO United States of America Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! Mickey Pumpkin Italy Monorail Wish VoluntEAR - Castle Toy Story Boo Pirate 2 Sorcerers Hat Italy Green bear Ive met another MouseScrapper

Hpgirl is offline   Reply With Quote