View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 06:01 AM   #10
MichaelsMomJo
Sliding back and forth on Mickey's Fun Wheel

Software: Photoshop CS3 & CS5
Camera: Olympus Stylus Tough 8000
I've been a DVC member since 2001. My original contract was 150 pts at Villas at Wilderness Lodge. About a year or so later, I added 50 pts at Beach Club. Then when Saratoga Springs opened, I added 150 pts. there, and finally when Animal Kingdom Villas were selling and they were selling Saratoga points cheaply, I added another 100 on. So I have a grand total of 450 pts, and I've rarely banked more than 25 or so points into the following year. Even had to borrow a time or two. For a large family, you're looking at staying in a 2-bedroom and if you're going during the summer or typical school breaks, then you're looking at higher point values. So keep that in mind when deciding how many points to purchase. As others have mentioned, you don't have to buy them all at once, you can spread it out. But I have one clarification on that point. Somebody mentioned having multiple contracts with different use years. I'm not sure what happens when you buy a resale because, in that case, you are essentially buying someone's contract from them and just take on the terms of their contract. If you buy right from Disney, it doesn't matter when you purchase additional points. Your use year will always be based on the use year of your original contract. So even though I purchased my 450 points over 4 different contracts and roughly 6 or 7 years, my use year for all 450 points runs from Dec. 1 through Nov. 30.

Hope that helps, and I hope you do decide to join. It's the best $ I ever spent. I couldn't give my DS the great Disney vacations we take otherwise!

MichaelsMomJo is offline   Reply With Quote