View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 07:18 AM   #19
PrincessMouse
In the Hall of Presidents

Software: Photoshop CS4
Camera: Nikon D3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Scrap Princess View Post
By any chance, Do you know if Flick keeps the same resolution of pics and size?
I read somewhere that some Web services change the size of pics to save space. I was just wondering. (I think i read it in Smugmug)
http://www.smugmug.com/

Only the Flickr Pro accounts can store full-resolution images. Here's the info from their HELP section:

Quote:
Are there limits on file sizes or file types for uploads?
With a free account, you can upload photos up to 10MB in size, or 2 videos per month- up to 150MB for each video. If you have a Pro account, you can upload photos up to 20MB and videos up to 500MB in size. For more on video files and types supported, please visit the Video FAQ

Flickr officially supports JPEGs, non-animated GIFs, and PNGs. You can also upload TIFFs and some other file types, but they will automatically be converted to and stored in JPEG format.

As you publish photos, they're compressed and resized by Flickr (if necessary) in the following sizes:

75x75 pixels
100 pixels (on the longest side)
240 pixels
500 pixels
Large (which will be 1024 pixels if it exceeds that length)
The original size (if you have a pro account)
To access all of these sizes for a photo, click the "All Sizes" link on the individual photo page.

If you have a pro account, we also store your high-resolution originals, which you can download at anytime as long as you remain Pro. Anyone can access public photos and download the high-resolution (original) size from a Pro account, unless you limit access to the downloadable image.
Disney Vacation Club Member Contemporary Resort 1 Magical Express Mickey\'s glove Mickey\'s shorts China Monorail I love DCL! Minnie\'s Bow I link to MouseScrappers! Pirate Flag It\'s a Small World Thanks for hosting Mickey Bar I got Cinderella Castle for referring people to MouseScrappers! Mouse Ears Skyway Mickeys shoe Sorcerer\'s Hat United States of America Mickey Pumpkin

PrincessMouse is offline   Reply With Quote